center isn't very widespread, so you can easily get around by foot. Heading outside of the town center, there are regular buses that go out across the area.
Tamworth castle is within walking distance of the town
center and is well worth a visit.
* If you are into ten pin '''bowling''', the Strikers Bowl is just on the edge of the town
center. From the town center, you can walk there through the castle grounds in around ten minutes.
* For some '''indoor skiing''', check out the Snow Dome next to Strikers Bowl.
* There is also an 18 hole '''golf''' course located in Amington - from the town
center, take the B5000 and follow the signposts.
The best place in Tamworth for a bit of shopping is '''Ventura Retail Park''' not far from the town center. It has a range of good retail outlets such as Woolworths, M&S, WHSmith, Toys R Us, Comet, Currys, Focus, Halfords, Hobbycraft, Blacks, Boots, JJB Sports, Boots, Asda Wal Mart.
If you fancy a game of snooker why not try Cue Sports its located down Victoria Road between the train station and the town centre
* '''Pastiche Bistro''', Silver Street. They serve good international food.
* Most of the '''pubs''' in town also serve good food.
* '''Chicago Rock''', Coleshill Street.
* '''O'Keefs''', George Street.
Weather Spoons''' in Lower Gungate is best for cheap drinks.