Tadoussac is a village in Quebec, Canada, situated on the north shore of the St. Lawrence River, at the confluence of the Saint Lawrence and Saguenay rivers, at the mouth of the Saguenay River Fjord.
Tadoussac, which started as a trading post, is the oldest still existing French settlement in the western hemisphere.
You can walk from and to anywhere in town.
The area is well known for its whale watching opportunities and there are a number of different companies that offer excursions to see the whales.
- Otis Excursions, ☎ 418 235 4197 / 418 235 4537 / (no charge) 1 877 235 4197, . Run excursions in small boats of up to 12 passengers (2 or 3 hour duration). Adults from $58. edit
- Centre d'interprétation des mammifères marins (Center of Marine Mammal Interpretation). edit
There are lots of cultural activities throughout the summer season, including a music festival in July and live bands and karaoke in bars and restaurants. The youth hostel is a constant hub of activity throughout the season, hosting live acts on its own premises.
The Tadoussac Marina offers facilities for recreational boating.
The town, while remaining a generally tranquil place, offers a mix of leisure activity for all generations.
- Camping Tadoussac, 428 rue du Bateau-Passeur, ☎ 418 235-4501 / 1 888 868-6666. Clean, well organised camping ground. $28 (camping spot). edit
- Domaine des Dunes, 585, chemin du Moulin à Baude Tadoussac, Québec G0T 2A0 Canada, ☎ (418) 235-4843, . domainedesdunes.com edit
- Hôtel Tadoussac, 165 rue Bord de l'Eau Tadoussac, QC G0T 2A0, ☎ (418) 235-4421, . A Tadoussac Tradition With its whitewashed walls, red roof, maritime colours, dormer windows and cupola, Tadoussac Hotel calls to mind an earlier era. Overlooking Tadoussac Bay and the St. Lawrence River, the hotel is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts, family holidays, couples on a romantic getaway, or corporate groups looking to do some team building. Besides whale watching, golf, and eco-tourism, we offer a variety of other activities, including swimming and tennis, our health club and spa, and our Kids’ Club. Wander the magnificent sand dunes, take one of the many scenic hikes, or just sit in your room and enjoy the ever-changing landscape. Come explore everything Tadoussac has to offer. edit