* [[Kathmandu]] -
including the suburb [[ Boudhanath]]* [[ Bhaktapur]]
* [[Chobhar]] - Ancient hill village, origins from the 12th century.
* [[Daksinkali]] - Holy river gorge and site of weekly animal sacrifices. Hindu temple complex south of Kathmandu on the Bagmati River where it enters a gorge through the Mahabharat Range
Dhulikel]] - Small town 30km south-east of Kathmandu in the heart of small hills and green valleys - perfect startpoint for short hikes. Try a 3-hours walk to the hill-top monastery of [ http://www. namo- buddha. org/nb. html Namobuddha Monastery]. * [[ Kirtipur]]* [[Nagarkot]]
* [[Parping]] - sacred caves associated with Guru Rinpoche, the founder of Tibetan Buddhism.
* [[Patan]] - next to [[Kathmandu]],
with many attractions.
* [[Shivapuri National Park]] - a Nepalese protected area at the north side the Kathmandu
Hire a taxi
and get around the Kathmandu Valley.
* '''Adithnath Temple''' - Renovated in the 15th Cent., Adithnath is sacred to both Hindus and Buddhists.
* '''[[Boudhanath]]''' - the largest Buddhist Stupa in [[Nepal]].
* '''Chobhar Caves''' - Tectonic Limestone formations measuring some 1250 meters.
* '''Chobhar Gorge''' - Gorge through which all the waters of Kathmandu Lake were drained.
* '''Gorkhanath Caves'''
* '''Pashpatinath''' - the royal cremation ghats.
* '''Swayambhunath''' - the monkey temple in [[Kathmandu]].
*'''Rangjung Yeshe Institute''', [http://www.
shedra. com]. An international institute for Buddhist higher studies in [[Baudha]] - modeled on a traditional Tibetan Buddhist College. The Institute is affiliated with Kathmandu University, and located on the premises of the monastery Ka-Nying [short for "Kagyu and Nyingma"] Shedrup Ling. It offers bachelors and masters degrees in Buddhist Studies with Himalayan Language (Tibetan, Nepali, and Sanskrit), as well as six week stand alone intensive courses in each.
*'''Kopan Monastery''', [http://www.kopanmonastery.com]. Founded by Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa as the core of what has become an international network of Gelugpa dharma centers, the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT). Located near Baudha, Kopan offers ten-day meditation courses regularly throughout the year, and a month-long course (for which it is famous) every November-to-December. Reservations are necessary.
*'''Nepal Vipassana Centers''', [http://www
.np.dhamma.org]. Vipassana Meditation (a popular Buddhist Meditation) as taught by S. N. Goenka.
*'''Osho Tapoban Forest Retreat''', [http://tapoban.com]. Nagarjun Forest (Raniban).
*'''Patanjali Yoga Center''', [http://www.saptayoga.com/]. The first residential school of Yoga in Nepal.
*'''Satyananda Yoga Centre''', [http://faculty.washington.edu/swittet/Satyananda/]. Group and individual courses. Yoga Camps.