YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
updated listing Silver Moon Brewing
* '''Redmond Airport''' [http://www.ci.redmond.or.us/Departments/Airport/] is about 15 minutes from Bend and served by four air carriers; Allegiant Airlines,Delta Airlines, Horizon Air, and United Express with daily direct flights to [[Portland (Oregon)|Portland]], [[San Francisco]], [[Salt Lake City]]
To fully enjoy the city of Bend, your best mode of transportation is the
* '''High Desert Museum''', [http://www.highdesertmuseum.org]. The High Desert Museum is Located just south of Bend on Highway 97. The High Desert Museum is a great way to gain educational experience about some of the animals and habitat that go along with Central Oregon. The High Desert Museum is open on weekdays from 9AM-5PM.
* '''Historic Tower Theatre'''
* '''Smith Rock''' Smith Rock State Park encompasses 651 acres on the Oregon high desert plateau which hovers around 3000 feet in elevation. The park and campground are open year-round. A $
* ''' Deschutes River''' The Deschutes features ruggedly beautiful scenery, outstanding whitewater boating, and a renowned sport fishery for steelhead, brown trout, and native rainbow trout. The Upper Deschutes features primarily flatwater boating with limited whitewater and excellent trout fishing opportunities. The Middle Deschutes has excellent hiking opportunities with spectacular geologic formations and waterfalls, but boating is limited. The Lower Deschutes offers the greatest opportunities for whitewater rafting and is one of Oregon's premier steelhead and trout fisheries
* '''Newberry National Volcanic Monument''' [http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/centraloregon/newberrynvm/index.shtml] South of Bend, See lava flows, explore lava caves and ice caves, fishing for trophy rainbow and brown trout in the two alpine lakes at the Newberry caldera (East Lake & Paulina Lake) and explore the massive Obsidian Flow. There are hiking trails, camping and resorts. Also snow parks, winter cross-country skiing and snowmobiling. Visit the Lava Lands Visitor Center for information.
* '''Mt. Bachelor''' [http://www.mtbachelor.com] Bachelor is Central Oregon's best Ski/Snowboard mountain. It was home to the Olympic snowboard trials years back as well. When the summit is open (depending on weather) it is some of the best skiing you will find in Oregon. The northwest territory is also great with lots of black diamond runs. It's probably not a bad idea to take some 2-way radios for the other members of your party. The mountain is quite big and keeping track of everyone is sometimes difficult.
* '''Whitewater rafting''' Bend offers some great Whitewater rafting on the Deschutes River
* '''Pine Mountain Observatory''', [http://pmo-sun.uoregon.edu]. Great place to go see the stars. Camping available.
* '''Go Fishing''' Bend is situated in the Heart of the Cascades, and due to this location Bend is surrounded by numerous Cascade lakes and the well known Deschutes River. Some of the Cascade lakes hold monster trout exceeding 10 lbs, Crane Praire is one of these lakes, and it is south of Bend near Sun River. The avid fisherman can experience almost everything when fishing around Bend. The lakes hold a variety of species of fish from Trout, Kokanee, Atlantic Salmon, Bass and other fish. While the famous Deshcutes holds an abundance of fish. The Deschutes flows right through the city of Bend. Some of the better fishing can actually be right in front of the Riverhouse right on the Deschutes off of 3rd St. If getting away from the crowds is what you like the Deschutes offers miles and miles of peaceful fishing spots
* '''Les Schwab Amphitheater''' [http://www.lsabend.com] In the summer time Bend offers many Sunday concerts that are performed at the Les Schwab Amphitheater. In the past artists such as Cold Play, Keith Urban, Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top and Jack Johnson have performed there. This summer Ben Harper will be performing at the Les Schwab Amphitheater.
There are numerous shopping opportunities in Bend. Downtown Bend has all different kinds of shops from outdoor gear to clothes. Secondly, the Old Mill District [http://www.theoldmill.com] has great shops including REI, Pac Sun, Victoria’s Secret, American Eagle, Gap and other great stores. Also, a few good restaurants including Anthony's and Red Robin.
Bend has a great selection of restaurants located all over town. Ranging from cheap and easy to expensive and ritzy, you are guaranteed to get a great meal almost anywhere you go.
*'''The Original Pancake House''' [http://www.originalpancakehouse.com] Located on the West Side of Bend on the way up to Mt. Bachelor, the Pancake House has excellent food and great service.
*'''Deschutes Brewery''' [http://www.deschutesbrewery.com] Known for its world renowned dark brews, the Deschutes Brewery offers excellent burgers and sandwiches (and the best hot wings in town) with a great atmosphere in the heart of downtown Bend visitors really shouldn't leave town without experiencing.
*'''Longboard Louie's''' is a great burrito shack on the westside of Bend that offers great food at prices college kids can afford. Louie's has all of the character of the locals and it is located just a couple hundred yards from Drake Park and the Deschutes River running through Bend.
*'''Pizza Mondo''', located on Main St. in downtown Bend, has great pizza at cheap prices and large quantities. With great lunchtime deals and is a great place to hit up after a day on the slopes.
*'''Cibelli's New York Pizza''' Two locations in Bend (East & West). Eastside - 2095 NE Highway 20, ''+1 541'' 385-8646. Westside - 64670 Strickler Ave # 101B, ''+1 541'' 318-2800. This is very good New York Pizza. They also have a 24" pizza that is huge. No delivery.
*'''SOBA - Downtown''', 945 NW Bond St., ''+1 541'' 318-1535. [http://www.eatsoba.com] A blend of Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese and Japanese. The Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup is very good. Under $7. (Also locations in South Bend across from Albertsons, Sisters and Salem.)
* '''Super Burrito''', Not the fanciest place in Bend, but arguably the best Mexican food. It is on Minnesota and is easily the best taqueria around.
*'''Toomies Thai Cuisine''', 119 NW Minnesota Ave., Tel: ''+1 541'' 388-5590. Very reasonable priced Thai food with a good selection. Lunch under $6, dinner $6 to $18.
*'''Mangia Pasta''' Mangia Pasta is also located on Bend's eastside. This quaint, romantic restaurant has great pasta and Italian food that is perfect for a dinner-date at affordable prices.
*'''Broken Top Restaurant''' Broken Top's famous golf course also has a great restaurant with excellent food. Although its meals are on the pricey side, every meal is definitely worth its price. Located on Bend's westide.
*'''Anthony's Homeporter''' is in Bend's newly (and continually) developed Old Mill district, it is a chain that is
*'''Goodies Candy Shop''' Goodies is a delightful little candy shop in downtown Bend that offers an array of different sorts of chocolates, candies, milkshakes, ice creams, and popcorn that is perfect for topping off a great meal.
*'''Staccato at the Firehall''', 5 NW Minnesota, ''+1 541'' 312-3100, Fax: ''+1 541'' 312-3191. [http://www.staccatosfirehall.com] This fine dining restaurant is in the old firehouse in Bend. During good weather the big truck door open onto the patio. The original fire pole is behind the bar.
*'''Zydeco Kitchen & Cocktails''', 919 Bond, ''+1 541'' 312-2899. Award winning restaurant. Try the Acadian Flatbread from the starter list. Good wine list and full service bar.
*'''Pilot Butte''' Located along Greenwood Avenue, this restaurant has some of the best burgers in Bend! It is the home of the Pilot Butte Burger (one of them is enough to feed about 3 people) and is open only for lunch seven days a week.
*<eat name="Flatbread Community Oven" alt="" address="375 SW Powerhouse Drive #130" directions="The Old Mill District near Orvis" phone="541-728-0600" url="www.flatbreadpizza.com" hours="11:00" price="8-14" lat="" long="">Voted Best Pizza in Bend by Gusto magazine 2009. Oregon's only VPN certified Neapolitan Pizzeria & Wine Bar. Located at the Old Mill right on the Deschutes River.
*The '''Bend Brewery''' [http://www.bendbrewingco.com] is another great place to grab a drink. Not only is it a pub but a well known restaurant that over looks Mirror Pond in Bend.
*<drink name="El Rodeo" alt="" address="3rd St" directions="South of Wilson on the west side of 3rd St." phone="" url="" hours="" price="6-16" lat="" long="">Friendly Staff, Family friendly, consistently fast meal preparation & a local favorite. </drink>
*<drink name="10 Below" alt="" address="10 NW Minnesota Avenue STE 120" directions="" phone="541.382.1010" url="http://www.oxfordhotelbend.com/the-kitchen.htm" hours="" price=""
*'''Eagle Crest Resort''', [http://www.eagle-crest.com]. Located between Bend and Redmond, Eagle Crest is known for its three golf courses and wonderful mountain views. The resort has a number of different amenities including, two recreation facilities including racquetball courts, basketball courts, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, weight and cardio center, three pools, two hot tubs (with adult hours only) indoor game room, day spa, café, a mini golf course-that will challenge even the most experienced golfers and a
* '''The Inn of the Seventh Mountain''', [http://www.seventhmountain.com]. Great resort located just 15 minutes from ski resort Mt. Bachelor. The resort has two swimming pools, one complete with waterslide and volleyball net. The pool area is accompanied by large hot tubs, a sauna, and dressing rooms. The Inn has lots of activities including white water rafting, hay rides, mountain biking, shuttles to the mountain, ice skating, and lots more.
*'''Phoenix Inn Suites''' [http://www.phoenixinns.com/hotels/bend/index.htm] - 300 NW Franklin Ave, Tel: (541) 317-9292 -- All suite accommodations with complimentary breakfast buffet, high speed Internet, and 24 hr. business center
*[[Crater Lake National Park]]