Sysmä is situated in Southern Finland, eastern part of Päijät-Häme / Lahti region approximately 70 km from city of Lahti and 185 from Helsinki.
Sysmä in renowned especially from home-made beer (Sahti), but also for many cultural events and large manor houses.
Helsinki -Vantaa Airport is situated approximately 175 km from Sysmä. Most European airlines have daily connections to Helsinki -Vantaa and from there you can take a bus toLahti with transfer connection to Sysmä.
More information about flights: Finnair 
Ryanair's flights take you to Tampere for an affordable price and it is closer to Sysmä than Vantaa
More information about bus connections and timetables to Sysmä: Matkahuolto 
The nearest train station is situated in Lahti, approximately 70 km from Sysmä.
More information about train connections: VR 
You can get to Sysmä along highway 4/E75 and regional road 410 from Helsinki and city of Lahti.
Sysmä itself is small and the shops, restaurants, cafés are withing walking distance.
- Sysmä Museum, Makasiininmäentie 4, 19700 Sysmä. Museum's collection include artifacts from prehistoric times up. edit
- Sysmä St. Olaf's Church, Kirkkokuja 1, 19700 Sysmä. Daily 11.00-17.00 during the summer. Sysmä St. Olaf's Church is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Sysmä. edit
- Accordion Museum, Uotintie 4, 19700 Sysmä. The collection of the museum consists of a diverse set of accordions and the oldest one dates back to 1800's. edit
- Sysmä Theatre House, Väihkyläntie 1, 19700 Sysmä. Sysmä Theatre house was built in 1898 and it used to act as Sysmä Savings Bank building. Nowadays it is perfect place for parties and all all kinds of concerts and events. The Theatre House was designed by Helsinki-based architectural firm Nystrom-Petrelius-Penttilä. . edit
- Kammiovuori trail, Kammiovuori is situated approximately 27 km from Sysmä. Kammiovuori trail is 4 km long and it is marked with blue and white marks painted on trees. The trail passes through varying landscape until you reach the summit of Kammiovuori mountain with breathtaking view to Lake Päijänne. edit
- Päijätsalo trails, Päijätsalo Island is located approximately 7 km from Sysmä to the west.. Päijätsalo Island has several shorter trail options for a day trip. edit
- Café Paahtimo, Sysmäntie 38, 19700 Sysmä, ☎ +358 3 7172 060. edit
- Hotel -Restaurant Uoti, Keskustie 1, 19700 Sysmä, ☎ +358 3 876 250, . edit
- Majut Bar, Sysmäntie 42, 19700 Sysmä, ☎ +358 7171 277. edit
- Pizza & Kebab Fantasia, Sysmäntie 43, 19700 Sysmä, ☎ +358 7172 877. edit
- Restaurant Kivilinna, Kurenlahdentie 1, 19700 Sysmä, ☎ +358 7176 331. edit
- Bed & Breakfast Gasthaus Kivitatti, Tattimetsäntie 36, 19700 Sysmä, ☎ +358 440 771 137, . edit
- Loma-Lahdentaus cottages, Lahdentauksentie 8, 19700 Sysmä, ☎ +358 400 983 443. edit
- Tervalepikon Torpat cottages, Leppäkorventie 410, 19700 Sysmä, ☎ +358 400 371 291, . edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!