Southeast Michigan is the region of Michigan closest to Ohio and the Canadian province of Ontario. Although the name is commonly used to mean "the Detroit area", and the state's megalopolis is an important presence, it contains considerably more than the Motor City.
English is by far the most common language in this part of the country.
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (IATA: DTW) in Romulus
- Bishop International Airport (IATA: FNT) in Flint
- Beaches, Canoeing, Kayaking, and more  Metro Detroit's popular destinations include Metropolitan Beach in Harrison Township., Stony Creek Beach, and Kensington Beach. Detroit's Huron Clinton Metro Park system is a great source of fun. Enjoy canoe trips on the Huron River .
- Golf Metro Detroit has many award winning golf courses. Try Detroit's Metro parks , St John's Resort in Plymouth, and more.
- Horse Racing Hazel Park Raceway, Northville Downs, and Windsor Raceway.
- Palazzo di Bocce  4291 S. Lapeer Road in Orion Township, about 40 minutes north of Downtown, is the largest and most elaborate bocce facility in the United States, and perhaps the world. You can play bocce on one of 10 indoor tournament-sized courts with court hosts and hostesses to help if you don't know the game. You can have cocktails and eat courtside while playing, or later in the restaurant, which serves authentic Italian food. Palazzo was the site of the 2005 U.S. national tournament, and hosted the 2005 Singles World Bocce Championships attended by athletes from 17 nations in September. Very popular for group events; Friday and Saturday nights are more crowded.
- Skiing and Snowboarding in Metro Detroit  Mt. Brighton Ski Area, 4141 Bauer Rd., Brighton, MI. Near I-96 & M-23 in Metro Detroit. See also, Alpine Valley ski area, Apple Mountain Ski Resort, Baki Maountain Cross Country Ski Trails, Mt. Holly ski area, Pine Knob ski area.
- Tipping Point Theatre, 361 E. Cady, Northville, MI 48167, ☎ 248-347-0003, . Tue-Fri 10am-5pm. The Tipping Point is an intimate professional theatre located in Historic Downtown Northville. See their website for more information on upcoming performances. $27-32. edit