Sodankylä is a municipality in Lapland.
Sodankylä is situated in the heart of Lapland. Sodankylä provides a perfect environment for both the active hiker and the person seeking peace, space and silence. Vast forests, unspoiled wild
nature, wide open aapa mires and rugged fells of Northern Lapland in particular, are characteristic to this area. The most important centre of nature tourism in Sodankylä is located in Luosto area.
This community is the home of:
- The Midnight Sun Film Festival
- The Gold panning world championships, Gold museum at Tankavaara gold village (97 km to North from center of Sodankylä)
- Kaamos Jazz festival
- Northern Lights research centre
- Alariesto Art Gallery
- 17th century Wooden church and about 200 years newer church
- Amethyst Mine at Luosto resort.
A large variety of activities are available at near by locations during Winter and Summer: snowmobile
driving, ice fishing, reindeer farm visits, snow shoe walk, cross country and downhill skiing, riverboat
cruises, fishing, hiking and cycling.
- Hotel Bear Inn  offers a delicious home cooked lunch buffet Monday through Friday at 11-14. After 15.00 daily, the restaurant caters to dinner clients offering a tasty a la carte menu.
- Annabella, pizza & kebab
- Pizza-paikka Á la Riesto
- Hotel Sodankylä
- Päivin Kammari
- Hotel Bear Inn has a comfortable and relaxing, safe bar and restaurant right in the heart of Sodankylä.
- Päivin Kammari
- Cafe-Konditoria Pipari
Bar & pub
- Hotel Bear Inn, Lapintie 7 99600 Sodankylä Finland, ☎ +358 (0)401 228250, . The conveniently located Hotel Bear Inn is only 30 minute drive away from Luosto, in the town of Sodankylä. The hotel was recently renovated and provides excellent Lapland accommodation for both leisure and business purposes. Hotel Bear Inn has a comfortable lounge with bar and a separate restaurant which are also ideal for Lapland weddings, receptions and other celebrations. Hotel Bear Inn’s accommodation comprises of single rooms with private saunas or upgraded rooms equipped with relaxing power steam showers. 24 twin rooms, 11 double rooms, 6 single rooms with sauna, 1 room with disabled facilities. Rooms are often equipped with: power steam shower, sauna, hairdryer, digitalTV, telephone, fast internet access edit
- Guesthouse Kolme Veljestä 
Homepage of Sodankylä municipality
Railway stations: Kemijärvi 108 km, Rovaniemi 130 km
Bus stations: Sodankylä Rovaniemi 130 km
Airports: Rovaniemi 120 km, Kittilä 130 km