=== By plane ===
Cali's International Airport Alfonso Bonilla Aragón [http://www.aerocali.com.co] is located 20 km northeast of the city and can be reached by bus or taxi. It is finishing a major expansion
but sadly has fewer destinations and flights than it used to. A number of domestic and international destinations can be reached. There are non-stop domestic flights to and from [[Medellín]], [[Bogotá]], [[Barranquilla]], San Andrés, [[Pasto]], Tumaco and [[Cartagena]]. There are a few regional flights as well.
Foreign cities that can be reached by non-stop flights are [[Lima]], [[Miami]], [[Madrid]], [[Panama City]], [[Guayaquil]] and [[Esmeraldas]] in Ecuador
. The airlines with international flights are: Avianca, American Airlines, Copa, Latam, Wingo and TAME. Avianca has VIP lounges in both terminals, domestic and international. The international VIP lounge can be accessed paying cash, located after migration and security, up one level.
During 2017 a few of airlines stopped flying into Cali: KLM used to serve [[ Amsterdam]] , Iberia [[ Madrid]] and the low-cost airline VivaColombia [ http://www. vivacolombia. co/] flew to [[ Medellín]], Bogotá and Cartagena.
As of April 2018 Avianca no longer offers the non-stop flights to [[ San Salvador] ], Santa Marta and Bucaramanga.
flight to Madrid is no longer flown on its own comfortable Dreamliner, now uses a charter plane from Evelop Airlines.
* '''MIO - Masivo Integrado de Occidente''': Inaugurated in March 2009, this transport system consists of large blue buses running in exclusive lanes with enclosed stations and offers the best option for local transit. All buses are air-conditioned, clean and safe
. A one way trip costs 1,900 COP. It is a card based system, but cards can be used once and dropped into the gate. Otherwise you can get a reusable card at the bus stations and other locations. The best way would be to pay someone 1, 900 COP so he swipes his card to let you in, then stop at a station and buy the MIO card. Each card costs 3, 000 COP. It seems you can swipe the same card several times, so you only need one card for your group. Stick to regular urbano buses where you ask the driver if he's going to your destination. The system continues construction of new lanes with the eventual goal of comprehensive coverage of the metropolitan area. [http://www.metrocali.gov.co/mio_index.htm]
* There are 23 urban transport companies to travel around the city. You may ask someone for a route as the local people are very eager to help. A regular trip costs
1, 700 COP.
[http://www.terminalcali.com/ Cali Bus Terminal]
*'''Iglesia de San Antonio''', colonial-type church at the top of a hill. Another great view of the downtown area. Be careful as this area can be risky after sunset.
*'''Barrio de San Antonio''', the Iglesia de San Antonio is located at the heart of this area. This place is popular because of its colonial architecture and it is located on top of a hill meaning that it is cooler up there and enables a view of the city of Cali from the top. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights many people come to the area to watch performers, story tellers, people selling handicrafts and just chilling out with friends. It is a great place to stay and is filled with restaurants, hotels and hostels for travelers. Many Europeans and North Americans who teach at the bilingual schools and English
institution's in Cali choose to live in this area.
* '''Estatua de Belalcazar''', like its southern neighbour [[Popayan]], Cali was founded by the Spanish conquistador Sebastian de Belalcazar. There is a statue in Belalcazar's honor in a nice residential area of Cali, where you can look out over the whole city. It's ''much'' safer than Cristo Rey.
* '''Culture''' Cali has many cultural offerings, like the ''Teatro Municipal Enrique Buenaventura'', ''Centro Cultural Comfandi'' or the ''Teatro Jorge Isaacs''.
* '''Nice places''': [[Pance]] (Is a town 25 minutes from the city) is a nice place to stay for about 20 dollars a night; also one of the best places for hiking, trekking and birdwatching in South America.
* '''Nice places''': [[Calima Lake]] (A 1.5 hour drive from the city) is a nice place to stay for about 30 dollars a night; also one of the best places for windsurfing in South America. The town of Jamundi, about a half hour south of the city also has nice weekend homes for rent and some decent mountain hikes for those up for some time in the country.
* '''Buga''' A small city an hour north of Cali. Catholic pilgrims from all over Colombia and the world go to visit the Basilica which was the site of a miracle in 1500s. The city also has its own microbrewry and you can do some impressive hikes in to the Cauca Valley directly from there.
[[Image:Souvenir store.jpeg|thumb|250px|Souvenir store at Chipichape]]
*'''Chipichape''' mall [http://www.chipichape.com.co/main.htm]: a big indoor/outdoor shopping center built on an abandoned train station and warehouse north of downtown. It provides nearly everything and especially the possibility to have a drink at various outdoor bars, and to see many ''calenas''. Its the best place to meet other foreigners, immigrants and English speaking natives. The mall has movie theaters, two food courts, supermarket, a department store and much more. A hotel is now under construction. Chipichape also has '''free wireless internet''' in the open air where all the cafe bars are located.
*'''Unicentro''' [http://www.unicentro.com] is the largest mall in town located 10 km south of downtown. It has over 200 stores, 30 restaurants and cafes, a Multiplex, Casino as well as office space, a supermarket and a department store. A new addition opened in October 2008 features the largest water fountain in town.
*'''Palmetto Plaza''' [http://www.palmettoplaza.com/] is popular with the young crowd with its many outdoor bars and cafes.
[[Image:Ethnic and modern handbag 2.jpg|thumb|250px|Colorful handbag made with materials crafted by natives]]
*'''Cosmocentro''' has a large supermarket and a some stores.
* ''Marranitas'' is a delicious mix of plantain with "chicharrón" (pork`s skin fried)(The best ones are in "El champus de Lola" in San Antonio hill.
* ''' Cali Plaza Hotel Restaurant''' A favorite hang-out for International Tourists, FREE Wi-Fi. Calle 15 Norte No. 6N-37 - Granada Barrio - Zona Rosa - 57 2 668 2611 - [email protected]
=== Bars ===
* '''Baco Bar''' a great and quaint bar on the north end of Cali that transports you back in time. The drinks are a great price , the staff and owners are warm and welcoming. The bar was once a family home and many years ago was transformed into this little gem of the valley. Located at Calle 5 # 13-23."
* '''Cali Plaza Hotel Restaurant & Bar''' A favorite hang-out for International Tourists, FREE Wi-Fi. Calle 15 Norte No. 6N-37 - Granada Barrio - Zona Rosa - 57 2 668 2611 - [email protected]
* '''Alterno Bar''' is more like a crossover type of bar, its pretty good and you can meet a lot of people.
* '''Casa del Arte''' is a lively bar and restaurant with a mixed age crowd, mostly gay costumers. Closed Mondays. Phone +57 3 665 2365 Calle 44 #4-31 Norte Cali [http://www.cafecasadelarte.com].
* '''El Faro''' is the place to go if you like classic rock/heavy metal. Located in "El Limonar" A "Jirafa" (Lot of beer) is about USD3.
* <sleep name="La Fonda Pance" alt="" address="Main road to Pance 200 meters before the Topacio road" directions="" phone="3176643004" email="[email protected]
" fax="" url="http://www.lafondapance.com" checkin="" checkout="" price="">If you don´t want to spend your night in the city, nature can be a good option 25 minutes away from Cali</sleep>
Drop Bear Hostel Cali" alt="" address="Calle 2 Oeste #25 28, San Fernando, Cali" directions="2 blocks from El Parque del Perro" phone="+573156039906 / +57 2 348 1993" email=" infocali@ dropbearhostel.com" url="http://www. dropbearhostel.com" checkin="2pm" checkout="12pm" price=" 25000" lat="" long="">stylish hostel in the popular night life suburb of San Fernando, right next to bars and restaurants. Free breakfast, free internet, BBQ and Jacuzzi, dorms and private rooms, customer kitchen, free towel rental, lockers, hot water, drinkable water. Mutlicultural nights with Mealsurfiing, salsa classes, yoga clasess. Super stylish place, clean and quiet but still very social. Two netflix rooms also. Dorms from $ 25mil, privates from $80mil</sleep>
* <sleep name="Cali Plaza Hotel" alt="Cali Plaza Hotel and Apartments" address="Calle 15 Norte No. 6N-37" directions="Granada Barrio - Zona Rosa" phone="57 2 668 2611" email="[email protected]
" fax="" url="http://www.caliplaza.com" checkin="2:00 pm" checkout="1:00 pm" price="$63 US">American owned hotel with apartments and 24 hour security in the heart of Cali.</sleep>
[[Image:FVL Clinica Cali.JPG|right|thumb|300px|Fundación Clínica Valle del Lili. Interior gardens]]
[[Pance]] Is a
great place to visit, waterfalls hiking trails, birdwatching .. .
* The little hamlet of [[San Cipriano]] is a good day trip. Most people visit this place only for the ride to it, but it is also possible to stay overnight. Enjoy a swim in the various river beaches, or enjoy a tube ride down the river.