Tafraoute is a city in Morocco.
In a small settlement called Jemaa-Ida-Oussemlal, there is a junction with signs both pointing to Tafraoute; One says forty kilometres and the other sixty kilometres, the forty kilometres route which is the northern fork. The longer route goes via Izerbi and apparently is the newly resurfaced road.
CTM bus service from Casablanca (255dh one way - prices as of February 2020), Marrakech (155dh, around 8 hours 30 min), Agadir (70dh), Inezgane (70dh), and Tiznit (35dh). Daily. Stops at CTM office. Fares and times can be checked at http://booking.ctm.ma/ or on the free CTM app, but as of February 2020 the ability to buy tickets is broken on both, so instead tickets should be bought from a CTM office. A return ticket has a 15% discount from the price of two singles and there is a 5dh charge for baggage in the cargo hold of the bus. The bus itself is comfortable, and while there is no toilet on board, there are regular stops at towns and service stations.
From Tiznit, you could alternatively hire a Grand Taxi for 30+ Dh per seat (car must sell all 6 seats to depart), or take the green Lux bus #20 from outside Mosquée Assouanna, just outside place El Mechouar. Departs up to 4x daily.
February - 2nd week, Almond harvest celebrations, a Moussem is held.
- Restaurant La Kasbah, R107, Tafraoute, Morocco (on the main road south out of the centre), ☎ +212 672-303909. Cosy restaurant with attractive decor seating 32. Live music, free WiFi, internet, AC, Western toilet, heater, terrace. Variety of good Moroccan food. edit
- Restaurant Marrakesh, R104, Tafraoute, Morocco. Laidback, inexpensive restaurant serving Moroccan and Western food. edit
- Hotel Saint Antoine, Moukhtar Soussi, 85450 Tafraoute, Morocco, ☎ +212 5288-01499. A good place for a quiet drink, especially as alcohol is hard to find in Tafraoute. 35dh for a small bottled beer. edit
- Hotel Les Amis, ☎ +212661656685. Guest rooms offer air conditioning, and Auberge les Amis makes getting online easy as free wifi is available. You can also take advantage of some of the amenities offered by the guest house, including a 24 hour front desk, a concierge, and express check-in and check-out. As an added convenience, there is paid private parking available on-site. Restaurant Chez Nadia and Restaurant Argana, which are all conveniently located a short distance from Auberge les Amis. La Maison Traditionnelle (0.0 mi), which is a popular Tafraoute attraction – and it is conveniently located within walking distance of the guest house. edit
- Maison Tigmi Ozro, Boulevard Mokhtar Soussi, Tiznit, 85450 Tafraoute, Morocco (next to the Resistance Museum; entrance is on the left-hand side of the building), ☎ +212 699-916979. checkin: 13:00; checkout: 10:30. Excellent and welcoming guesthouse run by a couple who speak English, French and Arabic. Superb breakfast (around 24dh extra), WiFi, AC, roof terrace, and private bathrooms. Around 270dh per night for a double room. edit
In addition to two RV parks/campsites, there are a dozen or so hotels in town, most with comparable prices and offerings. If you have some time when you arrive, shop around.
- Hotel Les Amandiers Tafraoute's premiere tourist hotel, offering 4-star luxury at reasonable rates. Large, clean en-suite rooms, bar, restaurant, outdoor swimming pool. Friendly staff speak good French, English & German.
- Hotel Tanger a two storey building on the other side of what is the main river bed through the village.