Slobozia is a city in Muntenia.
A city of about 50.000 people located in the middle of the Bărăgan steppe, Slobozia is the seat of Ialomiţa County and it's best known as transit point to the nearby Amara salt lake and resort.
There are hourly buses from Bucharest (two hours travel time) and four-five buses from Ploieşti (two hours away). Most of their schedules are available on autogari.ro 
Slobozia is located on a secondary railway and gets limited service. Several local trains link it with Ciulniţa station on the Bucharest-Constanţa mainline (a 20-25 minutes trip); there is also one direct train from Bucharest (three and half hours travel time) and one from Ploieşti (three hours). Timetables are available on the railway operator's CFR website .
Several minibus lines cover the city.
- Mânăstirea Slobozia (Slobozia Monastery), strada Mânăstirii nr. 1 (in the south-eastern part of the city), ☎ +40243 235245. A fortified monastery built in the early 17th century edit
- Muzeul Naţional al Agriculturii (National Museum of Agriculture), Bulevardul Matei Basarab nr. 10, ☎ +40243 231991 ([email protected], fax: +40243 230184), . Tu-Su 10AM-6PM (March to October), 9AM-5PM (November to February). edit
- Muzeul Judeţean Ialomiţa (Ialomiţa County Museum), Bulevardul Matei Basarab nr. 30, ☎ +40243 230054 ([email protected]), . Tuesday to Saturday 9AM-5PM, Sunday 10AM-4PM, Mondays closed. 3 lei. edit
- Hotel Select, Bulevardul Chimiei nr. 4, ☎ +40243 230805 ([email protected]), . edit
- Hotel Central, Bulevardul Cosminului nr. 2-4, ☎ +40243 109500, . edit
- Amara resort is located just 7 km north of the city and there are minibuses to it every 15-30 minutes.
Hotel Parc Amara
Hotel Dana Amara