Sorocaba is a city in the interior of São Paulo state.
Sorocaba, founded in 1654, is located in the southeast region of the state, about 90km from the capital.
- Sorocaba Bus Station, tel. (15) 3232-6964, is relatively small, but it has various companies which run between Sorocaba and nearby cities of the region such as Ibiúna, São Roque, and Iperó, as well as destinations further afield such as Curitiba, Londrina, Foz do Iguaçu, Belo Horizonte, and Rio de Janeiro. Only one company, Viação Cometa , offers service from the city of São Paulo.
- SP 75 (Santos Dumont highway), from Itu, Salto, Piracicaba and Campinas
- SP 79 (Waldomiro Correa de Camargo highway), from Itu
- SP 97 (Emerenciano Prestes de Barros highway), from Porto Feliz
- SP 264 (João Leme dos Santos highway), from Salto de Pirapora, Votorantim, and Piedade
- SP 270 (Raposo Tavares highway), from Araçoiaba da Serra, Itapetininga, Alumínio, Presidente Prudente
- SP 280 (Castelo Branco highway), from São Paulo, Ourinhos
- SCB 354 - from Iperó
Sorocaba is well served by city buses from two terminals..
- Terminal São Paulo, serves the south and east zones.
- Terminal Santo Antônio, serves the west zone.
- Cathedral Church.
- Brigadier Tobias' Manor (Casarão de Brigadeiro Tobias).
- Monastery of São Bento, Largo São Bento - Centro, ☎ (11) 3328 8794.
- Pelourinho, Rua Dr. Nogueira Martins - Centro. In 1599, governor Dom Francisco de Souza established the first slave trading post in Vila de Nossa Senhora de Monte Serrat. In 1661 it was transferred first to Itavuvu and then to what is now central Sorocaba.
- Sorocaba Historical Museum. Housed in the former house of the Marquesa de Santos.
- Zoológico Municipal Quinzinho de Barros.
- Mercado Municipal, Largo do Mercado – Centro.
- Sorocaba Shopping Center, Av. Afonso Vergueiro, 1.700, Tel.(15) 3232-2757, . One of the first malls constructed in Brazil, with a cinema and a large variety of shops.
- Esplanada Shopping Center, Av. Profa. Izoraida Marques Peres, 401 - Campolim. Tel.(15) 3224-4666. Several department stores, a cinema, and one of the region's biggest supermarkets.
- Panorâmico Shopping Center, Rodovia Raposo Tavares, km 99,5, Sorocaba. Tel: (15) 3231-6917.
- Bacã, de Av. Marginal Dom Aguirre.
- Daniel, Campolim.
- Floresta Negra, Jardim América, close to Campolim. German cuisine.
- Santa Victória, Alto da Boa Vista
- Chopperia Barbacana, Jardim Piratininga, .
- Tribeca Café, . Dance music, pop and techno.
- Cardum Hotel
- Chamonix Hotel
- Hotel Ipanema
- Sorocaba Hotel