YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
Lidingö is connected to Stockholm by two parallel bridges at '''Ropsten''', the end station of the subway in the [[Stockholm/Östermalm|Östermalm]] district. The light rail '''Lidingöbanan''', as well as buses, carry on to Lidingö. Just as inner Stockholm, Lidingö is in the inner public transport zone.
The '''Stockholm congestion tax''' has an exception: A vehicle that passes a toll station at Ropsten, and another toll station within 30 minutes, pays no fee. This means that a car can pass from the national road system to Lidingö, and the other way around, without paying.
Lidingö is well within reach for bicycles from central Stockholm,
'''Sjövägen''' is a public transport ferry from Nybrokajen in central Stockholm, passing Nacka on the way to Lidingö. [http://sjovagen.nu/]
Most of Lidingö is
You can rent the '''Stockholm City Bikes''' [http://www.citybikes.se/en/] at three locations at Lidingö: Stadshuset, Baggeby and Torsvik.
Lidingö has a lot of nature reserves and a beautiful scenery. Lidingö was also the home of sculptor Carl Milles, humanitarian Raoul Wallenberg, and engineer Gustaf Dalén.
* '''Lidingö Museum''' [http://www.lidingohembygd.se/museet.html]
* '''Fågelöudde''', a beach, most frequented by families.
*'''Lidingöloppet''' [http://www.lidingoloppet.se/] the world's largest cross-country running race. Held annually in September, with approx. 45,000 participants. One of four legs of the Swedish Classic Circuit. [http://www.ensvenskklassiker.se/english/]
* '''Elfviks Gård''' [http://www.elfviksgard.nu/]
Lidingö has a cluster of conference centers, most of them on the Elfvik peninsula. Their name is Destination Lidingö [http://www.destinationlidingo.se/]. Many of them also cater to travellers.
The list below show all
* '''Alfa Hotel''' [http://www.alfahotel.se/] close to the city center.
* '''Ariston Hotel''' [http://www.aristonhotell.com/home.html] Cosy 3-star breakfast hotell central Lidingö, close to Lidingö Centrum and to Stockholm. Free parking and WiFi, breakfast included.
* '''Best Western Villa Söderås''', a rural waterfront hotel, 12 kilometers from downtown Stockholm. [http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/SE/Lidingo-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-Villa-Soderas/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=88195]
* '''Blue Hotel''' [http://www.bluehotel.se/konferens/lokaler/blue-hamam], with view of the archipelago, and a Turkish hamam spa.
* '''Bosön''' [http://www.boson.nu/Boende/] Hotel and
* '''Gåshaga Sealodge''' [http://www.gashaga.nu/en/hotell/], at the dock to the archipelago.
Visit Stadshuset, Stockholmsvägen 50 at Lidingö for