YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
There is a shuttle from the airport to your resort (new city 180baht, or old city 300 baht).
Nok Air [http://nokair.com]
=== By train ===
From [[Phitsanulok]]: Frequent buses operate from the main bus terminal and take about 1 hour for the 58 km trip. Note: There is a taxi driver scammer who stands next to the bus ticket window clearly marked Sukhothai and tells you that you are at the wrong bus station and that buses to Sukhothai leave from Bus Station No 2 which he can take you to for a fee. Just ignore him and buy bus ticket from the window.
From [[Bangkok]]: There are direct buses from Bangkok Mo Chit Terminal
From [[Chiang Mai]]: Buses from Arcade bus terminal take about 4 hours. The cheaper local buses make several stops, including Lampang, and take about 5 hours. In this instance, Wintour, charges 231 baht for a second-class air-con bus. It takes 5.5 hours and arrives at a bus station 1.5 km away from (new) town center. It's also possible to stop in the old town. On the way back to Chiang Mai, if catching buses from old Sukhothai there might be some auto claimed "bus ticket-sellers" waiting at a bus stop sign near the entrance of Sukhothai historical Park (next to a bike shop). They will try to charge you 300 baht instead of 227 baht. They will state that you cannot buy a ticket directly on the bus or that you will have to stand if you don't buy their ticket. This is a scam, they obviously cannot book a seat for you. They just buy tickets beforehand and cheat tourists by selling them normal tickets at a higher price. They can also become really aggressive if you try to unveil their scheme. Just ignore them and wait for the bus to come, you can directly buy tickets on board. There's also seem like to be another bus stop in front of the 7/11 shop.
The purple #1 [[Thailand#Songthaew|songthaew]] travels to and from the bus station, which is about 3 km out of town. They run the length of Charodwithitong Rd. The fare is 10 baht.
The large blue [[Thailand#Songthaew|songthaew]] to Old Sukhothai leaves from a bus stop Charodwithitong Rd about 100 m west of the bridge. It stops about 750 m from the entrance to the central zone of the historic park. Fare: 20 baht. Drivers often ask 30 baht from foreigners, but if you insist or start to walk away they should agree for 20 .
There are also tuk-tuks, which will try to get 600 baht out of you for a trip to the Old City (main ruins)some 15 km out of town. The correct price is about 300 baht,and this is for at least a couple of hours. When you have seen the part you are at and want to move further in the same area, the driver takes you there. In Feb 2012, Reports are that 600 baht is a fair price for a day.
* '''Pay a visit to the ruins at Sri Satchanalai''' Historic Park, 55 km from new Sukhothai. Few tourists, great sites, quiet. Bike rental at entrance.
* '''Walk around the fresh market in new Sukhothai''' in the early morning. Try the tastes of many kinds of local food Sukhothai people like to eat, e.g., sticky rice with deep fried pork, sweet deep fried beef or spicy pork salad wrapped in a banana leaf.
* '''Rent a motorbike in new Sukhothai''' and appreciate the local life-style.
* '''Have "Sukhothai" Noodles!!''' - It's a must!
== Buy ==
=== Budget in the New City ===
* <sleep name="Thai Guesthouse" alt="" address="25/4 Rach-U-Thid Rd" directions="" phone="089-2627251" url="" checkin="" checkout="" price="150-200 baht" lat="" long="" email="" fax="">Located 1 block after TMB(Thai Military Bank)in market area. Look for sign "LAUNDRY" Free Wi-Fi. Just old house with shared bathroom. Concession rate applied for long-stayers. Handy access to market, banks, conves, net-cafe. Free to use utensils and hot water. Always-helpful-manager is also a certified Thai Massaer. Facebook: Thai Guesthouse "</sleep>
* <sleep name="4T Guesthouse" alt="" address="22/7 soi.Maeramphan T.Tanee A.Muang Sukhothai 64000" directions="" phone="055-614679" url="" checkin="" checkout="" price="300-400 baht" lat="" long="" email="[email protected]" fax="">Wonderful bungalow-style guesthouse with a pool, in a quiet setting set back from the road, but close to center of town. Great value considering the pool and has good restaurant, and friendly owners.</sleep>
=== Budget in the Old City ===
* <sleep name="Old City Guest House" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="" url="" checkin="" checkout=""
=== Mid-range in the Old City ===
== Get out ==
* [[Chiang Mai]] — local bus takes 5.5-6 hours with 4 hours before an "official" toilet break at Lampang.