Springbok is a town in the Northern Cape Province of South Africa. It is the biggest city in the region and business centre of the Namaqualand.
From Cape Town follow the N7 northwards for approximately 550 km. The border to Namibia is another 100km along the N7 from here. The N14, which crosses the whole Northern Cape crosses the N7 just outside Springbok and offers connections to Upington and the Gauteng.
The airport of Springbok is 5 km outside the town. Flights to Cape Town are available from here.
Intercape  buses stop in front of the Springbok Lodge. They offer four weekly connections to Cape Town and Pretoria.
VIP Taxis, ph: +27 (0)27 851 8780 can bring you to Port Nolloth, Upington and Kimberley. Taxis leave Upington at 8AM daily except Saturday and Sunday, the fare is R 140 (June 2008).
The town of Springbok is nestled in a valley totally surrounded by hills. It is not very big and its attractions can easily be reached by foot.
- City's museum
- Blue mine - the first commercial copper mine of South Africa, which started operations in 1852. Mining for diamonds and other gems started in recent times.
Start your tour through Springbok in the city centre, which is situated around a hill called Klipkoppie. Here was an English fortress, burned down during the Anglo-Boer war by a troop of general Jan Smuts. After a short walk along Monument Street, you will reach the museum in an old synagogue. A bit further on is the entrance to the Blue Mine.
In Melkboskuil is an old store selling antique furniture.
- Springbok Lodge & Restaurant, corner of Voortrekker and Keerom Road. A meeting point for travellers and locals to have a bite to eat.
- Nando's, Cnr. vander Stel &b Hospital Str (across Police Station), ☎ 027-7181454. Till 10pm. Taste the unique flavours of Nando's Flame Grill Meals. Power point available. edit
- Nando's, Cnr. Vander Stel & Hospital Str. (Across Police Station), ☎ 027-7181454. Till 10pm. Taste the unique flavours of Nando's Flame Grill Meals. Power point available edit
- Nando's, Cnr. vander Stel &b Hospital Str (across Police Station), ☎ 027-7181454. Taste the unique flavours of Nando's Flame Grill meals edit
- Kokerboom (Motel and Caravan Park), Van Riebeeck st, ☎ +27 (0)27 712-2685 ([email protected]). 2 Star motel specially sited to view flowers from your bedroom. A la Carte Restaurant, Ladies Bar and Conference facilities seating 100 - 120 people. Caravan sites with power points. Coin operated laundry with washer and dryer. Hotels: edit
- Masonic Hotel and Lodge, Van Riebeeck st, ☎ +27 (0)27 712-1505 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)27 712-1730), . Centrally situated 3 star hotel with all the luxuries. Full English breakfast, A la Carte Restaurant and Ladies Bar. edit
- Mountain View Guest House, Overberg Ave, ☎ +27 (0)27 712-1438 ([email protected]), . 4 star B&B furnished in African style. Good view on the city and delicious food. From R280 pp.. edit
- Springbok Hotel, Van Riebeeck st, ☎ +27 (0)27 712-1161 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)27 712-1162), . Beautiful 2 star colonial hotel situated in the centre of town with easy access. Ladies Bar and Conference facilities seating 25 - 30 people edit
- Goegap Nature Reserve is 10 km south-west of the town along the R355. It is often called Namaqualand in miniature. Inside the reserve is the Malan Wild Flower Garden, which offers hiking trails, mountain bike tours and roads for 4x4 vehicles.