'''Old Town''' is the downtown area of the city, centered around the cross-streets of College Avenue and Mountain Avenue. It is the historical beginnings of the town. It is because of this that the downtown area has a vast variety of older buildings, and historical monuments. Those seeking to visit architecture from the early twentieth century should come to Fort Collins for the prime examples located there. The Colorado State University campus is right in the middle of the city, extending from Prospect Street on the South to Laurel Street on the north, and from Shields street on the west to College Avenue on the East. The university also has several other smaller campuses throughout the city.
*''' Allegiant Air''' [http://www.allegiantair.com/] flies direct from [[Las Vegas]], [[Nevada]] to the '''Fort Collins/Loveland Airport''' [http://www.fortloveair.com/], located roughly 7 miles south of town, on passenger jets seating roughly 80 passengers.
Private aviators can also fly into Fort Collins/Loveland Airport.
*'''[[Denver]] International Airport''', [http://www.flydenver.com/] is the closest major commercial airport; a shuttle service to Fort Collins is available from Shamrock Airport Express [http://www.rideshamrock.com/rs_ax.php] or Super Shuttle [http://www.supershuttle.com/].
Public Transit is provided by [http://www.ci.fort-collins.co.us/transfort/
Transfort]. Most routes have service every half hour, with service ending about 7: 00 PM. "FoxTrot" service between Fort Collins and [[Loveland_(Colorado)|Loveland]] is offered every hour before 7 PM .
*'''Historic Old Town Fort Collins''' includes many shops and restaurants and an outdoor mall among historic buildings. Old Town is centered just east of College Avenue and between Mountain Avenue and Walnut Street. Parking on the street in Old Town can be difficult, but there are two city parking structures which offer parking for a quarter an hour. Enjoy a locally brewed beer
, or lager while walking around Old Town Square, and enjoy local music at The Aggie.
*'''Budweiser Events Center''' at The Ranch features national acts and sports events. Several semi-professional sports teams call this center home including the Colorado Eagles (hockey), Colorado Chill (basketball), and the Colorado
Venom (arena football).
*'''Breweries''' - Fort Collins features 5 local award-winning breweries plus an Anheuser Busch outpost (complete with Clydesdales). Visit New Belgium Brewing, Odell Brewing Company, Fort Collins Brewery, CooperSmith's Pub and Brewery, Big Horn Brewing, or Anheuser Busch any day of the week but Sunday.
*'''Colorado State University''' [http://www.colostate.edu] - Internationally recognized faculty and a top-ranked University with a freshman to sophomore retention rate of 82%. Offers over 150 degree programs of study in 8 Colleges: College of Agricultural Sciences, College of Applied Human Sciences, College of Business, College of Engineering, College of Liberal Arts, Warner College of Natural Resources, College of Natural Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences. Ranked in the Top Tier of public and private doctoral universities in the U.S. News and World Report rankings of America's Best Colleges and Universities.
*'''Bike Parks and Trails''' There is an extensive set of biking/walking trails around town. An adventurous mountain biker can do a loop. There is a paved trail along the Poudre River from Bellvue through Fort Collins to CSU's Environmental Learning Center. There is another paved trail along Spring Creek that goes from the intersection with the Poudre upstream to Spring Canyon Park which also has a '''trials bike course'''. There is also a '''motocross bike course''' along the way at Epic Park. From Spring Canyon Park north back towards Bellvue is an extensive collection of mountain bike trails going up and down the hogback that forms the eastern side of Horsetooth Reservoir. The most '''extensive bike park''' is at Lory State Park on the northwest side of Horsetooth Reservoir. They have a practice course with small jumps and teeter-totter, a large pump track, four different jump runs of varying difficulty and a wooden trials track with three different paths and a double teeter-totter.
*<do name="Mountain Whitewater Descents" alt="" address="1329 N. Hwy. 287; Ft. Collins, CO 80524" directions="" phone="1-888-855-8874" url="www.raftmwd.com/" hours="" price="" lat="" long="">Take a whitewater rafting vacation today. We offer rafting adventures on the Cache La Poudre River near Estes Park Colorado. Come see what river rafting in Colorado is all about. We will be running trips through August 30th - so give us a call and we can book you a trip. Mountain Whitewater Descents is proud to have a special use permit from the Roosevelt National Forest. The guidelines keep river use low so that the Poudre delivers an exceptional wilderness rafting experience. Check out the Poudre page to find out how special Colorado's only "Wild and Scenic" river really is. Coloradoans consider it the best canyon and river in Colorado. Come rafting and you'll agree.</do>
*<do name="A1 Wildwater" alt="" address="2801 N. Shields St" directions="NW corner of Sheilds and Hwy 287, about 3 miles N of old town Fort Collins" phone="800 369 4165" email="[email protected]
www.A1wildwater.com" hours="8AM-7PM" price="" lat="" long="">Northern Colorado's oldest outfitter. Free wetsuit use along with paddle jackets. Mild to wild rafting trips with beginner to advanced whitewater. New store built in 2009. Lots of parking, clean new restrooms, picnic areas, game areas, food, retail store, photo area and guides available. Safety kayakers follow along on many of the high water season trips. Wild & Scenic half day trip, family half day trip and full day trip offered. There is a store at the NW corner of Shields St and Hwy 287 (College Ave).</do>
*'''Tula''' [http://www.shoptula.com] offers contemporary women's clothing.
*'''Passion for the Planet Eco-Boutique''' [http://www.passionfortheplanet.net] This new eco-friendly store in Fort Collins offers organic clothing, organic chocolate, and sustainable romantic gifts.
<buy name="." alt="" address="." directions="" phone="" url="~~~~" hours="8am-7pm" price="" lat="" long="">The extremely long list below needs to be sorted into category by price. If you are familiar with any of these restaurants, please move them into the appropriate price category below.</buy>
Fort Collins is
often said to contain more places to eat per person than anywhere else in the country.
* '''3 Margaritas'''. Mexican. (Chain, $8 per person, South)
* '''The Alley Cat Café'''. Coffee house. Excellent coffee and chai. Open 24 hours.
* ''' Austin's''', [http://www.austinsamericangrill.com/home.htm]. American. A grill owned by the same owners as The Moot House (see below), American cuisine, excellent roasted chicken ($12 per person, South and Old Town)
* ''' Avogadro's Number''', [http://www.avogadros.com/]. American. Try the tempeh burger. (Local, near CSU)
* ''' Babette's Feast''', 1514 E Harmony Rd, (970)223-0172, [http://www.babettesfeastcatering.com/]. French bistro and bakery. Closes at 6PM, M-F. (Local, South)*''' Beau Jo's Pizza''', Old Town, [http://www.beaujos.com/]. Pizza, calzones, pasta. Daily lunch buffet. *''' Bean Cycle''', Old Town. An excellent coffee shop and independent bookstore. They roast their own organic, fair trade coffee. Wifi. * '''Big City Burrito'''. A hole in the wall that makes fantastic burritos to order. Avoid lunch on Wednesdays as Intel, HP, and AMD employees partake in their weekly burrito ritual (Local, $6 per person, Old Town)
* ''' Bisetti's''', [http://www.bisettis.com/]. Italian. A great local Italian place. (Local, $13 per person, Old Town)
* '''The Breakfast Club''' [http://www.coloradoan.com/news/coloradoanpublishing/restaurants/profiles/breakfastclub.html]. Breakfast/Lunch. A really tasty breakfast food eatery, with friendly "homey" atmosphere. Highly recommended: Breakfast burrito. ($3.89-$7.89, 223-7193).* ''' C.B. & Potts''', [http://www.cbpotts.com] Bar and pub food. Highly recommend. (Local chain, $ 8 per person, West)* ''' Cafe Bluebird''', [http://www.cafebluebird.com/]. Lunch and breakfast, breakfast-for-lunch. * ''' Cafe Mexicali''', [http://www.cafemexicali.com/]. Newish place. Really awesome Mexican food for less than most places (<$7). 25% off everything for all students, just ask. Also, 1$ Corona and other good beers. Fresh tortillas, key lime pie. * '''Casa de los Amigos'''. Mexican. Offers great Mexican food for a great price, with a large selection, and great bar.(North of the Foothills Mall.) * '''Charco Broiler'''. American. Another pillar of Fort Collins restaurant, a good family-style steak house. (Local, $10 per person, North East) * '''China Wok''', [http://www.arbiterworks.com/chinawok/] 1514 E Harmony Rd, (970) 223-8867 Typical fast food Chinese. Inexpensive. (Local, $5 per person, South)
* ''' Coopersmith's''', [http://www.coopersmithspub.com/]. Pub food and local brewery, also has a pool hall. (Local, $9 per person, Old Town)
* '''Cozzola's Pizza'''. Fantastic non-traditional pizza. (Local Chain, $7 per person, South and Old Town)
* '''Domenic's'''. [http://www.domenicsrestaurant.com/] Metro Bistro & wine bar serving Mediterranean fusion food.
* ''' Enzio's''', [http://www.enzios.com/]. Italian, from the owners of Austin's and the Moot House.
* '''Farmer's Table'''. [http://www.farmerstablerestaurant.com/index.html] Breakfast and lunch, breakfast served all day. Great food, large portions. $8 per person.
* '''Fiona's Sandwich Shop'''. [http://www.fionasdeli.com/] Excellent sandwiches and soups, bakery.
* ''' Fish''', [http://www.fishmkt.com/]. Freshest fish in Fort Collins with shipments flown in daily. (Local, Old Town)
* '''Hu Hot'''. Mongolian BBQ. Lunch and dinner buffet available. (Chain, $10 per person, Old Town)
* '''Hunan Chinese Restaurant''', [http://homepage.mac.com/noiliang/hunan/]. Chinese. Excellent Kung Pao Chicken, eggrolls and egg drop soup. Take out available. ($10-$15 per person, with lunch specials, south)
* '''Jade Garden'''. Chinese. (Local, $8 per person, mid-town)
Jeff's'''. A classic eatery where you will find a large variety of cleverly named PBJ sandwiches served by young business-minded female college students. Jeff's place attempts to combine classic American dining with a new wave modern clothing-optional atmosphere. ( Local, personal delivery services and drive through, old-town) * '''Little Saigon Cafe'''. Vietnamese. (Local, $7 per person, mid-town located in The Square) * '''Los Tarascos'''. Mexican. Very good, authentic Mexican food. (Local, $7 per person , mid-town)
* '''Lucile's'''. Cajun breakfast and lunch. Incredibly popular, expect to wait half an hour on the weekends. (Local, $8 per person, mid-town)
* '''Mama Roni's Pizza'''. Specialty pizzas and paninis.(Local, delivery and carry out, mid-town)
* '''Mancino's'''. Grinder sandwiches and pizza. (Local, $7 per person, East)
* '''Mikey's Tavern'''. A pretty good atmosphere with free drinks for minors.
* '''Moot House'''. A local English-style restaurant, English/American cuisine and salad bar. (Local, $16 per person, mid-town)
* '''Mount Everest Cafe'''. Nepalese (Buffet) Sherpa own restaurant with Mt. Everest theme.
* '''Mount Fuji'''. Japanese (Local, $10 per person, $25 per person for sushi, South) Widest variety of sushi in town, often including delicious specials. Definitely eat their banana desert!
* '''Noodles & Company'''. A fast lunch of salads and a wide variety of noodle dishes. (Chain, $7 per person, South)
* '''Nyala'''. Authentic Ethiopian food and excellent coffee. (Local, $15 per person, mid-town)
* '''Olde Tymes'''. Pizza, Chicken, and Ribs! Locally owned and operated, Olde Tymes has some of the best down home cooking in town.
* '''Panino's'''. [http://www.paninos.com/index.htm] Specializes in panino sandwiches, but salads, pasta, and pizza are all available. $7-10 per person. Located at Center Ave. and W. Prospect Rd., it can be crowded at lunchtime, but it is worth the wait. $1 microbrew pints Monday and Tuesday.
* '''Pho Duy'''. Pho restaurant. (Local, $7 per person, mid-town)
* '''Pizza Casbah'''. Pizza. A hole in the wall, pizza by the slice but each piece is as big as your head. (Local, $4 per person, mid-town)
* '''Positano's Pizzeria'''. Pizza and sandwiches. (Local, $8 per person, South)
* ''' Pulcinella Pizzeria''', [http://www.pulcinellaristorante.com/pizzerias.html]. Pizza (multiple locations). Get a true Italian slice here. Try Lorenzo's in Loveland (10 mi south of Ft. Fun) for a New York style slice.
* '''Quizno's Subs'''. Tasty, toasted subs, with a variety of soups and salads. (Large chain started in Denver, $7 per person, South, Old Town, and West locations)
* '''Rainbow Restaurant'''. 212 W Laurel, (970) 221-2664. Breakfast and lunch. Specializes in vegetarian cuisine, but meat substitutions available.
* '''Rasta Pasta'''. Creative Pastas with a Caribbean Flair. (local,$4-10 per person, Old Town)
*'''The Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant.''' Famous and wildly popular for margaritas. Get there early (143 W. Mountain Avenue, Old Town)
* '''Silver Grill'''. A great breakfast and lunch restaurant, a pillar of Fort Collins. (Local, $10 per person, Old Town)
* '''Silver Mine Subs'''. Sub sandwiches. (Local Chain, $6 per person, South, mid-town, West, and North-East locations)
* '''South China'''. Chinese Food. Particularly known for their Hot and Sour soup, Sesame Chicken and Hunan Chicken. (Local, $10 per person, South)
*'''Spicy Pickle''', [http://www.spicypickle.com/index.html]. Subs, salads, soup and paninis. (Old Town)
* '''Spoons''', [http://www.espoons.com/]. Soup and salad. (Local Chain, $7 per person, West and Old Town)
* '''SportsCaster Bar & Grill''', [http://www.Sportscasterbar.com/]. Pizza,Calzones, Burgers, Sandwiches, Steaks, Burritos, an more.Large Banquet room and patio as well as a game room.
* '''Sri Thai'''. 950 S Taft Hill Rd, (970) 482-5115, Thai food. Nice atmosphere, tasty food. Vegan options available.
* '''Suehiro Japanese Restaurant''', 223 Linden St., Suite 103, (970)482-3734. (Local, Old Town)
* '''Sushi by Kevin'''. Japanese. Sushi in a non-traditional style, prepared by an ex-French chef. (Local, $20 per person, mid-town)
* '''Taj Mahal'''. Indian. A fine lunch buffet, and normal order from the menu for dinner. (Local, $8 per person, Old Town)
* '''Taqueria Los Comales'''. Authentic Mexican. (Local, near CSU)
* '''Teriyaki Wok'''. (Local chain, $6 per person, West and mid-town)
* '''Thai Pepper'''. Thai. Outdoor seating in warm weather. (Local, near CSU)
* ''' The Egg & I''', [http://www.theeggandirestaurants.com/]. Breakfast/lunch. (Chain)
* ''' The Armadillo''', [http://www.armadillobordergrill.com/]. Mexican. * ''' The Rio Grande''', [http://riograndemexican.com/]. Mexican. Known for their margaritas; beautiful patio in the summer. (Local, $7 per person, Old Town)* ''' Tortilla Marissa''', [http://www.tortillamarissa.com/]. Mexican . * '''Toy's Thai Cafe''', 128 W Laurel St # B (970) 224-1512. Excellent, authentic Thai food. Inexpensive. Daily lunch buffet $7. * ''' Walrus Ice Cream''', [http://www.walrusicecream.com/]. Fantastic local ice cream. (Local, $3 per person, Old Town) * '''Wok & Roll''' Healthy Japanese takeout (2 locations). Mostly stir-fries over white or brown rice, or rice noodles. Chicken, beef, shrimp, and vegetarian dishes available. Some (cooked) sushi rolls available.
* '''Woody's Woodfired Pizza''', 518 W. Laurel St., (970)482-7100. All-you-can eat pizza bar. (North side of CSU)
* '''Young's Cafe''', 3307 S. College Ave.,(970)223-8000. Vietnamese. (Local, $10 per person, mid-town across from the Foothills Fashion Mall)
* '''Yum Yums''', W. Elizabeth Street, 1 block West of CSU. Excellent Lebanese and Mediterranean food, good vegetarian selections. Outstanding Gyros and rice. A small, family-owned restaurant, with very reasonable prices.
*<eat name="Pizzeria La Collina" alt="" address="130 D W. Olive St." directions="NE corner of Mason and Olive downtown Fort Collins Colorado" phone="970-493-4574" url="www.pizzerialacollina.com" hours="open 7days a week" price="$2/slice $8or more/pizza" lat="" long="">Italian Style pizzeria(Pizza maker trained in Italy for over 10 years),Delicious Pizza Made With Tasty Fresh Ingredients. Pizza-Pasta-Sandwiches-Salads.
*<eat name= "B & B's Pickle Barrel" alt= "" address= "221 E. Laurel St. " directions="From I-25 take Mulberry west to College Ave. Go south on College to Laurel. turn west on Laurel and go Half a block. It is on the right. " phone = "970-484-0235" url= "" hours= "" price= "" lat="" long="">The "Barrel" is a local Ft. Collins icon and is often the first stop for returning students and alumni. Located across from Colorado State University, this traditional east coast deli has has a family friendly atmosphere during the day and a quaint bar scene at night the deli is open from 9 am to 8 pm and the bar stays open until midnight. </eat>
eat name=" Mugs Coffee Lounge" alt=" Mugs" address=" 261 S. College" directions="" phone=" 970-472-Mugs" url=" mugscoffeelounge.com" hours=" 6am-Late" price="" lat="" long=""> Local, Organic, Great Community and an awesome menu to go along with great Coffee and coffee drinks.</ eat>
* '''Cambria Suites'''. [http://www.cambriasuites.com/hotel-fort_collins-colorado-CO214] Only minutes away from Colorado State University.
* <sleep name="Comfort Inn & Suites - Hotels Fort Collins, Co" alt="" address="601 Sw Frontage Rd" directions="" phone="9704070100" url="http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-fort_collins-colorado-CO109" checkin="15:00" checkout="11:00" price="$65-159" lat="" long=""> Free wifi, Complimentary breakfast, and heated pool and hot tub
*<sleep name="Courtyard Fort Collins" alt="" address="1200 Oakridge Drive" directions="" phone="9702821700" url="" checkin="" checkout="" price="" lat="" long="">Indoor pool. Provides free shuttle service to nearby businesses M-F. </sleep>
*<sleep name="Fort Collins Marriott" alt="" address="350 East Horsetooth Rd" directions="" phone="970-226-5200" url="http://www.marriott.com/ftcco" checkin="
4:00pm" checkout=" 12:00pm" price="" lat="" long="">The Fort Collins Marriott has 229 newly renovated guest rooms and 16,154 sq. ft. of meeting space equipped with high speed internet access and wireless capabilities.</sleep>
* '''Hilton Fort Collins Hotel''', [http://www.hiltonfortcollins.com]. Near student housing and the railroad.
*<sleep name="Quality Inn & Suites" alt="" address="4001 South Mason St" directions="" phone="970-282-9047, Email: [email protected]
" url="http://www.ftcollinsquality.com" checkin="" checkout="" price="" lat="" long="">All suites.</sleep>
The local ISP Front Range Internet, Inc. (FRII) has introduced a Wireless Mesh which includes most of Old Town. Users may have an unlimited number of 30-minute sessions each day, with a few ads in between sessions.
Rocky Mountain Bagel Works, 1111 W. Elizabeth St . Free computers and Free WiFi.* Mugs Coffee Lounge, [http://www.mugscoffeelounge.com] has two locations. The shops at College & Olive are open M-Su 6AM-1AM; wireless is also accessible from outdoor tables. Timberline between Harmony & Horsetooth (on E side of Timberline N of Caribou), M-Th 6am- 10pm, Fr-Su 6am- 6pm. The Timberline location has extremely uncomfortable seating, the others have comfy chairs.
* Moxie Java is at 2815 East Harmony and is probably the easiest wireless Internet to get to from I-25. M-F 6-9, Sa 7-10, Su 7-7.
* The Wired Bean coffee shop by West Elizabeth and Shields.
* Alley Cat Coffee House, [http://www.alleycatcoffeehouse.com/]. Alley Cat is a 24 hour coffeehouse and cafe located in the alley just west of College Avenue and north of Laurel.
* Genoa's Coffee and Wine. 7AM-9PM, M-Su. Nice coffee house with some good snacks, a few beers, and a good selection of wines. At the corner of Drake and Timberline, near King Soopers.
* Cafe Ardour, 255 Linden, north east of Old Town. M-W
7:00AM-7PM, Th-Sa 7AM-9PM, Su 9AM-7PM. Locally roasted, organic coffee, sandwiches, salads, muffins, cakes, etc.
* Cool Beans Cafe, 1721 W. Harmony Road (Harmony & Seneca). Coffee drinks, sandwiches, soups and burritos... all with a great view of the mountains.
* The Bean Cycle on College has free WiFi. They are on College in the old-town area.
* Jackson's Sports Bar on Harmony just east of Boardwalk (by the Sam's Club and Kohl's) has WiFi. In November of 2004 they have changed it to block all traffic except for HTTP as a "security measure" and have stated they don't want to switch it back to open. It's pretty useless as it is. Try the Bear Rock Cafe if you need net. Be prepared for lots of sports fans if a game is on though. Verified that it's still locked down in May of 2005.
* Dazbog Coffee, Harmony & McMurray,[http://dazbog.com/]. Open 5:
30 am to 10:00 pm 7 days a week.
* Fedex Kinkos 130 West Olive Street.
* Fedex Kinko's Fort Collins Campus West 1113-1117 West Elizabeth.
* McDonald's on the west side of College Ave. north of Drake offers 1 hr of free access with a purchase, or $2.95/hr otherwise.
* Starbucks Harmony & Timberline 4615 S Timberline Rd
* Barnes & Noble 4045 S College
* Starbucks Drake & Shields - 802 West Drake Road
* T-Mobile East Harmony Rd 238 East Harmony Rd
* Starbucks Harmony & JFK 250 East Harmony Road
* Starbucks College & Horsetooth at 3600 South College Avenue
* Starbucks Northern Hotel 123 North College Avenue
* Starbucks Scotch Pines 2601 South Lemay
'''[[Cheyenne]]''', capital of [[Wyoming]], is just across the border from Fort Collins, home of the World's largest outdoor rodeo.
[[WikiPedia:Fort Collins, Colorado]]
| minorr1=[[Loveland (Colorado)|Loveland]]