The northwestern part consists of Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, Choa Chu Kang, Woodlands (West), Bukit Timah, the prime residential district, Tengah, Ama Keng, Wrexham, Poyan Reservoir, Sarimbun, Lim Chu Kang and Neo Tiew areas.
The North South Line runs through the Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak, Choa Chu Kang, Yew Tee, Kranji all the way to Marsiling MRT stations, until it reaches the Marina Bay, whereas take a branch to the Bukit Panjang LRT from Choa Chu Kang to Petir and Pending. The Downtown Line would be ready in 2015 (Hillview, Cashew, Bukit Panjang, Sixth Avenue and Hwa Chong stations).
- Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, Hindhede Drive, . At 166 meters this is Singapore's highest point — if you don't count the city's skyscrapers. It is also one of the last places in Singapore that is home to the original primary tropical rainforest that used to cover the entire island. You can scale the hill in 15 minutes if you follow the paved road (boring) or 45-50 minutes if you do it the long way around (more interesting). Watch out for monkeys! Don´t expect a stunning view from the top, though. Almost nothing can be seen through the thick trees. Take SBS bus 170 or SMRT 67, 75, 171, 173, 184, 852 and 961 to the Courts department store on Upper Bukit Timah Rd and walk. Free. edit
- Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve, (Kranji Express bus (hourly) from Kranji MRT), . Daily 7:30 AM-7 PM. If you want to see a mangrove forest, this is your chance. As the reserve is basically a swamp, bring plenty of mosquito repellant and keep an eye out for crocodiles. The nature reserve is a site of international importance for migratory birds. It is also Singapore's first ASEAN heritage park. Free Mon-Fri, $1 Sat-Sun. edit
- Singapore Turf Club (Kranji MRT), 1 Turf Club, ☎ +65-6879 1000, . Host horse races, most commonly on Fridays (starting 6:30 PM) but occasionally on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday as well. Betting is allowed, making this a major draw for local gamblers. The Upper Grandstand is air-conditioned, while the Lower is not. $3/7 Lower/Upper Grandstand. edit
- Lot One, 21 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4 (Choa Chu Kang MRT/LRT), . A shopping mall in Choa Chu Kang, it has the public library. It has Bossini, Mondo, MOF @ My Izakuya, and MUJI (due for opening in another hub). edit
- Junction 10, 1 Woodlands Road (Bukit Panjang Overground), . A shopping mall that integrates with the renovated LRT station and the depot. Opened in 28 December 2011. edit
- Poyanix, 430 Jalan Sungei Poyan (Poyan Court #02-02/03/04). 7.30pm - 2am. edit Situated at Jalan Sungei Poyan, Poyanix has a lot of nightclubs that can drink.
- Charlie, 430 Jalan Sungei Poyan (Poyan Court #02-05/06). edit Situated at Jalan Sungei Poyan, Charlie has a lot of nightclub for party-goers.
- Blk 765 Xchange, Blk 765 Choa Chu Kang North 7. It has fitted with a proper nightclub. edit