→Do: added Florida Launch Lacrosse, removed stuff that was not in Boca Raton (they can find jai lai in thr wikitravel page for Dania, Dolphins info in wikitravel Miami, etc)
Boca's long history of catering to the well-to-do has given it a snobbish reputation, but looking deeper one can find many terrific features that can be enjoyed on any budget. The city is very safe and enjoys a much higher standard of living than many of its neighbors, giving it a well manicured appearance with many amenities. Moreover, visitors can appreciate the limited nightlife and great beaches any time of year as the city consistently enjoys comfortable weather.
* Fort Lauderdale International Airport [http://www.broward.org/airport ], ''FLL'', large airport 20 miles south of Boca in [[Fort Lauderdale]]. This is the more preferred airport over Miami and is accessible by any of the transportations. Shuttles are usually available from airports and taxis are common.
* Palm Beach International Airport [http://www.pbia.org ], ''PBI'', large airport 20 miles north of Boca.
* Miami International Airport [http://www.miami-airport.com/], ''MIA'', Miami. (About 45 miles / 55 minutes non-rush hour.)
* Interstate 95 - four exits to Boca Raton are Palmetto Park
* Florida's Turnpike [http://www.floridasturnpike.com] - toll road with lighter traffic and an exit at Glades Road.
* Palm Tran - Palm Beach County's public bus system (http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/palmtran/)
* '''Amtrak''', 1300 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach, 1-877-632-3788, [http://www.amtrak.com]].
===By water from the Atlantic Ocean===
** '''Caldwell Theatre Company.''' 7901 North Federal Highway. 561-241-7432. Located on the west side of Federal Highway of north Boca Raton, the Caldwell Theatre Company opened its doors in December 1975 at the suggestion of James R. Caldwell, inventor of the rubber dustpan and founder of the Rubbermaid Corporation. Over the course of 34 years and four different locations, including its now permanent location in the Count de Hoernle Theatre, the Caldwell has been called South Florida’s “Cinderella Theatre” and Boca Raton’s “Jewel in the Crown.” [http://www.caldwelltheatre.com]
* '''Florida Atlantic University''' - Located along Glades Road (exit from I-95). Serving over 30,000 students, FAU is the largest university in Boca Raton and home to several Division I athletics programs. Notable features include on-campus football and basketball stadiums, a medical school, an art house movie theater and two university art galleries. (http://www.fau.edu/)
* '''Lynn University''' - Located on Military Rd (exit Yamato from I-95). Private college serving nearly 3,000 students known for its diverse population, aeronautics program, music conservatory and exceptional Division II athletes. (http://www.lynn.edu/)
* '''Palm Beach State College''' (previously known as Palm Beach Community College) - Located on the campus of Florida Atlantic University and serving approximately 15,000 students[http://www.palmbeachstate.edu/x11718.xml] at its Boca campus, Palm Beach State College offers a variety of classes including continuing education courses. (http://www.palmbeachstate.edu/)
* '''Digital Media Arts College''', more commonly known as DMAC, is a private arts college that focuses on programs in Animation, Game Art Design, Graphic Design, Advertising Design and Visual effects animation. (http://www.dmac.edu)
** Intracoastal - tour by boat, during the holidays or for special events, boat tours are available and captains will gladly drive you and your guests down the intercoastal. Tours are also available for sight seeing and a guided one to view celebrity houses from the water.
** ''' Mizner Park''', 433 Plaza Real,(561) 362-0606. [http://www.miznerpark.com/html] Mizner Park has unique boutiques, sumptuous eateries, energizing music and inspiring art. It's an interesting place to walk around for a couple hours. This upscale shopping plaza is basically the crux of the otherwise dull Boca Raton downtown area.
** Professional Sports in
** '''Spanish River Beach''' - Easily the most popular beach, especially for younger crowds. Residents and tourists typically take Spanish River Blvd east towards A1A road and parallel park along NE Spanish River Blvd or at nearby Spanish River Park.
Boca has a deserved "ritzy" reputation, but good food can be found for a variety of budgets.
* '''Tomasso's Pizza & Italian Restaurant''', 1229 West Palmetto Park Road. (561) 392-8985. [http://www.tomassos-pizza.com/]. A reasonably priced locally-owned pizza chain. Take-out, Delivery, and dine in available. Huge slices also!
*Too Jay's 2200 West Glades Road. [http://www.toojays.com/index.html] Old style New York type deli, good quality, generous servings. Original location in Palm Beach; now a small chain around south and central Florida. Tel (561) 392-4181
* ''' Cold Stone Creamery''', 2200 W. Glades Road, (561) 391-6966 or Delivery (561) 488-9665, [http://www.coldstonecreamery.com]. Kosher
* '''Sonny's Gelato Cafe''', 2151 North Federal Highway, [http://www.realgelato.com/]. Sonny's offers gelato at a great price and fun and friendly atmosphere. Also Italian cookies, capucino, etc.
***'''The Irishmen'''. 1745 Northwest Boca Raton Boulevard Boca Raton, FL 33432.(561) 368-1129. Bills itself as a "neighborhood Irish sports pub" for all but frequented by college students, especially on Mondays for College Night. Occasionally has live entertainment and beer pong tournaments. [http://irishmenboca.com/]
***'''Nakava Kava Bar'''. 140 Northwest 20th Street Boca Raton, FL 33432. (561) 395-9888. Authentic kava bar near Florida Atlantic University. [http://www.nakava.com/]
**'''Club Boca''' - Located on Military Trail, this nightclub is the primary spot for dancing in the area. There are certain nights where ladies drink free or are free of charge.
**'''New York Comedy Club''' - 8221 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33434 (http://www.nyccboca.com/) Chelsea Lately, Flo Hernandez, and other famous comedians have been known to visit the comedy club.
The Hilton Suites Boca Raton hotel, an all suite hotel, is in the heart of beautiful Boca Raton, Florida among a six acre lakeside complex surrounded by shopping and dining.