Springfield is in Virginia, within the United States of America.
Springfield is served by a metro station (Franconia-Springfield), a Greyhound stop, an Amtrak stop and several city bus lines. It is also the home of the I-95/I-395/I-495 junction which makes trips to DC, Tysons Corner and Alexandria very easy from Springfield.
The Franconia-Springfield metro station has a large park-and-ride parking facility, which is free on the weekends. This makes it an ideal location to park for a weekend visit to Washington DC. On weekdays a SmartTrip card (Metro's fare card) must be presented to leave the facility.
Springfield is a car-oriented suburban city, and many of the distances between attractions may be too great to walk. Additionally, walking paths in the built-up areas may not be the most beautiful, but a day trip walking around Lake Accotink will help clear out the concrete blahs.
- Explore some of the otherwise run-down looking strip malls for awesome finds in Asian and middle-eastern foods and other goods. Some of the best cheap eats are found in the corners of these old plazas.
- Take a day trip into Washington DC via the metro's Blue Line or one of the city bus lines.
- Mike's American Grill
- Hard Times Cafe
- Austin Grill
- Silver Diners
- Five Guys
- If you are looking for a new instrument, Music and Arts is a great place to buy some musical instruments.
- If you want to buy Christian cd's, movies, and books go to Lifeway Christian Store.
- If you are looking to buy alcohol then buy it at the many RiteAid stores.
- El Mercado is a store which you may buy Mexican food and treats.
- Nova Comics is the place to buy and read all the comics in Springfield.
- FYE (For Your Entertainment) sells DVD's and has a great variety of video games.
- If you are looking for buying jewelry then go to Springfield's ZALES.
- Carpets, beds, and rugs? Go to Calico Corners for a great selection of furniture.
- Springfield Mall, (intersection of Interstate 95 and Route 644). Shopping mall whose major anchors are Macy's and JC Penney, and also contains stores such as Journey's, Target, American Eagle, and Sports Authority that keep many shoppers coming. Plans are in the works for the mall to be renovated shortly, so some stores may be closed. edit
- Murphy's European Pub
- Best Western Springfield, 6721 Commerce Street, +1 703 922-6100, Fax: +1 703 922-0708, .
- Courtyard Springfield, 6710 Commerce Street, +1 703 924-7200, Fax: +1 703 924-0505, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 6401 Brandon Avenue, +1 703 644-5555, .
- Residence Inn Springfield/Old Keene Mill, Amhearst Ave and Backlick Rd, .
- TownePlace Suites Springfield, 6245 Brandon Avenue, +1 703 569-8060, Fax: +1 703 569-8061, .
- Best Western Springfield – Virginia, 6721 Commerce Street Springfield, VA 22150, ☎ 703-922-6100. edit
- Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill, 6412 Backlick Road, ☎ 703-644-0020, . Adjacent to I-495 (The Capital Beltway), 3.5 miles from the main post at Fort Belvoir. edit
- Lake Accotink , a park featuring a 55 acre lake, wetlands and streams
- Washington DC is located 10 miles away.
|Routes through Springfield
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!