Southlake  is a city in Texas. It was recently choosen as the best place to live within the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
From Dallas, take TX-114 W toward Grapevine, take the exit toward FM-1709/Southlake Blvd. From Fort Worth, take TX-121 N, exit at William D. Tate Ave. From DFW Airport, take TX-114 W, exit at Southlake Blvd.
To get around Southlake you'll definitley want to have a car. Taxis services to the airport (which is less than 10 minutes away) are available.
- Southlake Town Square , a huge high-end shopping center styled as an old town square. Newer additions include a European style plaza, 14-screen movie theatre, and more shops. For a list of shopping and dining options see the square's website.
- Southlake Community Band , a group of 70 volunteer muscians; see website for upcoming performances.
- Bob Jones Park, off of N. White's Chapel Blvd., has hiking trails, a fishing pond, athletic fields, and a dog park.
- Southlake Dragon Stadium, 1085 S. Kimball Rd., is a $15 million high school sports stadium that houses the Southlake Carroll Dragons American football squad, one of the best high school teams in the country. If you are in town anywhere from late September to December attend a game; tickets go for around $7 a person, open seating.
- Shop, in Town Square and around the rest of the town.
- Fish, at Lake Grapevine or Bob Jones Park.
- Attend a Football Game, at Dragon Stadium.
- Ride a Segway in the Town Square. Visit www.GoSegway.com
- Gateway Church http://www.gatewaypeople.com
Southlake Town Square, has many restaurants on all budget levels.
The nearby town of Grapevine has a few wineries; hence the name. Samples of these wines and others can be bought at Off the Vine , 230 State St., +1 817 442-1626.
- Gaylord Texan Resort, 1501 Gaylord Trl, Grapevine, TX, +1 800 444-6835. A beautiful hotel on the edges of Lake Grapevine; minutes away from Southlake.
- Hilton Hotel Southlake, Town Square, +1 817 442-9900. Under construction.
- Baymont Inn & Suites DFW Airport, 301 Capitol St. in Grapevine, +1 800 754-6835.
- Many other hotels are located near the airport, within minutes of Southlake.