The Tampines is largely residential comprising of some areas (Bedok, Simei, Changi, Pasir Ris and the Eastern Islands).
Tampines is little bit hectic, tastes like the similar South London case. Tampines is used to be a sand quarry until the 1979 and was part of the military training area still, under Harvey Avenue, then it goes to Tampines and Pasir Ris. The new towns were actually started in Tampines on 1978, Simei on 1985, Pasir Ris on 1989 while the earlier, Bedok used to start in 1973.
The construction of the New Tampines City and the Tampines Gateway will start in 2013 for completion in 2016. This will rejuvenate the existing Tampines (and with their road realignment for their MRT construction of the Downtown Line).
The East West Line runs through towards Pasir Ris with the interchange stations at (Tanah Merah), to head towards Expo and Changi Airport.
Downtown Line will open in 2017, running towards Tampines West, Tampines, Tampines East, Upper Changi and Expo stations.
For car, access is via Pan Island Expressway (towards the Changi Airport), East Coast Parkway (towards Changi Airport) and Tampines Expressway (towards Punggol). Bus services are complemented by routes 10, 27, 28, 34 and 67.
- Changi Chapel and Museum, 1000 Upper Changi Road North (Bus 29 from Tampines MRT or bus 2 from Tanah Merah), . 9:30AM to 4:30PM daily. Singapore's memorial to the notorious WW2 Japanese POW camp, the setting of James Clavell's King Rat. The current site is a reconstruction and in a different location, but contains a replica of the original chapel and informative exhibits about the squalid conditions of the prison. Free. edit
- Pulau Ubin, . Singapore's flashback to yesteryear, a little island off the northern coast where people still live in fishing villages on stilts. The island is covered in biking trails and is an excellent spot for a little steamy jungle offroading; bike rentals go for as low as $2 a day, and the 45-hectare Ketam Mountain Bike Park has a good 10-km trail. At the east end of the island, reachable by bike or shuttle bus from the jetty, are the Chek Jawa Wetlands, with a mangrove boardwalk, an observation tower and a visitor centre. Access to the island requires a bit of effort though: take the MRT to Tanah Merah, then ride bus 2 to the bus terminal in Changi Village (alternatively MRT to Simei, then bus 9 that passes Changi Village by), find the jetty and hop on a bumboat ($2.50 each way) for the 10-minute ride to the island. edit
- Changi Beach, near Changi Village, . Right next to Changi Airport, you can watch (and hear) the neverending parade of airplanes from here. Usually full of local picnickers, but not too many sunbathers or swimmers around. If you walk along the beach to the southeast, you will eventually pass by Bedok Jetty and arrive at East Coast Park. edit
- Gallop Stable, 61 Pasir Ris Green (10-minute walk from MRT Pasir Ris), ☎ +65-65839665, . Tu-Su 8AM-noon, 2-7PM. Singapore's the first public riding school. Ponies only, maximum weight for riders 70 kg, $10/ride. edit
- Forest Adventure, 825 Bedok Reservoir Road, ☎ +65-81007420, . Live out your Tarzan in the jungle fantasies by completing this two-hour obstacle course: swing from trees to trees, climb rope ladders and finally, abseil down across the reservoir. Kids Course minimum age/height 5 years/1.1m, Grand Course 10 years/1.4m (under-18s must be accompanied by adult). Advance booking required. $34/22 Grand/Kids Course. edit
- Mangrove Boardwalk at Pasir Ris Park, . One of the fewer remaining stretches of mangroves in Singapore. You can spot mudskippers, fiddler crabs and a wide variety of butterflies. edit
- ITE College East, 10 Simei Ave (Bus 2 from Tanah Merah MRT, Bus 31 from Tampines MRT, Bus 12 from Pasir Ris MRT), ☎ 65902262. ITE College East was built in 2005. It had several courses likewise cloud computing, network systems, and there are several things likewise Singapore Pools, Ah Yat Abalone Restaurant, Food Republic and one cafeteria. edit
- Tampines Mall, (Tampines MRT), . A shopping mall which is under Tampines hub. Popular outlets include Tonkichi, Popular Bookstore, McDonald's and some outlets. edit
- Century Square, (Tampines MRT), . Owned by AsiaMalls Limited, it is a second shopping competitor. edit
- Tampines 1, (Tampines MRT), . Tampines 1 is built in 9 April 2009, it has a sky garden upstairs with a swimming pool, wildlife-themed rooftop playground, together with Kopitiam, MUJI, Cold Storage, Daiso which is $2, Beauty Language, MOF (My Izakuya), New Look Fashion and Payless Shoe Source. This area was renovated since 28 September 2012. edit
- Changi City Point, 5 Changi Business Park Central 1 (Expo MRT). Changi City Point is built in 2011, the latest one, it has a lot of Factory Stores and the meat supermarket upmarket product store, codenamed Mmmm! (Meats, Marinates and Much More) edit
- Bedok Point, 799 New Upper Changi Road (Bedok MRT). Bedok Point is built in 2010, which also have Mondo, The Chicken Rice Shop, The Manhattan Fish Market, Banquet, a karaoke lounge. edit
- Bedok Mall, 311 New Upper Changi Road (Bedok MRT Station), ☎ 6702 5121, . It is a 3-storey building (level 1 to basement 2), which also encompasses Bedok Residences. Anchor tenants include FairPrice Finest and Best Denki. Some of them had brought from the older shopping malls including Sony Style, this has been restored the appearance. Some of them also goes from Bedok Point as well of which it is temporary usage. edit
- Xing Ji Rou Cuo Mian, Blk 85 Bedok North St 4 #01-07 (Bus 14 from Bedok MRT), ☎ 98357884. Newly refurbished after Fengshan Market went for renovation. It had Wanton noodles in the vicinity. edit
- Xing Ji Wanton Mee, Blk 137 Tampines St 11 #01-35 (Bus 292 from Tampines MRT). There are a lot of food which is in the vicinity, where there is Wanton Noodle. edit
- The Garden Slug, 55 Lorong L Telok Kurau, #01-59/61 Bright Centre, Singapore 425500 (Bus 155 from Eunos MRT 4th stop), ☎ 8688-8575. Chilled out Western & Fusion cafe restaurant with some really incredible original dishes, healthy food options and extensive menu. Quick and really warm service. They do delivery and events as well as baking orders via Dough Empire. edit
- Blk 161 Xchange (Wenhui Sam Eco), Blk 161 Tampines Street 12 (Tampines MRT). 7pm - 3am. A nightlife hub for the party-goers who are from the various areas, this is not intended for Tampines Secondary School students edit
- Blk 123 Xchange (Timothy Mok's house), Blk 123 Tampines Street 11 (Ashford Overground). 7pm - 2am. edit
- TPS E-Hub, 860 New Upper Changi Road (Tampines Primary School Overground, 31 from Bedok and Tanah Merah MRT). TPS E-Hub has a nightclub in North Block for partygoers to drink. edit