* '''Zhejiang University of Science and Technology (ZUST).（浙江科技大学）''' ZUST is one of the most beautiful universities in Hangzhou. It is located in the Xiaoheshan high education district. You can visit the university by taking bus K193, K310, J12. If English-speaking people want to teach in Hangzhou, ZUST would be a good choice.
* '''EF English First (Hangzhou) [http://ef-hangzhou-china.blogspot.co.uk/ 12].（杭州迎福）'''EF Hangzhou is a McSchool franchise as part of the world wide chain English First. It is notoriously bad for employing foreigners without the minimal legal requirements required in China. Parents should be weary of sending their children to EF Hangzhou, as many of the teachers have not undergone any sort of referencing, background or criminal checks. Therefore, they may be vulnerable to forms of child abuse. Foreigners should also avoid working here, as the company pays in cash, and avoids paying Chinese taxation on your behalf.
* '''Le Restaurant''', 87 Manjuelong
, Hupao Road , Siyanjing, Xihu District, +86 0571 8971 2700. Modern themed Restaurant is one of the classiest Western restaurants in Hangzhou. The menu is carefully handpicked French and Italian specialties. And not to mention the Authentic Wood Fired Pizza oven which does dish out Hangzhou's best pizzas. They also have a wine cellar with labels from all over the world. For a quiet and romantic evening away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Le Restaurant, fits the bill perfectly.
* '''The Vineyard''', Zhongtian Mansion, 173 Yugu Road, +86 0571 8763 2388. Featuring a menu created by Chef Rueben Marley, Vineyard is the only expat venue in Hangzhou serving authentic American pub foods like Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches, Bacon-Shroom-Melt burgers, and New York style pizza.
* '''Indian Kitchen''', 63 Nanshan Road, All you can eat/all you can drink buffet on Saturday & Sunday nights. ¥98, excellent service and tasty food. Serves pretty good masala dosa.
*'''Sherpas''', [http://sherpa.com.cn] expat-founded delivery service delivering food from a range of Hangzhou restaurants. English-speaking phone operators.(Has ceased operations in Hangzhou as of 31st of May 2012
For bars, '''Nanshan Road''' all night every night should keep any visitor occupied. An up-and-coming part of town is on '''Shuguang Road''' has several old and new bars that are a little less hectic than those of Nanshan Road, including local expat hangout Maya Bar, packed-out local You To, rock music bar Travellers, and many more. Shuguang Road runs north from the north-west corner of the Lake. The Huanglong soccer stadium is full of dance / performance bars around the perimeter of the building.
*<drink name="Le Restaurant" alt="" address="87, Manuelong, Hupao Road, Siyanjing, Xihu, Hangzhou" directions="Road Adjacent to the Hangzhou Zoo" phone="+8657189988558" url="www.shenanbei.com.cn" hours="1000-2230" price="250 RMB" lat="30.217231" long="120.134698">Modern themed Restaurant is one of the classiest Western restaurants in Hangzhou. The menu is carefully handpicked French and Italian specialties. And not to mention the Authentic Wood Fired Pizza oven which does dish out Hangzhou's best pizzas. They also have a wine cellar with labels from all over the world. For a quiet and romantic evening away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Le Restaurant, fits the bill perfectly.</drink>
* '''Shamrock Irish Pub''', Jiefang Rd and Jianguo Rd. More a sports bar, but without the TVs. Good pub food on the menu some live music on weeknights.
* '''Medusa''', Gucui Rd. An informal hip-hop club managed by expats. Good for a young expat crowd and cheap drinks served in a fun atmosphere. Great place to meet other travellers. * '''Casablanca''', on the Westlake . Pub run by an American, its a good friendly place to hang out and feel at home.
* '''Reggae Bar''', an old Hangzhou favourite recently (June 2009) moved from Shuguang Road to Xueyuan Road, just north of Wensan Road. Big happy bar with lots of reggae music, a strong Jamaican motif and experienced staff.One Carlsberg draft beer is ¥22.
New Century Grand Hotel" alt=" 杭州开元名都大酒店" address=" 818 Middle Shixin Road, Xiaoshan Hangzhou" directions="" phone="" url=" http:// www. newcenturygrandhotel.com" checkin="" checkout="" price="" lat="" long=""> Hangzhou boasts the highest skyline of all premier hotels in Hangzhou with a height of 218 meters in 47 floors. </sleep> ===Budget===
* '''Hangzhou Garden Youth Hostel''' opened in 2006 on ZhaoGong Causeway near the Hangzhou Botanic Gardens on the western shore of West Lake. It is part of Hostelling International and consists of a beautifully restored historic courtyard building. Dorm rooms have very clean, upmarket ensuite bathrooms with 24 hr hot water. The hostel is very convenient for walking and sightseeing around West Lake but its biggest drawback is the distance to restaurants and nightlife. It is a 15 minute walk to the bar/tea house/restaurant strip on Shuguang Road.
*'''Dragon Hotel Hangzhou''' [http://www.dragon-hotel.com/] 120 Shuguang Road Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, 310007. 5-star hotel with spacious rooms, free internet access, business and conference center, restaurants, shops, spa, etc. Names itself "smart hotel" because of several technological gadgets.
*'''European Style Holiday Hotel''' [http://www.europeanstyleholidayhotel.com/], a four-star hotel right by the banks of the West Lake, near the railway station. Address: No. 18 West Lake Street, Shangcheng District. Phone number: 86-571-28937288, fax number: 86-571-28930799.