YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!


Jump to: navigation, search

Northern Cyprus

209 bytes added, 11:15, 26 January 2012
Get in: made some more comment on passport stamps
All visitors to Northern Cyprus will need to pass through TRNC immigration, which is fairly painless. Citizens of the European Union, the US, Japan and most other industrialized countries get a visitor visa issued free of charge at the border or green line crossing point. Others will need to apply at "representative offices" (the TRNC has no embassies outside Turkey) in '''London''' (29, Bedford Square, London WC1B 3EG, UK. Tel: +44 20 7631 1920), '''Washington D.C.''' (1667 K. Street, Suite 690, Washington D.C. 20006, USA. Tel: +1 202 887 6198), or '''New York''' (TRNC Office of the Representative, 821 United Nations Plaza, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10017, USA. Tel: +1 212 687 2350).
When passing a Green Line checkpoint between the Republic and TRNCor entering via air or sea, TRNC immigration will stamp either a piece of paper instead of (which seems to be the norm at the Green Line) or your passport. When arriving (which seems to be the norm at an air or seaport, immigration official will do and seaports). You can usually get the officer to stamp the other document if you so on request, although wish. As TRNC stamps are no longer a major problem for later visits to Greece or Cyprus, at least for EU citizens, you may choose whether to have that souvernir stamp in your passport or not.
===By plane===

Navigation menu