Skútustaðir is a small town located along the southern shore of Mývatn in North Iceland.
- Take the hour long walk along the pseudo-craters. It offers a nice view of Mývatn as well as the surrounding mountains.
Gasoline and souvenirs are available for purchase at Sel - Hótel Mývatn.
- KEA Hotel Gígur, Hótel Gígur, 660 Mývatn, ☎ +354 460 2050 ([email protected], fax: +354 464 4279), . This hotel has 37 rooms with private baths, a restaurant and a bar. The northern view over the lake from their common area is incredible during the midnight sun. edit
- Sel - Hotel Mývatn, ☎ +354-464-4164 ([email protected]), . Offers 35 rooms, each of which includes private bath, television, and internet access. The restaurant is also highly regarded. Single Room (2008 prices): 7700 ISK (low season) / 15700 ISK (peak season). edit
- Skútustaðir Farmhouse, ☎ +354 464 4212 (fax: +354 464 4322), . This farmhouse has eleven rooms available. edit
- Reykjahlíð is the other town in the Mývatn area, located on the north side of the lake.