YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
No, it is an official Candidate of European Union, which should be considered to remove Turkey from MidEast
* [[Damascus]] — credited with being the oldest, continuously inhabited city in the world, the old-walled city in particular feels very ancient
* [[Dubai]] — most modern and progressive emirate in the [[United Arab Emirates]], developing at an unbelievable pace
* [[Jerusalem]] — containing the [[UNESCO World Heritage Site]] of the Old City, this city is sacred for Jews, Christians and Muslims.
* [[Mecca]] — forbidden for non-Muslims to enter, this is the holiest city in Islam mostly known for the [[Hajj]]
On the other side, [[Central Asia]] also has much in common with the Middle East. Ethnic groups and languages are different, but the religion, much of the food, clothing, and architecture are similar. [[Iran]] could be counted as part of either region; at one point most of Central Asia was part of the Persian Empire.
The border between southeastern [[Europe]] and the Middle East is also unclear.
[[Arabic phrasebook|Arabic]] is the primary language of the region, and the main language in all Middle Eastern countries except [[Iran]] (where [[Persian phrasebook|Persian]] predominates),
English is moderately common in tourist areas and generally rare elsewhere. In Turkey, some German is spoken because many Turks work in Germany.
* [[Hajj]] — the Muslim pilgrimage to [[Mecca]] and [[Medina]]
* [[Ferries_in_The_Red_Sea| Ferries across the Red Sea]]
* [[Egypt]] — with [[Cairo to Jerusalem by bus|buses]] from [[Israel]] and [[Ferries in The Red Sea|ferries]] from [[Jordan]], Egypt is an easy trip from the region.
* [[South Asia]] — the [[Istanbul to New Delhi over land|"Hippie Trail"]], after traversing Turkey and [[Iran]] from one end to another (and dipping into [[Iraq]] at a time in history) goes onward to [[Pakistan]].