YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
Getting around Coimbatore is easy. There are public transport buses, auto rickshaws and plenty of taxis available. Auto rickshaws can charge whatever they feel like, if they find that you are an outsider. Call taxis have a digital meter installed which will tell you the cost.Dial any fancy number to get in touch with Call taxis. Minimum charge is Rs. 40/- .and 16/12 per KM for different operators There are many call taxi operators and you can get a number from your hotel, the railway station or airport.
* <listing name="
*<listing name="Kannan Tours & travels Pvt Ltd" alt="coimbatore taxi" address="1273,Trichy Road,Coimbatore 641018" directions="Next to Kannan Departmental stores" phone="0422-2302280" url="www.kannantours.com" hours="Enquiry:24 hours" price="" lat="" long="">Coimbatore taxi services- Fares start at Rs.1400 for local use for an indica hatchback. A wide range of taxi cabs on rental available starting with an indica to an S class Mercedes.</listing>
=== Other attractions ===
* <see name="Athar
* <see name="G.D.Naidu Museum" alt="" address="" directions="Located in Avinashi Road" phone="" url="" hours="8 AM to 4.30PM except on sundays" price="Entrance free" lat="" long="" email="" fax=""> A must visit for all science history enthusiasts. Interesting collection of inventions by G.D.Naidu who is also referred as Edison of India. Interesting science experiments. One can also see the '''history of Industrialisation in Coimbatore'''. Also on display an old motor bike which G.D.Naidu learned to assemble from an British officer after which he interested in engineering. A '''Germany Gift shop''' is attached with the museum where one can buy interesting Toys from Germany. Children will enjoy a lot.</see>
Shopping in Coimbatore is concentrated in the areas of RS Puram, Cross-Cut Road and the Town Hall Area(Oppanakara St, Big Bazaar St, Raja St).Coimbatore,known as the Manchester of South India,is famous for textiles.Visitors to Coimbatore must not miss the dazzling array of shops selling Kanchivaram, Benares and designer sarees at Cross-Cut Road. Coimbatore is also known for its numerous jewelry stores situated along Cross-Cut Road and Town Hall Area. Leading global brands like Lee,Arrow,United Colors of Benetton, Levi’s Reebok, Adidas, Puma, Crocodile etc.,have retail outlets in D.B.Road. There are several huge textile showrooms in the city (RmKV,Pothys,The Chennai Silks,Shree Devi Textiles,Sri Ganapathy silks,Kalyan Sarees ) that sell ethnic wear, catering to the needs of the entire family.Sri Krishna Sweets, that specializes in Indian sweets,is famous for its Mysurpa(a sweet made from lentil flour and ghee).
ATMs are available in most parts of the city with most concentrated in the commercial areas like R.S.Puram,Trichy Road and Avanashi Road.
*<eat name="Brookfields plaza" alt="" address="Brookbond road, R.S.Puram" directions="" phone="" url="" hours="" price="" lat="" long="">
has everything from dresses like Rmkv, lifestyle, reliance Trends, Max to food like KFC, Subway, Baskin Robbins, etc
*<eat name="Seasons" alt="" address="under SKC, R S Puram" directions="" phone="" url="" hours="" price="" lat="" long="">It is a place where you get good, healthy vegetarian stuff very cheaply. The good items here are corn and spinach sandwich and all fruit juices. It's usually crowded. The ice creams are so nice.</eat>
*<eat name="Sri Aishwarya Cars" alt="Used Car Dealer" address="280, Avinashi Main Road, Peelamedu, Coimbatore 641004" directions="Near Varadharaja Mills" phone="9942416699" url="http://www.usedcarsincoimbatore.com" hours="09.00am-8.30pm" price="" lat="" long="">Dealing used cars in and around Coimbatore, and also provide Ads to sell cars for Free of cost with your Contact details. You can get quality Pre Owned Cars for Best Price than any other Places in Coimbatore. Before Buy or Sell your Cars just Visit once to Sri Aishwarya cars, Coimbatore. Cell 9942416699</eat>
The Siruvani water supplied in Coimbatore is said to be one of the tastiest waters in the world, in fact the second tastiest. Don't you ever resort to buying mineral water bottles when in Coimbatore. If so, you are going to miss something really good.
one of the best and cheapest lodge located near bus stand. well maintained and good service. located opposite to karpagam complex.just five minutes walk to cross cut road.</sleep>
*<sleep name="Guestlines Service Apartments" alt="" address="Sivaram Nagar, Sungam bye pass road,Coimbatore" directions="" phone="914222302280" url="http://www.guestlines.com" checkin="" checkout="" price="2000" lat="" long="">Guestlines Service Apartments has 15 fully furnished rooms with free wifi & gym. Guestlines is just about 1.5km from the coimbatore railway station.</sleep>
Watch out for pickpockets at Ukkadam bus
* '''Hill stations''' are [[Ooty]] (80 km), [[Valparai]] near Pollachi having no of sight seeing and picnic spots, [[Kodaikanal]] (180 km).
* '''Sanctuaries''' are Mudumalai Wild Life Sanctuary(150 km), Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary(100 km), Top Slip.
* '''Crocodile Park''' in Amaravathi is near Udumalpet (65 km).
*Botanical Garden which is situated opposite to Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, which is situated on the way to Marudhamalai temple.
* '''[Silent Valley national park]''' inside kerala is just one hour drive from coimbatore.