Autostrada A12, uscita ''Livorno''; for maps and tolls see: [http://www.autostrade.it/] (no pages in English as per 14 November 2004).
If hoping for maximum time in Florence...
* Take an ''early'' cab (perhaps shared with another couple) from your ship to and from the Livorno train station.
* At the station, ask for a train that goes to the Firenze Santa Maria Novella. Locals will happily help
. For a complete article see [http://www.ftroute.com/liv_fir_liv.htm].
Bus number 1 is a shuttle from train station to the port and vice-versa. Ticket for one hour of travel is 1,00 Euros, daily ticket is 3,20 Euros. For self-reliant cruise passengers, this is part of the most economical way to reach trains to Pisa and Florence
. A map is online [http://www.atl.livorno.it/tiposerv.html].
* Quattro Mori
* Museo Civico Giovanni Fattori [http://www.comune.livorno.it/arte_cultura/]
* Acquario Comunale "D. Cestoni" [http://www.comune.livorno.it/arte_cultura/acquario_comunale/acquario_comunale.htm] (closed: work in progress)
* '''Tuscan islands''' [http://www.islepark.it/]
* Funicolare di Montenero [http://www.funicolarelivorno.it/html/home.htm] one of the few cable railways still in service (another one is in [[Montecatini Terme]] near [[Pistoia]].
'San Giovanni's spa''' [http://www. termelbane.com/ing/home.html]: the San Giovanni Spa, overlooking the Gulf of Portoferraio, stands on an area of 5 hectares of marshland which yields a silt with high therapeutic potential, making this spa establishment the only Thalassotherapy centre in the Western Mediterranean.
==Do== === Spas ===
*'''Venturina's spa''' [http://www.termediventurina.it/terme/terme.html#]: the thermal waters Venturina were known by the Etruscans and Romans, hence the name "Aquae Populoniae. Flow in 45 ° Celsius throughout the year, with constant flow, and are classified as calcium-magnesium-sulphate-bicarbonate-alkalines.
* Cacciucco - fish stew
* Riso Nero - Black
Rise-(Risotto darkened with squid ink)
* Trattoria Sottomarino, Via dei Terrazzini 48/50 - ph. ''+39 0586'' 887025 - Close to Piazza della Repubblica and Fortezza Nuova (Venezia District). Fish cuisine, don't miss the gorgeous ''cacciucco'' - Closed on MO and TU.
in Borgo Cappucino famous for Caccucio and Black Rise