touting, don't use first person pronouns
Cedar Point is one of the oldest continuously operating amusement parks, having begun in the year 1870 as a beach resort on the shore of Lake Erie. Today it covers 364 acres and is home to some of the tallest, fastest rides in the world including '''Top Thrill Dragster''' and '''Millenium Force''' which are considered by many to be the best feeling in the world (make sure you keep your hands up throughout the entire ride). All up it contains more than 75 rides. Without doubt Cedar Point is the best amusement park in the world. It is a '''MUST''' for any serious thrillseeker out there with the largest number of roller coasters ever found in a single amusement park (
Two separate attractions are part of Cedar Point but not included in the general admission. '''Soak City''' is an outdoor water park; '''Castaway Bay''' is an elaborate indoor waterpark. '''Challenge Park''' features four attractions: 'Ripcord,' 'Skyscraper,' 'Challenge Racing' go kart tracks, and 'Challenge Golf', a fantasy miniature golf course.
==Admission and Discounts==
*'''Cedar Point Funday''' ''Ages 3-61, 48" and taller.'' '''$
*'''Cedar Point Junior Funday''' ''
*'''Ride & Slide 2-Day Senior''' ''
*'''Children''' ''Age 2 and under are admitted '''free''' to Cedar Point and Soak City.''
*'''Cedar Point Starlight''' ''Valid after 5 p.m. when Cedar Point closes at 10 p.m. or later; valid after 4 p.m. when Cedar Point closes earlier than 10 p.m.'' '''$29.99'''
*'''Military''' ''Valid ID required. Discount applies only to active or retired military personnel and immediate family members.'' '''$
*'''Daily Parking''' ''Per vehicle.'' ''$10.00 for regularly-sized vehicles, $15.00 for vehicles taking up more than one space''
*'''Season Pass''' ''Valid for unlimited admission during the
In addition to the discounts for seniors, combined days, children and military mentioned above, other discounts are available to Cedar Point. [http://www.thepointol.com/discounttickets .
*'''AAA (American Automobile Association) Members''' AAA offices sell discount Cedar Point tickets for their members. These tickets must be bought through an AAA office. Showing an AAA card at the gate will ''not'' get you a discount.
*'''Meijer''' Meijer stores sell discounted one- and two-day tickets.
Roller coasters, rides, water park, Challenge Park, Lake Erie.
* '''Blue Streak''' - ''the'' roller coaster when it was built in 1964; A Classic "Out and Back" wooden coaster.
* '''Corkscrew''' - the world's first coaster to take riders upsidown 3 times; spans the midway.
* '''Gemini''' - two trains run side-by-side for most of the course, one inevitably beating the other. This Coaster also has a wood structure, but Steel-
* '''Iron Dragon''' - a suspended coaster.
* '''Wicked Twister''' - the world's only double-twisting impulse coaster and the world's tallest and fastest inverted coaster. This coaster on the beach uses LIMs to launch out of the station five times (forward three times and backward twice), reaching a top speed of 72mph and traveling up two 215-foot-tall twisting towers, each spiraling 145 degrees.
* '''Woodstock Express''' - a "kiddie" coaster that the whole family can ride.
* Snake River Falls
* Thunder Canyon
* Sky Ride
* Shoot The Rapids
* Woodstock’s Whirlybirds
* Snoopy’s Express Railroad
The city of [[Sandusky]] itself has numerous hotels and motels catering to Cedar Point visitors.
*'''Hotel Breakers''', One Cedar Point Drive, (419) 627-2106, [http://resorts.cedarpoint.com/public/resorts/index.cfm?resort_id=2].
*'''Breakers Express''', 1201 Cedar Point Drive, (419) 627-2106, [http://resorts.cedarpoint.com/public/resorts/index.cfm?resort_id=1]. A modern, less-expensive alternative to Breakers.
*'''Lighthouse Point''', One Cedar Point Drive, (419) 627-2106, [http://resorts.cedarpoint.com/public/resorts/index.cfm?resort_id=6]. Located at the north end, there are cabins or waterfront cottages.