YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
removed excess spacing
Various tour operators and travel agencies offer chauferred car-taxi services; these are charged on a per km, per day basis. You can plan to take one to arrive into the city or take one for sightseeing in and around the city.
*<see name="Car Rental in Jodhpur" alt="" address="Paota Circle, Mandore Road Jodhpur, Raj 342006 " directions="" phone="+91-9829200919" url="http://www.carrentalinjodhpur.com/" hours="" price="" lat="" long="">Car Rental in Jodhpur offer Car Rental Jodhpur Cab rental Jodhpur Car Hire Jodhpur Cab Hire Jodhpur Taxi Services in All over Jodhpur (Rajasthan).</see>
*<see name="Balaji Forex Tours & Travels Day Tours" alt="
* '''Jai Narain Vyas University''' (JNVU) offers undergraduate, graduate/postgraduate and doctoral courses. Formerly University of Jodhpur, estd 1962, took over 4 state run colleges Jaswant College, Shri Maharaj Kumar College, Kamal Nehru Girls college and M B M Engineering College.
* '''National Law University''' (NLU) is a national level law school established in 2001 and offers five years and three years in law as well as post graduate courses intelligently combined with other streams such as science, technology, commerce etc. to provide a complete professinal degree. The campus of NLU lies just outside the periphery of city on NH-65, at Mandore, spread over an area of 50 acres and complete with state of the art infrastructure.
* '''Arid Forest Research Institute''' (AFRI)([http://www.afri.res.in]) situated at Jodhpur. One of the institutes of the Indian Council of Forestry Research & Education (ICFRE ) working under the Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt. of India. The Objective of the Institute is to carry out scientific research in forestry and provide technologies to increase the vegetative cover and to conserve the biodiversity of the hot arid and semi arid region of Rajasthan, Gujarat and Dadara & Nagar Haveli union territory. The campus covers 66 ha. on the New Pali Road, Jodhpur. The institute is also a centre of FRI University. The institute also offers training in Biotechnology and other disciplines to the bachelors and masters students.
There are numerous shops around town:
*<buy name="Ganesh Handicrafts" alt="" address="84-85 Nai Sarak" directions="near Clock Tower" phone="0291-2624165" url="http://www.ganeshhandicrafts.com" hours="" price="" lat="" long="" email="[email protected]">The owner typically invites customers for a cup of masala tea and engages in friendly chats. The shop sells jewelry, textile, clothes (can be tailored-made), and furniture. Prices are fixed so you don't need to bargain. Some scarves are as cheap as 200rps. They offer international shipping for bulky items.</buy>
* '''National Handloom''', Nai Sadak (''and ten other outlets around the city''). A four-story shop easily identified by their logo of a gloriously mustachioed and turbaned man, the jumble of items inside is authentically Indian, but prices are cheap, clearly marked, and hassle-free. The fourth story houses handicrafts and art, with most of the rest devoted to clothes.
*<sleep name="Hotel Madho Vilas" alt="" address="New Airport Road, Ratanada" directions="" phone="+91-0291-2512486 & 9829023223" url="http://www.bhenswarahotels.com/" checkin="12:00" checkout="12:00" price="2999" lat="" long="">Madho Vilas, Jodhpur, was the residence of the Late Thakur Madho Singh Ji of Bhenswara. The building has been built with pink and red sandstone in the early 40s by the renowned architect Mr. Goldstow. Today Madho Vilas stands as an elegant heritage hotel in Jodhpur. </sleep>
*<sleep name="Jee Ri Haveli " alt="" address="Gulab Sagar Jodhpur" directions="" phone="" url="www.jeerihaveli.com" checkin="" checkout="" price="" lat="" long=""></sleep>
* <sleep name="Ganpati Guest House" alt="" address="Makrana Mohalla" directions="From Jodhpur Railway Station head north on Station Road, then a slight right at MG Hospital Road, left at Nai Sarak, continue until the clock tower, head north and take the first left and then the first right then at the end of the street again right then continue until you reach the destination. 2 km from the Govt. bus stand and 1.5 km from the train station." phone="+91 291 2631686" email="[email protected]" fax="" url="" checkin="24 h" checkout="10AM" price="Rs 300 to 1000">9 room guest house with clean rooms. Get an auto-rickshaw to the clock tower and ask for directions. Rooftop restaurant with views of Mehrangarh Fort. Prices negotiable at check-in.</sleep>
* <sleep name="Sarvar Guest House" alt="" address="Manak Chowk" directions="Near Clock Tower" phone="+91 291 2616424, +91 9214419288" url="" checkin="24 hr" checkout="10 AM" price="Rs 400-1,000" lat="" long="" email="[email protected]" fax="">28 suites and double rooms. Furnished with traditional fixtures and old family portraits. Some of the rooms retain the original furniture as found when the Haveli restored. Roof-top restaurant with a view of the Meharangh Fort.</sleep>
*'''Karni Bhawan''', Defence Lab Road, Ratnada.
*<sleep name="Amar Niwas Guest House" alt="" address="507,singh pole marg,navchowkiya" directions="Near fort gate named Fethpole" phone="+91 291 2440974" url="http://www.amarniwas.com" checkin="" checkout="10AM" price="Basic fan room from
*'''Ratan Vilas''' [http://www.ratanvilas.com/], Loco Shed Road, Ratanda, ☎ +91 291 2614418, ([mailto:[email protected] [email protected]]). Still runs as an old rajputana house, with excellent facilities and very warm hosts. Courtyard meals. Large comfortable rooms that are clean and quiet. Not much in the nearby area, but a good place to relax since peacefully situated 5mins by rickshaw (50rps) from Sardar market. Beautiful pool.
*'''Heritage Hotel Fort Khejarla'''. [http://www.jodhpurfortkhejarla.com] 85 km from Jodhpur. 40 rooms with elegant furniture, and antiques. The mosaic laid rooms have high ceilings, historical photographs, traditional old paintings, elegant tapestry, beautifully carved furniture and panoramic views.
*'''Heritage Hotel Balsamand Lake Palace''', Mandore Road
* '''Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli''', Nayabas, Killikhana (''near Mehrangarh Fort''), ☎ +91 291 263 3448, ([mailto:[email protected] [email protected]]), mobile +91 9829241547, [http://www.kpheritage.com]. Old heritage haveli located on the foot of Mehrangarh Fort, with views of all monuments. Will arrange airport/train station pickup. Rs 2,000-2,500 (Dlx) /3,500 (Suite). (singles/doubles)