'''Puerto Galera''' is a town on the northeastern coast of [[Mindoro|Mindoro Island]], [[Philippines]]. Among travelers it is commonly known as encompassing the region surrounding it. While a small town itself, other adjacent smaller towns, such as [[Sabang (Philippines)|Sabang]] and White Beach, are the primary destinations; however, all are lumped together as Puerto Galera as it hosts the ferry terminal (to Batangas) through which most people arrive.
==Visa==* <listing name="Immigration Office" alt="" address="" directions="in
municipal building, near police office" phone="" email="" fax="" url="" hours=" Mon- Wed, 9am- 4pm" price="">Most visa related issues can be taken care of by Rudi and Nestor from the Calapan Immigrations Office. They hold hours here Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday , Xerox services are available nearby, often required for visa extension applications.</listing>
===By car=== '''Puerto Galera''' is five hours away from Metro Manila . If you're already in [[Manila]], getting there is pretty easy. Having a car is very convenient, all you need to do is drive through '''South Luzon Expressway''' turn right to Star Toll gate and then head to Batangas Pier. From there, you can either park your car and ride a ferry going to Puerto Galera or have your car ride a RoRo(roll on, roll off) ship so you could take your car with you to Puerto Galera.
===By bus=== Puerto Galera is usually easily accessible mostly in the Areas around Manila, most tourists prefer the '' Sikat'' tourist service.
* <listing name="''Sikat'' tourist service" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="(+63)2-5213344" url="" hours="" price="" lat="" long="" email="" fax=""> The Sikat leaves at 0800 daily from the City State Tower Hotel on Mabini Street, [[Ermita]], [[Manila]]. The round trip ticket costs Php1,400 (about US$31) and includes both bus and ferry to either Sabang Beach or Puerto Galera. For the adventurous traveler go to Buendia LRT station in Manila and from there you will see buses and shuttle services going to Batangas pier. It cost around P180 from Buendia to [[Batangas]] pier. And when you get to Batangas pier all you need to do is to ride a ferry boat going to [[Sabang ]] - Puerto Galera. </listing>
Scheduled ferries arrive at Puerto Galera mostly from [[Batangas]] but also from other islands. From there, most people immediately depart for [[Sabang]] (known for SCUBA diving) or White Beach (a stretch of white sand holding small restaurants and bars).
Crossing the waters between Batangas Port and White Beach can be a thrill by itself especially during the meeting of the tides when the sea can be quite rough. However, the boatmen know these waters very well, so there is no need to be hysterical.
*'''Lush Forests''': The forests of Puerto Galera are home to many flora such as orchids, birds and fauna such as orchids and waterfalls.
* <see name="Tamaraw Falls" alt="" address="" directions="15km from Puerto Galera on the road of Calapan" phone=""
email="" fax="" url="" hours="" price="">Tamaraw Falls is just a few minute ride from White Beach by rented van. The water from the Falls collects into a pool under a bridge. It is quite cold and invigorating. A few meters up from the pool, one can enjoy the pounding waters that gush through the boulders. Just a few kilometers down the road is a beautiful beach.</see>
* <see name="Hidden Valley" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="" email="" fax="" url="" hours="" price="">A paradise lost and is off the beaten track, ask your hotel for directions to get to there.</see>
* <see name="Mangyan Village" alt="" address="" directions="" phone=""
email="" fax="" url="" hours="" price="">A group of Nomadic peoples living in the mountains of Mindoro, they're the natives of Mindoro however now the Tagalogs form majority of the population. They have struggled in preserving their culture by avoiding outside and modern wester influences. To see them, a reliable guide is needed. Respect and behavior is a must when visiting them just like how you want people to behave when they visit your home.</see>
* <see name="Alag Riverbank" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="" email="" fax="" url="" hours="" price="">Get to Alag riverbank by jeepney passing scenic views of the mountains by jeepney. This is the best spot to Kayak, depending on how fast the river flows the trip might last for 3-4 hours.</see>
* <see name="Muelle Bay" alt="" address="" directions="" phone=""
email="" fax="" url="" hours="" price="">A beautiful hidden hideout. It has a natural harbor where most ferries and boats dock, the bay is lined by a row of shops, bars and restaurants, enjoy the scenic view of the bay while having lunch or a romantic dinner. Get your cameras ready !</see>
* <see name="Reptile Zoo" alt="" address="" directions="" phone=""
email="" fax="" url="" hours="" price="">Not to be missed by reptile lovers, it has a set of snakes, crocodiles and lizards.</see>
Accredited masseuses can give you massage right on the beach. To prevent hanky-panky, in-room massage, other than in
a especially designated room at the hotel, is prohibited. Aside from Scuba Diving, golf is also another activity, a golf course is available.
=== Diving ===
Most visitors to Puerto Galera are attracted by the excellent [[scuba diving]] provided by the protected marine sanctuary. There are a number of dive shops in the area (estimated at around 35) that provide access to a macro (i.e. small life)
heaven. The dive sites that feature a large variety of small sea life with the occasional shark or turtle. Several sites are drift dives and often turn into (strong) current dives with the best diving (for coral and small life) being at 20m or 60 feet. Almost all of the dive sites are within a 10 minute boat ride of Sabang which allows you to spend your surface interval on the shore and it also allows most shops to offer as many as four dive trips (single tank) each day. Prices for a single dive are around $26~$32
for a single tank dive, including equipment rental, boat and dive guide, with discounts for more dives and if you have your own equipment.
* <do name="Frontier Scuba" alt="" directions="west Sabang Beach" address="" phone="+63 917 540 8410" email="[email protected]
" fax="" url="http://www.frontierscuba.com" hours="" price="">Run by Rick Kirkham, one of the most experienced instructors in the Philippines, this 5-Star Instructor Training Center is one the busiest, smaller dive centers. They offer complete packages with guided diving, transfers, accommodation and meals. The attached restauarant Hemingway's is consistently voted the best restaurant in Puerto Galera. They offer the complete range of recreational dive courses from Discover Scuba (experience a dive),PADI Open Water, PADI Divemaster and SDI Instructor courses. TDI technical diver and instructor courses are offered up to Advanced Wreck and Advanced Trimix. Nitrox, trimix, sodasorb and rebreather tanks are available to rent </do>
* <do name="
Badladz Adventure Divers
Small dive shop
operated by a very
European Instructor couple (German / English). They offer all PADI courses from beginner intro dives right through to Assistant Instructor at very reasonable prices with group discounts
multiple day diving discounts
Also available are snorkelling trips, kayak rental and Beach BBQ's. Tel:
*<do name= "Scuba Scuta" alt= "" address= "Palangan Puerto Galera" directions= "2 mins from Muelle Pier" phone= "+63909205843032" url= "http://www.piratecove.com.ph/pirate_cove_scuba_scuta.html" hours="" price="" lat="" long=""></do>
<do name="Scandinavian Divers" alt="" address="Big La Laguna Beach" directions=" " phone="" url="" hours="" price="25 USD per dive" lat="" long="">Scandinavian Divers. </do >
=== Other activities ===
* <do name="Ponderosa Golf Club" alt="" address="" directions="20 minutes from City proper" phone="" email="" fax="" url="" hours="" price="">Another great thing to do in Puerto is to trek till Ponderaso Golf, from White Beach take the road going to Puerto, walk about 15 mins, then you will see a sign for Ponderosa Golf. The road is uphill and provides a fantastic view of Puerto Galera, after an hour of healthy walking you'll be rewarded with good food at the golf club. Bring plenty water with you and protect yourself from the sun.</do>
* <do name="Stairway Foundation" alt="" address="Barangay Aninuan" directions="" phone="" email="" fax="" url="http://www.stairwayfoundation.org" hours="" price="">International NGO working with street children and victims of child sexual abuse. Visitors can tour the center and learn about the issue of child sexual abuse and how Stairway uses creative expressions in order to raise awareness.</do>
buy name=" ATM machine" alt="" address="" directions=" Allied Bank, on the hill before the pier" phone="" email="" fax ="" url="" hours="" price=""> This is currently the only ATM in town that accepts international ATM cards (Cirrus etc) Max. withdrawal 10, 000 PHP per transaction.</ buy>
Eat== There are many restaurants near Muelle Pier, Puerto Galera, main town.
* <eat name="Le Bistro D'Agathe" alt="" address="Muelle Pier" directions="" phone="" email="" fax="" url="http://www. puertogalera-lebistrodagathe.com " hours="" price="">A French restaurant that also has a bakery for fresh baguettes, croissants and other French pastry.</ eat>
* <eat name="Foodtrip sa Galera" alt="" address="White Beach" directions="" phone="" email="" fax="" url="" hours="" price=""></eat>
Tourists will also find many cheap bungalows to stay on white beach. These cost from 500 pesos to 1500 pesos a night, you can get better rates during week days.
* '''[http://www.aninuanbeach.com/ Aninuan Beach Resort]''' is on the Tropical Island of Oriental Mindoro, fronting the South China Sea. Only 3 1/2 hours by car and ferry boat from Manila International Airport. It is a walking distance from White Beach—the place for young people to go for the nightlife, 10 Km away from the Sabang Beach—another place to visit for the nightlife and its many diving schools, and 15 minutes away from the Puerto Galera port by jeepney or boat. Phone Number: +63920 931 8946 or +63920 931 8924. Price: USD $50.00 * <sleep name=" Tamaraw Beach Resort " alt="" address=" " directions="" phone=" 6392234" url="http://www. tamarawbeachresort.com/ " checkin="" checkout="" price=" Best rates on official website start at Php 800" lat="" long="" puerto="Puerto" oriental="Oriental"> This beach resort in Puerto Galera offers rooms and units fursnished with private toilet and bath, writing desk and chair, and balcony/deck. They also have apartment and studio style units that has a kitchen with complete cooking utensils and refrigerator. They have facilities needed for wind surfing, boating, and snorkeling. They also have a beautifully designed al fresco restaurant so you can enjoy the beautiful sunset while eating your delicious meals.</sleep> *<sleep name="Pirate Cove Beach Resort" alt="" address="Palangan Puerto Galera" directions="Free Transfers from Muelle Pier" phone="+639205843032" url="www.piratecove.com.ph" checkin="" checkout="" price="" lat="" long="">Situated in a tranquil bay on crystal-clear waters, only minutes away from the Muelle Pier in Puerto Galera, Pirate Cove is truly a tropical paradise in the Heart of the Philippines. At Pirate Cove you will be immersed in the stunning local scenery as we have 8 ocean facing bungalows, surrounded by lush tropical plants and greenery, and a bar and restaurant, featuring local and international wines and cuisine, only feet from the water's edge.
The island of Mindoro is surrounded by some of the most bio-diverse waters in the world, and diving enthusiasts will be truly amazed at the number of world class dive sites only minutes away.
Scuba divers can make use of our well equipped and profesionally run dive school to be taken on underwater tours of the many stunning dive sites.
We are also the only resort offering guests the opportunity to try out the incredible Scuba Scuta !</sleep>*<sleep name="Blue Crystal Beach Resort" alt="" address="Palangan" directions="10 minutes from Muelle Pier, Puerto Galera" phone="+6343-287-3144" url="www.bluecrystalbeachresort.com" checkin="02: 00 PM" checkout="12:00 Noon" price=" " lat="" long="">Blue Crystal Beach Resort is located in Palangan, Puerto Galera and offers luxurious accommodation to very reasonable price: PHP 995.00 per person per night for double occupancy and PHP 895.00 per person per night for multiple occupancy . Fully ai-conditioned rooms and Suites face our private beach are equipped with bath and shower, cable TV, mini-bar and refrigerator, private terrace, and WIFI internet. The resort has scuba diving center, swimming pool and offers a wide range of day trips by boat and jeepney. The coral garden directly is probably one of the most unique snorkeling sites in the Philippines.</sleep> *<sleep name="Lan-Sei Water Resort" alt="" address="White Beach" directions="" phone="63-922-8LANSEI or 63-917-5301192 " url="www.lanseiwater.com" checkin="" checkout="" price="" lat="" long="">The Lan-Séi Water Resort is the perfect destination for a fabulous Puerto Galera vacation. Nestled in a pristine setting distant from the hassles and noise of nightlife yet accessible to all diverse spots and rich resources of Puerto Galera, this resort is a perfect getaway for family and friends. With unmatched style, decor, superb hospitality, and best amenities, Lan-Séi Water Resort is a very special place to visit for a truly remarkable experience. You will see the difference!</sleep>
*<sleep name="Franklyn Beach Resort" address="Palangan
, Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro 5203, Philippines" phone="+ 632 522-3738 / +63 43 287-3182" url="http://www.franklynresort.com" price="Rates start at PHP 1,170"> Franklyn Beach Resort in Puerto Galera, Mindoro can be found nestled atop a hill overlooking the sea. The stunning sea view is arguably the rooms’ best feature, but the amenities also provide a certain amount of comfort. Each accommodation in our Puerto Galera, Mindoro resort has Internet access, a ceiling fan, and toilet and shower with hot and cold water. </sleep>
*<sleep name="Buri Resort & Spa" alt="" address="Cove Area
Puerto Galera" directions="" phone="8120722" url="www.buri-resort.com " checkin="" checkout="" price="USD140+" lat="" long=""> Nestled in the Batangas Channel inside Puerto Galera Bay, which was recently named one of the Most Beautiful Bays in the world by the Paris-based Club des Plus Belles Baies du Monde, Buri Resort & Spa has undergone a dramatic transformation since it first opened in 2001 with five simple cottages and now boasts 12 luxury villas ideal for romantic getaways or family get-togethers.</sleep>
* <sleep name="White Beach Resort, Bar and Restaurant" address="White Beach, Puerto Galera, San Isidro, Oriental Mindoro, Philippines " phone="09178258643, 09228358643" url="http://www.whitebeachresort-puertogalera.com" price="Best rates on official website start at Php 1,110.00">In the tropical paradise that is Puerto Galera lies White Beach Resort, Bar and Restaurant – a modest beachfront retreat that is big in comfort, but easy on the pocket. Why look for frills when the necessities are already at hand? This Puerto Galera accommodation comes with air-conditioning, a toilet and shower, and dining area. In the morning, see the sunshine spill from the skylight through your room's balcony.</sleep>
* <sleep name="
" price="Rates start at PHP 1,
Our lodge along White Beach in Puerto Galera lies less than 100 m from the shore, just minutes away from the pristine waters of Oriental Mindoro. Our Puerto Galera
offers relaxing spaces for the traveler on
When you need some time
out from all
beach activities, our 14 guestrooms give you quiet comfort, allowing you to recharge for another great escapade. White Beach, San Isidro, Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro, Philippines
* <sleep name="Manalo′s Guesthouse" phone="09176096072 and 09176674077" url="http://www.manaloguesthouse.com" price="Rates start at PHP 1000">
The location of Manalo’s Guesthouse in Puerto Galera, Philippines is just a five-minute walk from the famous White Beach. Your accommodation at Manalo’s Guesthouse in Puerto Galera features all the essentials for a pleasant stay. Each room is air-conditioned and fitted with a living room/ lounge area, kitchenette, and private toilet and shower . White Beach, San Isidro, Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro, Philippines.</sleep>
* <sleep name="
Blue Water Lodge
(02) 514 88 38
" price="Rates start at PHP 1,
The true value of vacations
fun experiences you have. And you're guaranteed just that at Puerto Galera's Blue Water Lodge without having to spend a fortune. Blue Water Lodge is located in Puerto Galera, approximately 60 m from
. Each accommodation
fitted with cable TV
bath with hot & cold shower
have one Queen
, while the Deluxe Rooms have two
. White Beach
, Puerto Galera
, Philippines . </sleep>
* <sleep name="
Medelaine’s Place" alt="
+63 043 287 3602
" checkin="" checkout="
050" lat="" long="" email="[email protected]
Myra and Medelaine’s Place
located right along the famous
is conveniently near many attractions and dive spots,
host of conveniences. The Resort
and variety. You can choose among nine guestrooms: Standard
De Luxe, and Family Rooms
Some rooms feature a queen
size bed instead of
single or twin bed
all rates includes daily breakfast
San Isidro, Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro, Philippines
. </sleep>*<sleep name="Badladz Adventure Resort" alt="
" address="Muelle Pier
, Puerto Galera
" directions="Right at Muelle Pier" phone="+63 919-577-2823" url="http://badladz.com" checkin="" checkout="" price="Rates start at P990" lat="" long="">Badladz Adventure Resort is located at the
end of the main tourist pier. It is only 6 km from both Sabang and White Beach. This makes it a nice alternative to the crowds at both these locations.
Each room comes with A/C, Hot Water, cable TV and a spectacular view over the yachts at Puerto Galera Bay. There's free WiFi.
A diveshop is part of the resort.</sleep>
Tanawin Bay Villas" alt=" Tanawin Bay Resort" address=" Palangan, Puerto Galera" directions="" phone=" (63 )926-758-3215" url="http://www. tanawinbayvillas.com/" checkin="" checkout="" price="" lat="" long=""> The name says it all. Tanawin Bay Villas is a Triple A De Luxe Resort accredited by Department of Tourism and is considered one of the best honeymoon resorts in the Philippines. Choose to do nothing or enjoy all that the resort has to offer : pristine beach, naturally fresh air, swaying trees on top of a hill, water sports, fine dining and entertainment. Tanawin Bay is the perfect escape from the busy metropolitan life.</sleep>
Jeepney to Calapan (1,
5h, 70P) leaves from the end of the main road several times daily. From Calapan you can take a minivan (3h, 180P) to Roxas .
Jeepney/Tricycle to Balatero where a boat, M/S Carribean, leaves daily at 10am for Abras de Llog, 180php one-way, 10php terminal fee. Easy entry into Mindoro Occidental. An easier and cheaper option compared to chartering your own pumpboat or going to Abras via Batangas.