YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
Xela is an excellent place to take language lessons (both Spanish and some of the Mayan languages specific to the area). There are various schools and NGOs in the city most offer rates based on one week of instruction (approx. 5 hours per day). Some schools offer volunteer opportunities for an additional cost while others offer it for free. Most also offer home stay options, which is an excellent way to make sure you keep practicing at all times. One of the best reasons to learn in Xela is the price. You can expect to pay about US$140-160 per week including home stay. This often includes internet access at the school. Arrangements can be made ahead of time or upon arrival (most schools have multilingual administrators who can help make arrangements via email or phone - some even offer airport pick up from Guatemala City).
* Casa Xelaju [http://www.casaxelaju.com] tel 612 235 4307
* Kamalbe Spanish school and cultural learning centre [http://www.schoolkamalbe.com] tel(502)54888 317
* Kie Balam [http://www.kiebalam.com]
* La Democracia [http://www.lademocracia.net]
* La Paz [http://www.xelapages.com/lapaz]