Sonora is a city in the West Hill Country of Texas.
Sonora is located on I-10 halfway between Ozona and Junction.
- Caverns of Sonora, Caverns of Sonora Road off I-10 8 miles west of town, 325 387 6507, ]. Consistently called by speleologists as one of the most beautiful caves in the country, the cavern has a host of very unique, impossible-looking formations. Guided tours leave every half-hour for a somewhat strenuous 1.5 mile path underground.
- Eaton Hill Wildlife Sanctuary . 37-acre nature park with 3 miles of hiking trails, with both Hill Country and Chihuahua Desert wildlife. Open during daylight hours. Free.
- Downtown walking tour . Self-guided tour which hits 18 points of interest around town. Brochures are available from the website.
- La Mexicana, 240 Highway 277 N # 3088, 325 387 3401. Better than the average small-town Mexican restaurant.
- Days Inn, 1312 N Service Rd, 325 387 3516. The hotel is older and thus cheaper than some area hotels, but the rooms are spacious and clean, and include mini-fridge and microwave.
- Comfort Inn, 311 N Hwy 277, 325 387 5800, . Clean and quiet, with free high-speed internet. Mini-fridge and microwave in every room.
- X Bar Ranch, about 23 miles north of town near the town of [Eldorado], . 7100-acre guest ranch with camping and cabin lodging. Other features include 16 miles of nature trails and a swimming pool.