YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
SAS [http://www.sas.no] runs 8 daily flights to [[Oslo]], 6 to [[Bergen]] and 3 to [[Stavanger]], as well as 3 daily flights to [[Copenhagen]] and a weekly flight to [[Alicante]]. Norwegian [http://www.norwegian.com/en/] runs 3 daily flights to Oslo, as well as some weekley flights to Bergen and [[Trondheim]]. Planes from Dutch airline KLM depart twice daily for [[Amsterdam]].
There are bus connections to the town centre for every arrival, both airport buses and local buses. The airport bus costs kr 100. Local buses are to the left as you exit. No 35 and 36 to city centre Kvadraturen is kr 37 (Jun 08). Taxi to Kvadraturen is kr 280/350 in weekends.
Nettbuss Sør operates the blue city buses. Eastbound buses depart from the Henrik Wergeland street, while westbound buses depart from the Tollbod street or the bus terminal, but not both. Northbound buses (to [[Vennesla]]) leave from the bus terminal.
The main lines going from west to east is called the Metro bus. You can expect a bus every 5 minutes on weekdays. Service elsewhere is quite frequent during daylight hours, but the frequency drops significantly in the evenings and on weekends. Night buses operate Fridays and Saturdays.
Taxis are expensive.
In Kristiansand, there are two major Taxi Companies:
* '''Agder Taxi''' ☎ +47 38 00 20 00[http://www.agdertaxi.no/]
* '''Taxi Sør''' ☎ +47 38 02 80 00[http://www.taxisor.no/]
* <see name="Fiskebrygga" alt="Fish market" address="" directions="Southwestern part of the town centre Kvadraturen." phone="" email="" fax="" url="http://www.norway.com/directories/d_company.asp?lang=44&id=6058&h=1" hours="" price="">There is still a fish market here, but there are also several, mostly maritime, restaurants around the central waterfront. During summer, locals arrive in their boats and anchor up here. Lovely place for an ice cream.</see>
* '''The boardwalk''' (''Strandpromenaden'') alongside the seafront in the town centre leads you threw beauteful parks and pases Norways second largest fountain park[http://www.visitsorlandet.com/en/TellusView/?&TLl=en&TLp=431347], Christiansholm fortress from the 17th century[http://
* <see name="Kristiansand Dyrepark" alt="Kristiansand Zoo and Amusement Park" address="" directions="East of the town" phone="" email="" fax="" url="http://www.dyreparken.no/om-oss/Spraak/Kristiansand-Zoo-and-Amusement-Park/" hours="" price="Adults: kr 130-kr 340, Children: kr 110-kr 270 (depending on season) Once inside, all activities are free">Has a wide selection of animals in, for the most part, natural habitats. The main attractions are lions, tigers, wolves, red pandas, and a reptile house. Other activities here include a log run, a large play area, and a pirate castle with Norway's favorite pirate, Kaptein Sabeltann (Captain Sabretooth). During the summer, there are pirate shows late at night. There's also a kind of toy town called Kardemomme by (Cardamom town) which is based on a book by Norwegian children's writer Thorbjørn Egner.</see>
* '''Posebyen''' is what's left of Kristiansand's old town. It still occupies several blocks on the eastern part of the town centre. Here you can still see small, white, single-storey, wooden houses occupy a whole block. Very peaceful just a few minutes' walk from the busy shopping streets[http://www.norway.com/directories/d_company.asp?id=6057].
*'''Forests:''' In Kristiansand, there are many forests, never more than a short walk away. Near the town center are the areas Baneheia[[http://www.visitsorlandet.com/en/TellusView/?&TLl=en&TLp=431376]] and Odderøya[[http://www.visitsorlandet.com/en/TellusView/?&TLl=en&TLp=431286]], perfect for walking recreation or winter activities at winter time[http://www.visitnorway.com/en/Where-to-go/South/Welcome-to-the-Kristiansand-Region/Winter-in-the-Kristiansand-Region/].
* Even if Kristiansand
* '''The beautiful archipelago off Kristiansand''' (Skjærgården) consists of amazing landscapes, a paradise of islands, skerries, and rocks. In the summer time, you can reach it by sight-seeing-boats from the town centre. The archipelago and the surrounding fjords is also a perfect setting for sailing and fishing
* '''Play golf''': In Kristiansand, there are two golf clubs with their own courts, both a few kilometers outside the city centre, Bjåvann[http://www.bjaavanngk.no/en/welcome] and Kristiansand Golfklubb[http://www.kristiansandgk.no/default.asp#] No reason to let the golf equipment be left at home!
[[File:University of Agder, Kristiansand.jpg|thumb|University of Agder, Kristiansand]]
*'''University of Agder''' has its main campus at Gimlemoen just east of the town centre. The new campus was built at an old military camp, and the new building was finished in 2001. There are programs in nursing, teaching, languages, psychology, literature and arts, music, sports and health, mathematics and similar subjects, law, economics, social work and politics. Just a few of the classes are taught in English[http://www.uia.no/en].
There's also music education (both classical and pop/rock) at Musikkens hus (''House of Music'') in the town center.
*'''Markens gate''' is the main shopping street in the town center. Most of the street is pedestrianized. Most of the shops are now chain stores, but it is still a busy and nice main shopping street. A few independent stores are still here. It's a central gathering place for most locals, and thus more than a shopping street.
* <buy name="Sørlandssenteret" alt="" address="Barstølveien 31" directions="" phone="+47 38049100" email="[email protected]" fax="+47 38049200" url="[http://www.
* <sleep name="Radisson Blu Caledonien Hotel" alt="" address="Vestre Strandgate 7" directions="" phone="+47 38112100" email="[email protected]" fax="+47 38112111" url="http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-kristiansand" checkin="" checkout="" price="">Centrally located in the heart of Kristiansand</sleep>
* <sleep name="Hotel Norge" alt="" address="Dronningens gate 5-7" directions="" phone="+47 38174000" email="[email protected]" fax="+47 38174001" url="http://www.hotel-norge.no/en/" checkin="" checkout="" price="">Centrally located business and spa hotel.</sleep>
* <sleep name="Clarion Hotel Ernst " alt="" address="