* Check into an '''Ashram''' to study yoga, meditation and Hindu philosophy.
*'''White Water Rafting''' Rishikesh is very popular for its rafting on the River Ganga (Ganges). The months from September to December and March to June are considered as the best periods for the ultimate enjoyment of water rafting. The rafting will go on for several kilometres, and the path is interspersed with rapids, ranging from Level 1 to Level 5, in order of difficulty. At the end of the trip, you have the option of jumping some 20 feet from a ledge into the water. There are several local travel agencies, offering these rafting trips. The package usually includes an overnight camp on the banks of the river, with a brilliant and dangerous trek among the hills in the morning. If one has time, courses in rafting are also offered. [http://www.
*'''Camping''' is a recreational activity that does not have any age limit. Any individual who likes to explore new places and enjoy the beauty and serenity of nature can embark on a camping voyage. Camping in Rishikesh on the Ganga beach offer an environment to wake up with the birds cher chew and can swim in the fresh water of the river Ganges. Camping in Rishikesh is a very popular activity.[http://
*'''Rappelling''' Climbing down with a rope is called rappelling. The group is taken to a spot where there is a cliff drop, experts with proper equipment who setup the gear first and then, one by one, everyone comes down. It's all about trusting your gear and following the instructions and then it's a lot of fun.
*'''Rock climbing''' This is something everyone is familiar with, this is also included in some of the camps but not everyone can do it as it requires a lot of strength and skill. The group is taken to a cliff side and with proper safety gear everyone is given a chance to climb the cliff side.
*'''Cliff Jumping''' You are supposed to jump into freezing water from a cliff! Yes, it sounds crazy but this is one thing which everyone can brag about back home, of course you are wearing a life jacket and a helmet but still to jump from so high into the Ganga which is murky and the bottom can't be seen, it's not like jumping into a swimming pool where one can see the bottom the water is static.
*'''Kayaking''' is the use of a kayak for moving across water. Kayaking is differentiated from canoeing by the fact that a kayak has a closed cockpit and a canoe has an open cockpit. They also use a two bladed paddle. Another major difference is in the way the paddler sits in the boat. Kayakers sit in a seat on the bottom of the boat with their legs extended out in front of them. Canoeists will either sit on an elevated bench seat or kneel directly on the bottom of the boat. Whitewater kayaking is the sport of paddling a kayak on a moving body of water, typically a whitewater river. Whitewater kayaking can range from simple, carefree gently moving water, to demanding, dangerous whitewater. One can learn this sport by taking kayaking courses from [http://
*'''Trekking''' There are lot of soft treks available around Rishikesh. Some of them take you to beautiful and hidden waterfalls. These beautiful natural wonders are 2-6 kms from Laxman Jhula and are hidden in the nearby forest[http://
*'''Near By Excursions''' There are many small excursion/sight seeing tours for half day or one day. Like to Vashishtha cave, Kunjapuri temple (1700Mts), Neer Gaddu Water fall, Mussorie, Haridwar. Guides and taxi can be booked in many travel agencies. For more information or booking you can also call at 9927213649 or 0135-2440111.
*<do name="Rishikesh Yog Dham" alt="RYS 200 - Yoga Alliance" address="Mount View Cottage, Tapovan" directions="" phone="+91 9808729791" url="http://rishikeshyogdham.com" hours="" price="US$ 1200" lat="" long="">A yoga school registered with Yoga Alliance - offers 200-hour residential yoga teacher training programs and yoga courses in Rishikesh.</do>
*<do name="Himalayan Yoga Academy" alt="Yoga Teacher Training and Certification School in Rishikesh" address="Next door Swargashram Police Post, Ram Jhula" directions="20
*<do name="Rishikesh Yog Peeth" alt="RYS 200, 500 - Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance - USA" address="Krishna Cottage, Swargashram, Ram Jhula" directions="near Chotiwala Restaurant" phone="+919557016661" url="http://www.rishikeshyogpeeth.com" hours="" price="US$ 1350" lat="" long="" email="[email protected]">Offers 200, 300 and 500-hour residential hatha yoga teacher training courses in Rishikesh with additional 100-hours training(course fee includes food and accommodation). Also conducts short term yoga & ayurveda courses and retreats throughout the year.</do>
* <sleep name="Raj Resort" alt="Raj Resort Rishikesh" address="Badrinath Road Tapovan" directions="5 minute walk from Police Check Post Tapovan" phone="+91 - 135 - 2434165, +91 9412917323" url="http://www.rajresort.com/" checkin="" checkout="" price="Rs 300 - 1500" lat="" long="" email="[email protected]" fax="">Clean and comfortable ,AC/non-AC rooms with attached bathrooms, hot shower, balcony with mountain view, garden, car parking, restaurant. Yoga lesson, river rafting and other extras are also available.</sleep>
* <sleep name="Rishikesh Sadan, The Spiritual Retreat Guesthouse" alt="Yoga Teachers Training" address="Near Old RTO Checkpost, Aamkhala, Tapovan, Badrinath Highway" directions="next to Narayana Palace" phone="+91
* <sleep name="Sai Ganga Cottage" alt="" address="Tapovan Badrinath Road Laxman Jhula" directions="Take rickshaw from Rishikesh Market to Sai Ganga Cottage, 10 min from Rishikesh market, very close to Ram Jhula bridge and waterfall" phone="9997015534" email="[email protected]" fax="" url="" checkin="anytime" checkout="12:00" price="Rs 500-2000">Family operated, beautiful rooms A/C and Non A/C available, water heater, delectable restaurant, cyber cafe, rafting and trekking packages, bus, air and train ticketing services available.</sleep>
* <sleep name="Shiva Resort" alt="" address="Swargashram" directions="" phone="" email="" fax="" url="http://www.rishikeshyogpeeth.org" checkin="" checkout="" price="From Rs 450-1000">Open rooms with balconies and garden. Also offers yoga lessons in the morning (7:00AM to 8:30AM ) & evening (5:30PM to 7:00PM), in-house pool, internet cafe, ayurvedic treatments and panchkarma centre.</sleep>
*<sleep name="Shiv Shakti Guesthouse" alt="" address="Laxman Jhula" directions="near Sant Sewa Ashram" phone="+91 9756697614" url="
*<sleep name="Hotel Surya Palace" alt="Rishikesh Yog Peeth - RYS 200, 500" address="Village Jonk Ramjhula" directions="near Chotiwala Restaurant" phone="9557016661" url="http://yoga-alliance-teacher-training.com/" checkin="" checkout="" price="US$ 10~15" lat="" long="">Opened 2010. Wifi. Rooms are big, clean and very comfortable. Also offers yoga teacher training programs registered with Yoga Alliance (USA).</sleep>