Steyr  is a town in Upper Austria, located at the confluence of the rivers Steyr and Enns.
The closest international airport is located in Linz 
Over Linz or St. Valentin
Railway information >>> 
From Vienna: exit Haag
From Salzburg: exit Enns-West
From Graz: with the Pyhrnautobahn - departure Klaus
Public transport with city buses is available. The buses usually run in 15- or 30-minute intervals and cover the most parts of Steyr. If you stay near the city center, most interesting locations for tourists are in walking distance.
Steyr has a beautiful, historical city centre. On the main square there are many old buildings from different epochs, for example the Bummerlhaus, the town's landmark. It is one of Austria's best preserved secular Gothic buildings - a part of the building dates back to the 13th century.
- Parish Church (pfarrkirche)
- St. Mary Church
- St. Michaels Baroque Church
- Pilgrimage Church of Christkindl (5 km from Steyr)
Castles and monuments
- Castle Lamberg: Lamberg Castle first appeared in historical documents as "Stirapurhc" in 980. The precious sandstone figures can be admired in the castle´s inner courtyard. The old Lamberg Castle Library can also be visited with a guide.
- Castle Voglsang
- Werndl memorial: As the economic conditions in Steyr at the close of the 19th century were suffering, the establishment of the Austrian Rifle Factory, by Josef Werndl (1831 - 1889) was a vital and important addition to the regions financial situation.
- Bruckner memorial
- Town Hall: Building of the Rococo era, erected by Gotthard Hayberger, mayor and judge of Steyr, from 1765 to 1778. The balustrade depicts four Baroque female figures representing the then authorities of town: Justitia (sword and scales), criminal law (iron chain and ball fastened to the ankles), church patronage (incense bowl) and Roman law (holding the code of law).
- Sternhaus: It derives its name from the golden Star installed above the main entrance. The star is held by two birds of prey and represents the thriving iron industry. The angelic figures above the windows depict the five senses of man.
- Meditzhouse and Meditzcourtyard: The House boasts a lavishly decorated Baroque façade and one of Steyr´s most magnificent inner courtyards in Renaissance style.
- Museum Arbeitswelt: Wehrgrabengasse 1, 4400 Steyr. Interesting exhibition: "working_world.net" - Work and Life in a Globalized World. Tel. +43 (0) 7252/77351, 
- City museum Steyr: Grünmarkt 26, 4400 Steyr, in the Innerberger Stadl (built in 1611). Exhibiton with folkloristic collections, scythe hammer, nail forge, the Petermandl knife collection, the Steinparz bird collection and arms produced by the founder of the Steyr Works, Josef Werndl, recall the heyday of the former iron city of Steyr.
- Iron clocks museum Schmollgruber: Grünmarkt 2, 4400 Steyr. The oldest exhibits are church clocks (end of the 14th century), iron clocks from the baroque period, church clocks produced by Steyr church clock makers (beginning of the 20th century) as well as a water-driven church clock.
There are many interesting activities for tourists in Steyr, but the best way, to experience the city is the Nightwatchman town tour. A nightwatchman in traditional cloting with halberd and lantern carries the guests through the historic town, telling stories and tales. At the end of the tour he guides up at the parrish church spire! Every Thursday and Sunday is a tour for tourists at 8 pm (Oct. - Mar. 6.00 pm). Information and booking at the tourist office of Steyr: +43 (0) 7252/53229-0
Another way to explore the city - but more comfortable - is with Segways. It is very easy to learn - bend over slightly - and the Segway drives forward! Guided tours take place daily, information and booking: +43 (0) 720 / 554 721 21
- Styraburg Festival: 8 - 11 November 2012 [www.styraburg.com]
- Long night of museums: 6 October 2012 from 6 pm
- [email protected]: 28 March - 7 April 2013 [www.schuberatsteyr.at]
- Jazzfest Steyr: 14 – 17 March 2013
- Styraburg Festival: 23 - 26 May 2013 and 7 - 10 November 2013 [www.styraburg.com]
- Long night of churches: 24 May 2013
- Steyr Town Festival: 28 - 30 June 2013
- Musikfestival Steyr 2013 with open-Air musical at the Schlossgraben: 20 July - 14 August 2013 [www.musikfestivalsteyr.at]
- Pottery markt at the town square: 26 - 28 July 2013
The traditional shoppings areas in Steyr are the "Grünmarkt" (from the main square to the town gate), the main square and the "Enge" (from the main square to the confluence of the rivers Enns and Steyr). There are many small shops and boutiques.
Opposite to the parish church is the shopping centre "Citypoint" with many shops like H&M, Esprit, New Yorker, Müller, Deichmann, etc. as well as a McDonalds, a café and a chinese restaurant.
The book store "Ennsthaler" at the main square offers a grand variety of books about the town Steyr.
- Gasthaus Knapp am Eck, Wehrgrabengasse 15 (4400 Steyr), ☎ +43(0)7252-76269. next to the museum Arbeitswelt edit
- Restaurant Gasthaus Mader, Am Stadtplatz (4400 Steyr). In the Hotel Mader edit
Schwechaterhof - Familie Pötzl, Leopold-Werndl-Str 1 A-4400 Steyr, TEL +43 (0)7252 / 53067, (http://www.schwechaterhof.at/content/de/start). Surprisingly fantastic beer selection in a hotel restaurant
- Youth Hostel, Josef Hafnerstraße 14, ☎ +43 (0) 7252/45 580. Shower on the floor and WC, communal room with cable TV and video recorder. €14-16. edit
- Camping Site Forelle, Kematmüllerstr. 1a, ☎ +43 (0) 7252/78008, . With a playground for children, tennis court, mini golf, water sports (canoe, sailing), situated at the cycle track Linz-Stey – Ennstal-Steyrtal. edit
- Hotel Mader (Hotel Mader), Stadtplatz 36 (4400 Steyr), ☎ 0043 07252 53 358, . 4-star hotel, situated in the oldtown from € 52. edit
Located at the entrance to the peaceful and picturesque Hintergebirge it is an ideal setting-off point for all excursions into the Kalkalpen National Park. Here the visitors can get information on hiking trails and bike routes, alpine pastures, guided national park hiking tours or mountain bike routes.