TadaEarth : Asia : South Asia : India : Southern India : Andhra Pradesh : Southern Coast (Andhra Pradesh) : Tada
Tada is a town on the Chennai-Nellore highway, just over 65 km from Chennai, India and 80 km from Tirupathi. It is located in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh and is about 1.5 km north of the Andhra Pradesh border.
This place is the exact border of the Andhra Pradesh. Its nearest major railway station is Tada and Sullurpeta. NH-5 starts from Chennai to Kolkata, which passes through Tada. Pulicat lake lies east to Tada.
Also, there's is call Taxi Service @Tada
- City Taxi people can get Taxi To & from Chennai international Airport, Renigunta Airport & Tada Sri City.
Contact +918297282979, [email protected]
Tada is well connected by road network of APSRTC, KSRTC and TNSTC buses.
- Tada Falls - Also known as Ubbalamadugu Falls, which is about 15 kilometers from the Tada railway station is a major attraction. Since there are not many trek-worthy spots near Chennai, Tada falls has become a popular trekking spot for adventure enthusiasts from Chennai. To reach the falls you had to take the road that goes west before the TADA town. And ask for the village Varadayyapalem. From here the falls would be nearly 5 kms. On the road from NH5 to Varadayyapalem is the Kalki Oneness Temple.
Tada is popular for a nearby waterfalls locally known as Ubbalamadugu Waterfalls. This place is suitable for hiking, trekking and nature trails. There is also kayaking, fishing and boating at Sricity organized by IROC Adventures along with bicycling and tree climbing. Pulicat lake is a good place for boating from a nearby village BV Palem from where local boats take visitors on a joy ride. Usually charge from Rs.300-800/- per ride.
Tada is at a walking distance from Sri City, a Planned Integrated Business City (Township) located 55 km North of Chennai on NH 5 along the border of Andhra Pradesh (AP) and Tamil Nadu (TN) States of India. Much of Sricity area is in Chittoor District and a smaller area along the NH5 is in Nellore District of AP, adjacent to Tiruvallur District of TN. 25 top companies across the globe had already on board to set up shops at Sri City.
The Satish Dhawan Space Centre (aka SHAR), India’s Satellite/Rocket launching centre is located at Sriharikota, on the eastern side of the Pulicat Lake which separates Sri City and the Satellite launching station.
Tada has a few hotels which cater multi cuisines such as Swathi Restaurant, The Inn at Sricity. For regular meals, Chaitanya Mess and Annapurna Mess near Tada Police station are a good option. Eat Street at Sricity is also a good place with stalls of Andhra meals, Tiffins, Punjabi Dhaba and Chinese.
The best place around for biryani is Blue Star Biryani and there is a Cafe Coffee Day near Integrated Checkpost about 3 kms south of Tada.
- Bigstay - Apartment Hotel, NH5 Higway Road, Tada, ☎ 7660011166, . The Lagoon Global Cuisine restaurant serving specialties of Indian, Western, Japanese, Oriental and Thai dishes. Open from 7.00 hrs to 22.00 hrs. AH45 Bakery & Coffee shop Meeting place offering premium Coffees/Teas, soft beverages, smoothies and mouth watering range of freshly baked deserts, savories, cakes. Open from 15.00 hrs to 22.00 hrs. edit
- Bigstay - Cafe AH45 (Bakery & Coffee shop), ☎ 7660011160, . The best place to relax for a cup of Coffee or Tea. AH45 Bakery & Coffee shop Meeting place offering premium Coffees/Teas, soft beverages, smoothies and mouth watering range of freshly baked deserts, savories, cakes. Open from 15.00 hrs to 22.00 hrs. edit
Tada is rapidly growing with urbanisation and social infrastructure. There are a good number of options from hotels, lodges to fully furnished guest houses available for short term and long duration staying. Nearest hotel is Swathi Restuarant near Tada Police Station, Hotel Jagan, The Inn at Sricity, The Raintree Camp (Tented accommodation) at Sricity.
- The Raintree Camp (IROC Adventures), 720, Bamboo lane, Sricity (near Sricity Business Centre), ☎ 8333008877, . edit
- Bigstay - Luxury Apartment Hotel, NH5 Highway Road (Opp to Tada Railway Station), ☎ 0766 00 111 66, . Staying here, you will get a feel like home experience edit
- Krishna Residency (Krishna Restaurant), Tada, Opp. Railway station, Near NH-5. edit