YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
← Older edit
Newer edit →
1,417 bytes added
01:04, 24 December 2008
Hi. There was an ad in the Sleep listings so I deleted it.--[[User:184.108.40.206|220.127.116.11]] 14:49, 27 June 2008 (EDT)MarinaK.
== advert entries ==
I have deleted entries for restaurants and hotels [http://wikitravel.org/wiki/en/index.php?title=Venice&diff=1020021&oldid=1019251 here] because they looked far too much like brochure-spam, and some I just deleted because I get fed up, and some I deleted as they contained referrer code (see [http://wikitravel.org/en/Special:Contributions/18.104.22.168]). If I am wrong, please insert those entries written to be useful to readers, for example:
* for restaurant, price of standard meal for one, and for two
* for hotel, room price range and date when current
* do not copy and paste blog entries, it infringes copyright,
* instead, write it from your own experience
* put inside html comments those weblinks that may be useful to editors for verifying prices
* say something CRITICAL or give a DISADVANTAGE
I propose that entries just get deleted (or doubtful ones get moved here) if an entry lacks any of these pieces of information:
* Price! Of a meal, of the wine
* Location! Where it is, and distance from a main landmark in minutes of metres
* Opinion? Tasty? Service?
More advice for would-be advertisers. Avoid these phrases:
* stone's throw away
* short walk
* excellent value
* original elegance
* most magnificent
And of course, do not use codes after the URL.
[[User:Wikibob|Wikibob]] <small><sup>[[User talk:Wikibob|Talk]]</sup></small> 20:00, 23 December 2008 (EST)
Retrieved from "
Not logged in
Report a problem
Upload a picture