St. Raphael is in the French Riviera, in the department of the Var. It is next to Fréjus. This city is spread along the coast and divided in sub-city as Theoule, Agay, Boulouris, Valescure, etc.
Train and bus station are in the middle of the city. Whereas the "St Raphael/ Frejus" highway exit is quite far (around 15km) inside the land.
- Trekking, From Agay, if you take the only road that go away from the cost (follow the highe sign) you will find lots of other signs towards "Esterel". you will find there pretty and easy trek to do (one of the most famous is probably around "the le pic de l'ours").
- Diving, very nice spots from St. Raphael and the "Lyon de mer" (the island in front of the city center to Traya and the red creeks falling deep in the sea. Don't forget to dive in front of the Dramond colorful wall and a wreck for those who have a bit of experience.
- Playing golf, in Valescure, one of St Raphael suburb.
- Restaurant Sidi Bou Said, 159 Rue de la Garonne, ☎ 04.94.19.42.77. Good execution of all the usual Moroccan dishes. edit
- Many camping sites provide spaces for tents and trailers and also rent mobile homes as well. for 4 or 6 persons, it could be a cheap way to be near the beaches.
- Résidence Maeva Golf de l'Esterel, . This residence comprises a central 2-floor building and four 1-floor secondary buildings (without lift), and is equipped with a 400m² swimming pool. It is situated on the fringe of a pine grove, enjoying all the peace and tranquillity of its location in the heart of the Esterel golf course. The nearest shops are 1.6km away (shopping centre) and the town centre 5,5km away. Saint Raphaël beach is 5.5km away and Agay beach 8km away. Car necessary. edit