YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
You can use the public transport system (buses, trams, trolleybuses and maxi-taxis). To get to [[Mamaia]] you can take the 310 mini van called maxi-taxi for 2
[[Image:autobuze.jpg|thumb|150px|Two public buses]]
The best option is a taxi. A legal taxi must be painted yellow and must have the fee written with green or black characters on the driver's door. Always insist on starting the meter and try to avoid the cabs with red tariffs right next to the train station who, as in every major city, try to take advantage of tourists. Walk 100 meters from the station and only then wave to a cab. The typical fee from the train station to [[Mamaia]] is maximum €5, €10 to the end of Mamaia (The typical fee is: 1,79lei/km during the day; 2,15lei/km during the night and 2,75lei/km outisde the city limits. The prices are available in
Constanta has been continuously inhabited for 2500 years so there is a lot to see:
* '''The old Casino''' and the surrounding promenade was opened in 1911. It was built in the Art Nouveau style and conceived by two architects, Petre Antonescu and Daniel Renard (of Swiss extraction but born in Romania).
* '''The statue of Ovid''' (Born 43 BC in Sulmona, died in AD 17 in Tomis/ Constanta). The statue by Ettore Ferrari was erected in 1887 after a public subscription (the same statue can be seen in Sulmona). In AD 09 Ovid was sent in exile by Augustus for obscure reasons. He wrote his Tristia in Tomis.
'''Cityplex''' (in Tomis Mall), Str. Ştefan cel Mare, Nr. 36-40, Tel. +40-241-483-183, http://www.cityplex-tomis.ro/;
* '''Can''', Str. Theodor Burada, Nr. 1; Tel. - +40-724-978-822;
* '''Capitol''', B-dul Mamaia, Nr. 69; Tel. - +40-241-520-522;
* '''Casa Ana''', B-dul Tomis, Nr. 17; Tel. - +40-241-553-999;
* '''Casa Tomis''', Str. Remus Opreanu, Nr. 8; Tel. - +40-241-619-486;
* '''China Town''', Str. Zorelelor, Nr. 67; Tel. - +40-241-609-660; Mobil - +40-721-776-699;
* '''Chinese Garden''', Str. Mircea cel Bătrân, Nr. 148; Tel. - +40-241-670-717;