Southwest Florida is in Florida, a state in the United States of America and is comprised of the Gulf Coast counties of Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee, and Collier.
The climate is semi-tropical, with an average high temperature of 78F, and an average low temperature of around 56F. Cold snaps sometimes bring the winter weather to the upper 20sF. Frosts and snow flurries have even been recorded before, but the weather is usually very warm and balmy, with humd Gulf breezes.
- Fort Myers - Beaches of Fort Myers and Sanibel and the exotic beaches of Captiva Islands.
- Naples - Enjoy the beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, world class shopping, golf courses and the nearby untamed tropical wilderness of The Everglades.
- Port Charlotte
- Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport (SRQ), 6000 Airport Circle, Sarasota, Phone: 941-359-2777, . Located on the border between Sarasota and Manatee counties.
- Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), 11000 Terminal Access Road, Fort Myers, Phone: 239-590-4800, . Located in Lee County.
- Fakahatchee Strand State Park, Copeland, Phone: 239-695-4593, . 8AM-sundown.
- The Ringling Estate, 5401 Bay Shore Road, Phone: 941-359-5700, . Daily 10AM-5:30PM. The Ringling Estate has recently finished a six-year restoration and expansion phase that restored all of the existing buildings and added four new buildings to the estate. Features of the 66-acre estate include the lush grounds and landscaping including Mable’s Rose Garden, the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, the Circus Museum, the Cà d’Zan Mansion, the Tibbals Learning Center, and the Historic Asolo Theater located in the Visitor’s Pavilion.