YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
* '''Silja Line''' [http://www.silja.fi], owned by Tallink, has ferries to [[Mariehamn]], [[Helsinki]] and [[Turku]] departing from '''Värtahamnen''' port. See directions above.
* '''Viking Line''' [http://www.vikingline.fi/index.asp?lang=en] ferries to [[Mariehamn]], [[Helsinki]] and [[Turku]] depart from the eastern part of '''Stadsgårdsterminalen''' in northeastern Södermalm. To get there from the city centre, take the green or red underground lines to Slussen, and take the exit for Slussenterminalen.
* '''Birka Cruises''' [http://www.birka.se/] ferries to [[Mariehamn]] in [[Åland]] depart from Western Stadsgårdsterminalen, about 700 meters from Slussen (right in front of Viking's terminal). See above for instructions.
[[Image:Tekhogtunnelbana.JPG|thumb|250px|Artwork at the Tekniska Högskolan metro station.]]
Stockholm has a metro system called the '''Tunnelbana''', commonly abbreviated '''T-bana''', and symbolised with a blue '''T''' on a round white sign. With exactly 100 stations, it is extensive for a city of this size, and will get you around almost all the downtown places as well as many inner suburbs. Trains run from 05:00 to 01:00 on weekdays and around the clock on weekends. Night buses replace the trains on weekdays. The metro is probably the fastest way to travel to many inner suburbs not served by suburban rail, as well as offering a scenic view from the bridge between Gamla Stan and Slussen.
* '''Djurgårdsbrons Sjöcafé''', Galärvarvsvägen 2 (''on Djurgården, just to the right as you cross Djurgårdsbron'') [http://info.aos.se/E/V/STOSE/0000/35/50/6.html]. Only open in the summer months. Rents bikes for 250 SEK per day. Also rents roller blades and kayaks.
* '''Gamla Stans Cykel''', Stora Nygatan
* '''Servicedepån - Cykelstallet''', Scheelegatan 15 (''T Rådhuset'') [http://cykelstallet.se/]. Open all year. Rents 3 speed city bikes, 21 speed mountain/hybrids (200 SEK/day), and racers. They have metal-stud snow tyres for winter ice use, but you will have to ask in advance. Helmets are free with the bike, other accessories like panniers can also be rented. Rental period is from 10:00-18:00, full 24 hours, or several days.
* The heights of northern [[Södermalm]] give a great view of central Stockholm. Get off the underground at ''Zinkensdamm'', walk up the street ''Ringvägen'' and then the old and partly cobbled ''Yttersta tvärgränd'' until it terminates just next to an abandoned stone quarry on the right. Climb the quarry on either side and enjoy this somewhat steep and unprepared location, which has a tendency of attracting a pretty lively crowd on new year's eve and summer nights. Get off the underground at ''Slussen'' and walk up ''Katarinavägen'' and then on to the lovely ''Fjällgatan'', where tourist coaches make a stop to let everyone enjoy the most popular vantage point.
* '''Hammarbybacken''', a semi-artificial ski slope, walkable around the year, great during summer.
* '''Kaknästornet''' [http://www.kaknastornet.se/] contains Stockholm's highest observatory floor and restaurant, giving a good view of the central town, and the inner archipelago. Entrance fee 45 SEK.