It experience pleasant environment throughout the year. In summer the average temperature can go as high as 40 'C and in during the winters the average temperature can go as
down as 4 'C. The best time to visit Gorakhpur is during the months of October to March.
Daily Jet airways flight at
2:30 PM from New Delhi to Gorakhpur --------
Situated on the basin of rivers Rapti and Rohini the geographical shape of the Gorakhpur City is of bowl. The west of the city is guarded by cool Rapti river while the east is associated with excel Sal Forest, giving the divine sense of peace with cool breeze every moment. The south is showered with the power of excellence, in shape of greenish Ramgarh Tal and north is the plinth of city's advancement.
Gorakhpur city has a university, a medical college,
an engineering college and many post graduate and degree colleges. It is also the head quarters of North Eastern Railways. You can travel to any corner of India from here. No mean an achievement considering the size of the city. It also has an airport for domestic travel and connects with every major city in India. The city boasts of an army cantonment and an air base. All this, gave a cosmopolitan touch to the city. The world famous publication house of Gita Press gives an intellectual and religious touch to the city.
* Ambedkar Park
* Lord Buddha Museum near Ram Garh Tal - nice and quiet place to visit. Opened till 4:30PM.
* Ram Garh Tal (Lake).
* Budiya Mai Temple, 15 km from rly station
Places near by:
* Kapilvastu - Capital of lord buddha
* Lumbini(Nepal) - Birth Place of lord Buddha. Go by Sonauli route.
* Bhairahwa,one of the entry points to Nepal from India, is the last border town in Nepal which is about 4 KM from Sonauli,the Indian border town. There are frequent buses( 3 hrs. ) to
Sounauli from Gorakhpur or taxis can be hired( 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. ).There are shared taxis too.
* See all the Hindi movies in the town, best theaters are Raj, Jubilee, Vijay Picture Palace, here air conditioning is good.
* A new shopping Mall(SRS,Sabhi Rahe Saath) has come up on the Park Road (near Hotel Ganesh). This mall is with 3 movie screens.
* Hire a cycle-rickshaw and travel around slow all around the town and in some places it is better to travel in foot.
Gorakhpur has a fairly good restaurants and eating joints. Apart from the star catagory hotels there are many restaurants in the city
* '''Hotel Ganesh''', Park Road near Golghar. Good and Clean Indian food.Cheapest hotels can be seen just outside the train station itself. South Indian dishes like Dosa, Masal Dosa, Idly Sambar etc. are available here at reasonable rate.
* '''Choudhry Hotel''', Vijay Chowk near Golghar/City Mall on Park Road. Good and clean Indian food. Agreeable service with reasonable rates. Can get everything from typical Punjabi dishes to South Indian with variety of sweets. Comparable to Haldriram's of NCR.
Bar Facilities available in some of hotels.
''' Mughal Bar (Hotel Bobina ) ''' Hotel Ganges
* <sleep name="hotel awadh" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="" url="" hours="" price="" lat="" long="">in centre of the city ,a true home away from home</sleep>
* '''Hotel Kabeer''', Near Venus Compound, Modest place to sleep and food quality is good.
Place also has a Chinese restaurant. Contact Number - 09415080610 *<sleep name="Hotel Avantika" alt="" address="MOHADDIPUR" directions="" phone="" url="" checkin="" checkout="" price="" lat="" long="">THE best two STAR HOTEL ON THE WAY TO BUDDHIST PILGRIMAGE SITE "KUSI NAGAR"</sleep> ==Get in==