YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
part of South (New Zealand)
* There is no public transport
* '''Horse Riding'''. Dart Stables [http://www.dartstables.com/] and High Country Horses [http://www.high-country-horses.co.nz/] offer guided tours along the Rees and Dart rivers.
* '''Safari'''. Dart River Safaris [http://www.dartriver.co.nz/default.asp] offer various combinations of trips including
* '''Ski'''. Head out to the privately owned ''Invincible Snowfields'' via helicopter and enjoy the small groups as you stay in an alpine hut. ''03'' 442 9933.
* '''Glenorchy Air''', ''03'' 442 2207, [http://www.glenorchy.net.nz]. Fly from Glenorchy to Milford Sound and the glaciers.
Glenorchy is the jumping off point for a number of tracks. Purchase hut tickets from the Department of
Be sure to register with the DOC before leaving on any tramp as this will be your best method of someone noticing that you haven't returned and starting a search.
* '''Backpackers Express /Buckleys,Phone Glenorchynz Info centre 03 4092049 [http://www.glenorchyinfocentre.co.nz]. [email protected] to arrange for transport to any of the below tracks from either Queenstown or Glenorchy.
:* '''[[Routeburn Track]]'''. One of the DOC's ''Great Walks''. 32km through Mount Aspiring and Fiordland National Parks. Not a circuit track, so take this into consideration. However hiking from the Glenorchy end of the track you could link it with the Caples or Greenstone tracks to keep a base out of Glenorchy. The Routeburn takes an average of 3 days, 2 nights to complete. Peak season is late October to late April and bookings are '''required'''. During peak season the huts are supplied with gas cookers, cold running water and some heating. During the off peak season, especially during winter, the track may be impassable.
* '''Glenorchy Hotel'''. Fully licensed restaurant with a stone fireplace and terrace deck.NewZealand cuisine and NZ wines,
* '''Kinloch Lodge'''. Overlooking Lake Wakatipu, Kinloch lodge has a cosy Heritage restaurant and deck ideal for a meal during the day, or as a special treat in the evening. Specialty local foods, platters, hearty specials and an unbeaten ambience.
* '''Glenorchy Hotel'''. Enjoy a beer and a game of pool with the locals.Happy Hour,
* '''Kinloch Lodge'''. Excellent New Zealand wine list.
* '''Glenorchy Hotel 64 3 442 9902, Free phone 0800-453-667 [http://www.glenorchynz.com/]. " the local bar and restaurant". Backpackers from NZ$18 ''(Sleeping bag required)''; Shared facility rooms from NZ$90; Ensuite rooms from NZ$120.00.Track
* Glenorchy Information Centre,Glenorchynz info Centre&Store,
* '''Blanket Bay''', ''64 3''
* '''Breitenbergers Guest House''', ''64 3'' 441 2126, ''64'' 27 650 3322, ''64'' 21 142 122. 5km north of Glenorchy.
* '''Glenroydon Lodge''', ''64 3'' 442 9968, NZ Freephone 0800 453 6769, [http://www.glenroydon.com/]. Ensuite rooms and easy activity bookings.
* '''Kinloch Lodge''', ''64 3'' 442 4900, [http://www.kinlochlodge.co.nz/]. 5 minutes from Glenorchy by boat or 26km drive.
* '''Little Paradise Lodge''', ''64 3'' 442 6196.