is a small island chain in [[Toronto]] harbour.
== Get in ==
Catch the ferry at the Toronto Ferry Docks at the foot of Bay Street and Queens Quay. Return fare is currently $
6 for adults, $ 3.50 students and seniors and $ 2.50 for children. There is no extra charge for bicycles. Water taxis are also available but are much more expensive. The last ferry leaves the island at 11:45 pm during the summer months but take the ferry back at sunset for a spectacular view .
== See ==
* '''Ward's Island''' community [[http://torontoisland.org/Home/tabid/97/Default.aspx]] is one of Toronto's oldest residential communities. Residents of the island own their homes and lease the land. The small picturesque cottage- style homes sport some beautiful gardens and more cats per square feet than anyplace anywhere, except possibly the Coliseum in Rome.
* '''Hanlan's Point Beach''' is the only officially recognized clothing optional beach in the City of Toronto. It was first approved as clothing optional in 1894 but this approval was repealed in 1930 due to the protests of citizen' s groups. The official status was restored in 2002 following a three year pilot project.
* '''Gibraltar Point lighthouse''', on the southwestern tip of the islands, has stood since 1808 and quickly became home to one of Toronto’s oldest mysteries when, in 1815, its first keeper, J.P. Radan Muller, disappeared.
A subsequent lighthouse keeper found skeletal remains years later. Believed to have been beaten to death by soldiers from nearby Fort York, Muller is said to haunt the lighthouse to this day, as a plaque on the grounds will attest to.
== Do ==
, located on Centre Island is an amusement park for families featuring rides for kids, including an antique carousel and pony rides .
== Buy ==
== Eat ==
* '''Rectory Cafe''', located on Ward's Island. It's somewhat pricey, but has excellent food and is a lovely place to eat outside in the summer time.
* By far the best way to eat on the island is to bring your own and take advantage of one it's many beautiful picnic areas.
== Drink ==
== Sleep ==
=== Budget ===
=== Mid-range ===
=== Splurge ===
== Contact ==