Simferopol is the capital city of the Crimea, a disputed region in Ukraine and Russia. It is de facto administered by Republic of Crimea. However, Ukrainian supportive government in exile was formed in Kherson.
For the most part this is a place of transit to the coast or to the mountains. It is famous for having the world's longest trolley bus service 56km.
All roads coming to Crimea leads to Simferopol, it is the undisputed transport hub of the region.
Simferopol International Airport (IATA: SIP)  is a major hub and have both domestic and international connections, mostly with Russia. Popular routes include Moscow, Saint Petersburg and many other Russian cities.
Marshrutka buses leave from across the car park outside the arrival area, look for the large Krimtrolleybus sign. Buses leave for city centre and the railway station every few minutes. Bus #49 connects with Central Intercity Bus Station. Buses #115, #98 ( 12 RUB as of May 2016 ) and trolleybus #8/9 go to the city center passing by the railway station and the Kurortnaya bus station which have connections to sea-side cities such as Sevastopol, Yalta, Sudak and Yevpatoria. Also, there are lots of annoying private taxi drivers at the airport, if you take a taxi always agree on a rate before you board a cab and make sure that the price is for the entire route (not for each kilometer). Average price is about 60-80UAH when ordering taxi by phone.
Simferopol has very good train connections with all major domestic destinations and several international routes too. There are several daily trains from Kiev (15 h) via Dnipropetrovsk (6 h). Dontesk (10 h), Lviv (25 h) and Odessa (12 h) also have daily connections. International connections are mostly with Russia, there are daily overnight connections with Kaliningrad (44 h) via Minsk (30 h), Moscow (23 h) and Saint Petersburg (38 h). There is also a daily night train service from Yekaterinburg (68 h) in the Ural. Direct trains from central Europe have now disappeared with the twice-weekly night train from Berlin via Warsaw being withdrawn in September 2011.
Domestic trains are handled by Ukrainian Railways  while international connections with Russia are handled by RZD . Notice that domestic trains not always carry a restaurant wagon, be sure to supply yourself with food and drink.
You can get anywhere in Crimea as long with some major Ukrainian and Russian cities by bus. Online booking can be done using state-operated electronic ticket system.
- There are about a dozen a day bus and marshrutka rides from Sevastopol each day. They get busy, particularly at weekends, and it is best to book some time in advance. If you are unable to take public transport, taxis will take you there; from Sevastopol station to Simferopol airport, do not accept a fare of more than 300 UAH.
- There is a Euroclub-bus  from various destinations in Germany to Simferopol.
The Crimean Trolleybus connects Simferopol to the cities of Alushta and Yalta on Crimean Black Sea coast. The line is the longest trolleybus line in the world with a total length of 94km. The trolleybus line's route departs from Simferopol Airport and passes through the Crimean Mountains across the Angarskyi Pass, reaching 752 metres at the road's highest point, then descends down to the resort town of Alushta on the coast. The remaining distance to Yalta is 41 kilometres and winds around the mountains above the sea, providing breathtaking views. Furthermore, it is the cheapest way to get to these cities: Simferopol-Alushta 9UAH (1.5hrs), Simferopol-Yalta 15UAH (2.5hrs).
The easiest and cheapest way to get to Simferopol is to order a blablacar or find a marshrutka (large van with around 17 passengers) from Krasnodar. There is no border checkpoint when crossing the bridge into Crimea, and the roads are quite comfortable. It takes about 9 hours and costs no more than 1000 rubles.
A convenient way to get around is by public transport, and Simferopol has a wide range of it! The most popular is called marshutka or a minivan, minibus, or taxi. Taxi of course is most expensive but is a fastest alternative. A ride on the minivan or the bus however, will cost you only 2.75 UAH ($0.3). The public transportation will bring you almost all around the city.
Taxi - always agree on a rate before you board a cab. If driver offers you a cheap price make sure that this price is for the entire route not for each kilometer. Be warned that it's difficult to communicate with drivers, as they speak virtually no English or any other foreign language.
Taxi cost of 1 journey to any place of the city can be between 30 to 50 UAH. To order taxi by phone is a way to save money. Some numbers: +380 (63) 250-3350, +380 (652) 547200, +380 (652) 710071 from mobile phone or 1504, 1567, 1568 and some others from local phone.
- Train Station, ul. Gorkogo, 5. This is the first building you'll see arriving to Simferopol and at the same time this is one of the best architectural structures in Ukraine. If you climb its 42m clock tower, you can enjoy one of the hidden attractions of Simferopol. This is a copy of an ancient temple, which crowns the building. This temple has all the features of ancient architecture, including white columns. edit
- Lenin Square (Площадь Ленина - Ploshchad' Lenina). the city's main square where occur live concerts, skateboarders skating in the evenings, a place where locals usher in the New Year, a politician party campaigning site. edit
- Simferopol reservoir (Симферопольское водохранилище - Simferopol'skoye vodokhranilishche), southern suburb of Simferopol, st. Yaltinskaya. It is located in a picturesque valley and offers wonderful scenery. edit
- Holy Trinity Cathedral (Свято-Троицкий женский монастырь - Svyato-Troitskiy zhenskiy monastyr'), ul. Odesskaya, 12. This is a Russian Orthodox Cathedral. It is one of the three important churches in the city center. edit
- St. Peter and Paul Cathedral (Свято-Петро-Павловский кафедральный собор - Svyato-Petro-Pavlovskiy kafedral'nyy sobor), ul. Oktyabr'skaya, 16. edit
- Three Saints Church (Церковь Трех Святителей - Tserkov' Trekh Svyatiteley), ul. Gogolya 16. The five-domed church. edit
- Kebir-Jami Mosque (Мечеть Кебир-Джами - Mechet' Kebir-Dzhami), Kurchatova st. 4. This small mosque dates back its origin to 16th-century, after that it was rebuilt and changed its appearance many times, but in its current state it is designed in the style of the Turkish architecture. It is located in a part of town where at the beginning of the XVI century there was a Tatar settlement Ak-Mechet (White Mosque). edit
- The Church of St. Alexander Nevsky (Собор Александра Невского - Sobor Aleksandra Nevskogo), Rozy Luxemburg st. Once being the main temple of Simferopol, it was then blown up in 1930 by communists. And only a few years ago it was rebuilt. Now becoming one of the most beautiful and magnificent buildings in Simferopol edit
Museums and Galleries
- Simferopol Art Museum (Симферопольский художественный музей - Simferopol'skiy khudozhestvennyy muzey), Dolgorukovskaya str.35, ☎ 380 652 662630 ([email protected]), . 10:00 - 17:00 (closed Monday). There are more than 7,000 paintings, drawings, sculptures and other type of artwork in its collection. There are as well 87 pictures from Aachen museum. 20 UAH (10 UAH for students and senior citizens). edit
- Museum of the History of Simferopol (Музей истории города Симферополя - Muzey istorii goroda Simferopolya), ul. Pushkina,17, ☎ 380 652 621242; 621247, . 10:00 - 17:00 (closed Monday). It has large collection of artifacts collected from the residents of Simferopol. It includes paintings, old photographs and postcards of the city, made by famous artists and photographers of 19-20 centuries. As well as safe deposit room belonging to St. Petersburg International Commercial Bank that used to be located here in the years 1908-1915. Part of the museum has been stylized to reproduce once destroyed hotel "European". edit
- Crimean Ethnographic Museum (Крымский Этнографический музей - Krymskiy Etnograficheskiy muzey), ul. Pushkina 18, ☎ 380 652 255223 ([email protected]), . 10:00 - 17:30 (closed Tuesday). There are 4000 artifacts describing the traditional household culture of Crimean ethnic groups. The collection tells about material culture, customs and rituals, traditions and holidays of 25 nationalities and ethnic groups of the peninsula. It also has a 3-D relief map of Crimea, populated with nearly 50 colourful statues representing the peninsula’s different peoples throughout history. 10 UAH single exposition ticket, 40 UAH all expositions. edit
- Central Museum of Tauris (Regional Museum of Local Lore) (Центральный музей Тавриды - Tsentral'nyy muzey Tavridy), ul. Gogolya, 14, ☎ 380 652 259866, 252511, . 10:00 - 17:00 (closed Tuesday). The museum's collection includes more than 100,000 items, including a significant archaeological collection from the Paleolithic to the Middle Ages, collection of coins, unique graphics XVIII-XIX centuries with views of Crimea, personal archives of famous explorers of the nature and history of the peninsula P.I. Koppen, A.H. Steven, A.L. Berthier-Delagarde, lots of photos and documents. 20 UAH. Golden Treasury exposition ticket - 30 UAH. edit
- The house-museum of Ilia Selvinsky (Дом-музей Ильи Сельвинского - Dom-muzey Il'i Sel'vinskogo), ul. Odesskaya 15, ☎ 380 652 270083. 10:00 - 18:00 (closed Tuesday). Museum of outstanding poet of the first half of XX century Ilya Selvinsky. Museum itself in the house where poet was born and lived during 1899-1906. Also this is the first Literary Museum in Simferopol which was only recently opened in 2009. edit
- Republican Crimean Tatar Museum of Art (Республиканский крымско-татарский музей искусств - Respublikanskiy krymsko-tatarskiy muzey iskusstv), ul. Chekhova, 17, ☎ 380 652 249532, . 9:00 - 17:00 (closed Sunday). It will tell you about the history, culture and traditions of the Crimean Tatars. 7UAH. edit
- People's Museum of Archaeology of Crimea (Народный музей археологии Крыма - Narodnyy muzey arkheologii Kryma), ul. Gavena 101, ☎ 380 652 246907. 10:00 - 18:00 (closed Saturday and Sunday). The museum displays ancient pebble tools, anthropomorphic steles, stone box III millennium BC, a unique collection of stone tools (250-300 thousand years old). It contains materials about Tauris, Cimmerians, Scythians, Sarmatians, Polovtzy, Pechenegs, Khazars and other nationalities who once inhabited the Crimea. edit
- Public Museum of History (Общественный музей истории - Obshchestvennyy muzey istorii), ul. Karla Marksa 32, ☎ 380 652 272337. 10:00 - 17:00 (closed Sunday). This rather small museum(2 rooms only) is located on the premises of gymnasium #1. It exhibits rare and unique items that tell about remarkable people at different times associated with gymnasium #1. edit
- Museum of the history of the electric transport (Музей истории развития электротранспорта - Muzey istorii razvitiya elektrotransporta), ul. Kievskaya, 78, ☎ 380 652 271041, 246835, . M-Th 08:00 - 14:00, F 08:00 - 13:00. Historical museum dedicated to the history of Simferopol's tram and Crimean trolleybus. (44°57?48.94?,34°06?12.7?) edit
- Museum of the Simferopol railway node Dnieper railway (Музей истории симферопольского железнодорожного узла Приднепровской железной дороги - Muzey istorii simferopol'skogo zheleznodorozhnogo uzla Pridneprovskoy zheleznoy dorogi), Sq. Railway Station, 1 (If you climb up the railway bridge behind the train station's clock tower, then after the bridge to the left side there will be a door into a small building. Above the entrance there is a plate 'Museum of the Simferopol railway node Dnieper railway.'), ☎ 380 652 665219. The owner will tell stories of the Dnieper railway and Simferopol station with sounds of an old gramophone on a background. edit
- Artist House (Дом Художника - Dom Khudozhnika), ul. К. Marksa 13/16, ☎ 380 652 256462. This place hosts various exhibitions. edit
- House-Museum of A.Karamanova (Дом-музей А.Караманова - Dom-muzey A.Karamanova), ul. Karamanova, 2, ☎ 380 652. It is located in the building where composer Alemdar Karamanova lived. edit
- Zoological Museum of Tauride National University (Зоологический музей Таврического национального университета - Zoologicheskiy muzey Tavricheskogo natsional'nogo universiteta), "avenue, ☎ 380 652 ([email protected]), . 08:00 - 16:00 (closed Saturday, Sunday). To arrange a tour, contact the museum supervisor or someone from the staff. It is advisable to plan your trip in advance and make arrangements a few days ahead.. Quite decent museum showing big amount and big variety of stuffed animals. edit
- Museum of Television (Музей телевидения ГТРК «Крым» - Muzey televideniya GTRK «Krym»), ul. Studencheskaya, 14, ☎ 380 652 275703, 600201. visits by agreement. The exhibition consists of 12 stands showing equipment used by the broadcasting company since its beginning in 1959. edit
- Museum of Land Reclamation at the Simferopol Reservoir (Музей мелиорации на Симферопольском водохранилище - Muzey melioratsii na Simferopol'skom vodokhranilishche), ul. Plotinnaya, 4, ☎ 380 652 638030. Visits should be arranged beforehand by phone. Museum consists of only one room displaying information about the construction of the Crimean reservoirs and hydro-constructions, the North Crimean Canal. After that tourists are invited to walk along the dam, admiring the beautiful views of the Salhir's valley and mountains. Simferopol dam - the largest (554 meters long, 40 meters high) earthen dam in Europe. There is a unique facility at the base of the dam - an underground tunnel 220 meters long, stretching along the bottom of the reservoir at a depth of approximately 10 meters from the water's surface. edit
- Salon Du Chocolat (Музей шоколада - Muzey shokolada), ul. Kirova, 66, ☎ 380 652 521902. 10:00-18:00. There is permanent exhibition "History of chocolate made of chocolate". It has statuettes and portraits made of chocolate. It also boasts chocolate Eiffel Tower, to create which they specially invited mathematician. There is also a cafe. 20 UAH. edit
- Scythian Neapolis (Неаполь скифский - Neapol' skifskiy), (Take bus #4 or #101 from Simferopol's train and bus stations. Go to the terminal stop 'Ulitsa Tarabukina'), . This is a ruins of an ancient town which sit on the outskirts of the present-day Simferopol and offers great views over the city. Scythian Neapolis was a settlement that existed from the end of the 3rd century BC until the second half of the 3rd century AD. This city was the center of the Crimean Scythian tribes. The town ruled over a small kingdom, covering the lands between the lower Dnieper river and Crimea. It was a city with a mixed Scythian-Greek population, strong defensive walls and large public buildings. (44°56?34?N,34°07?14?E) edit
- Cave Chokurcha (Пещера Чокурча - Peshchera Chokurcha), ul. Lugovaya, 77 (It's in the eastern outskirts of Simferopol, in the valley of the Lesser Salgir. Pass through the teritory of the hospital untill you get to a small river, or rather brook, and you're able to see the rock, turn left and walk along the path to the cave). It's a site of ancient people who lived here 50,000 years ago. One of the oldest monuments of human life in the Crimea. The depth of the cave - up to 15 meters, width - about 7 meters. It doesn't look very impressive though except for the fact that there lived people so many years ago. edit
- Karaite Kenesa (Караимская кенасса - Karaimskaya kenassa), ul. Karaimskaya, 6. The abandoned temple complex of Crimean Karaites. edit
- Vorontsov Palace (Summer House of Vorontsov), ul. Yaltinskaya 2, Salgirka park. One of the earliest monuments of classical architecture in Crimea. Open for admission. edit
- Manor of Pallas (Усадьба Палласа - Usad'ba Pallasa), ul. Yaltinskaya 2, Salgirka park. Manor of the famous academician P.S. Pallas. edit
- Mansion of Dintsera (Особняк Динцера - Osobnyak Dintsera), ul. Nabaerezhnaya, 29. Fancy building built in the style of neoclassicism in the beginning of XX century, which gives it a certain appearance of mystery and magic. edit
Parks and gardens
- 'Salgirka' city park, ul. Yaltinskaya 2 ("Any). It's a very nice park and botanical garden, pleasant place to walk. edit
- Botanical Gardens of Tauride National University (Ботанический сад Таврического национального университета - Botanicheskiy sad Tavricheskogo natsional'nogo universiteta), ul. Yaltinskaya 2, Salgirka park. It has rose garden, large exhibition of ornamental crops, solar clock, fountains and lots of flowers. edit
- Gagarin Park (Гагаринский парк - Gagarinskiy Park). Large park with artificial pond and an island in the middle. Favorite place among locals. There are a few cafes (may be not of the best quality though), playgrounds, attractions. You can ride on catamaran, go around the park on a horse or donkey. edit
- Children's Park (Детский парк - Detskiy Park). Not very big although quite decent park. It houses zoo, small amusement park, ferris wheel, children's observatory, aquarium. And also Giant oak "Hercules Tauris" of the age of 600-750 years." edit
- Simferopol's Zoo (Зоопарк - Zoopark), Children's Park. 07:00 - 20:00 daily. Not particularly big, but still there are even some big animals like lion, camel, bear, jaguar. They sell food for feeding zoo's animals. 10 UAH (5 UAH children). edit
- Stroll along Salhir river. One of the best possible walks you can do in Simferopol is to stroll along the Salhir river which crosses the city. One can start it in the area nearby railway station (ask for a direction to Salhir river or Cosmos cinema) and then just follow the river. It's a very nice and refreshing walk, and it's a paved pathway. By following this path you can reach Simferopol Reservoir with a nice and picturesque surroundings. It might about 2hrs. edit
- Skating rink, Kuibyshev market -Куйбышевский рынок (in front of Pioneer bowling club). Operates only during cold months (approx. from December till March). Open air Skating rink in the city center. edit
- Park of Y.Gagarin (Гагаринский парк). You may take a stroll in the park. There are horse riding activities, boating, feeding ducks. edit
- Dive Center 'Captain', Lenin boulevard 5/7, pool building - 2nd Floor, Office 23, ☎ 380 50 3132957, 50 3242044 ([email protected]), . Dive Center prepares everyone for independent dives on the education system - PADI. edit
- Dream Town, Pobedy Ave. 165/1, ☎ 380 652 534004. 10:00 - 24:00. The bowling club with a restaurant. edit
- Pioner, Kievskaya St. 54, ☎ 380 652 610601. 11:00 - 01:00. The bowling club with restaurant and bar. edit
- Trolleybus tour of Simferopol streets, ☎ 380 50 3443424, . starts at 16:30 daily at railway station near the clock tower. It is a fascinating 1hr excursion on a new comfortable trolleybus through the historic center of the city. Route: Train Station - Moskoltso - Train Station - Soviet square - Central Market - Lenin Square - Kuibyshev square - Moscow Hotel - Bus Station - Kuibyshev square - Moscow square - Train Station. 45 UAH. edit
- Massandra Wine tasting, ul. Gorkogo, 7 (Any public transport to Lenin Square. There ask for directions to the Russian theater. The store is located across the street). The store is located in the heart of the city. It is located in the basement of an old building. The atmosphere is very comfortable. You can taste any wine or cognac they sell there. edit
- Simferopol Equestrian Club (Симферопольский Конно-спортивный клуб), ul. Sevastopolskaya, 37, ☎ 380 95 556-69-79. 12:00 - 22:00 daily. You can learn jumping and dressage. No rides outside manege is possible. 1hr individual lesson 100 UAH. edit
- Simferopol Turservis (Симферопольский турсервис), ul. Zhukovskogo 5-А, ☎ 380 652 250404 ([email protected]), . They have several walking and bus tours inside Simferopol. 300 UAH total price for a tour for up to 6 people. edit
- X-crimea, ☎ 380 67 6503442, 380 67 6501491 ([email protected]), . Organise ATV tours. 300UAH per 1hr tour, ...and up to 3100UAH per 2 days tour. edit
- Crimea Russian Drama Theater (Крымский Академический Русский Драматический Театр им. М.Горького), Pushkina St. 15, ☎ 380 652 276702, . Box office hours: 10:00 - 19:00. It is the oldest theater on the peninsula, and its main building is the monument of architecture designed in the Neoclassicism style with elements of art nouveau. The repertoire of the theater constitutes of mainly Russian and international Classic. edit
- Ukrainian musical theater (Украинский музыкальный театр - Ukrainskiy muzykal'nyy teatr), ave. Kirova,17, ☎ 380 652 254552, . booking office 10:00 - 19:00. It speciales in colorful spectacular musical performances, which combine songs, music and dance. 15-70 UAH. edit
- Crimean Tatar Music and Drama Theater (Крымскотатарский музыкально-драматический театр - Krymskotatarskiy muzykal'no-dramaticheskiy teatr), ul. Mendeleeva, 5/1, ☎ 380 652 511130 ([email protected]), . It is the only theater in the world of the Crimean Tatars. edit
- Theatre of Puppet Show (Театр кукол - Teatr kukol), ul. Gorkogo, 9, ☎ 380 652 250543, 547691, . booking office 10:00 - 16:00 (closed Monday). They have shows mainly for young children, although there are a few for adults. edit
- Art Center 'Karman' (Арт-центр 'КАРМАН'), ul. Lermontova, 1, /46, . A community center of contemporary culture, art and non-formal education. They organize theatricals and seminars. Check their site for upcoming events. 30 UAH, sometimes free. edit
- Central Market (Centralny Rynok), (Centralny Rynok bus stop). Everything from fresh food to clothes to hardware is easily available here. Generally the best place for shopping, and for getting skidkas (Ukrainian for "discount") edit
- Silpo, (Silpo bus stop). Its quite a big supermarket with all essential items and food stuff. There are also several boutiques in it. edit
- There are also supermarkets like 'Furshet' and 'Rainford' located around the city. Best would be to ask a taxi driver to take you to these places, or get familiarized with the names of the roads, and you can easily take a minivan there. Minivan No. 62, 10 and 74 can take you to the newly built shopping place called "Foxmart".
The number one must eat food in Simferopol is the Plov. It's a local version of the Indian Biryani or the Spanish Paella. This rice dish is oily, so those with a heart problem may want to abstain from it. One plate of plov cost 7 UAH, approx €1 at the Central Market.
Number two must eat food is meat on skewer, cooked over charcoal. It's called Shashlik by the locals. Goes very well with raw onion with vinegar and with Lepeoshka ( round bread).
Number three on the list is Lagman. A local version of Noodle soup.
In fourth place is the local's favourite Borsh. It's a vegetable soup, generally ate with bread. Solyanka, is also a local soup that is worth trying.
- Restaurant Fishing village (Рыбацкая Деревня), Simferopol-Kharkiv highway 6th km, ☎ 380 50 3447955, . Besides restaurant it has Russian sauna, pond where you can fish, open zoo where live African ostrich, peacock, rabbits, Vietnamese pigs, boars, goats, horses. The uniqueness of the Zoo "fishing village" is that animals do not sit in cages, but rather walk through the restaurant. Anyone can come up, pat and feed the animals. edit
- Vegeteria (Вегетерия), ul. Samokisha, 18, ☎ 380 50 393 0912, . 09:00 - 21:00. Quite decent vegetarian restaurant with low prices and warm atmosphere. edit
- Sushi-studio Taki (Суши-студия Таки), ul. Proletarskaya, 9 / ул. Bolsheviskaya, 28, ☎ +380 652 50-02-68, . 10:00 - 23:00. Fantastic Japanese food, definitely best in town. A bit pricey. Japanese-styled interior. Very nice place to eat. 40-100UAH mains. edit
- Shushi-Bar Fanconi (Суши-бар Fanconi), ave. Kirova, 32/1 (Lenin Square bus stop), ☎ +380 652 54-20-60. 24h. Good sushi and Japanese food. Some strange visitors, and sometimes not 5star service. But overall is OK. edit
- Cafe opposite Cosmos cinema, opposite Cosmos cinema (it's 1 bus stop away from the railway station or alternatively 10 minutes walk from there). Delicious Crimean Tatar cuisine. You have to wait some time for a food as it's very popular with locals. Nothing special ab the interior, but the food is simply super! inexpensive, 15-30UAH mains. edit
- Sytyi Gans (Ресторан Сытый Ганс), ul. Karla Marxa, д. 4. 10:00 - 23:00. German cuisine, lots of types of beer. Quite good as for a pub, but the food is just so-so. 40-80UAH. edit
- Rioni (Ресторан Риони), ul. Polegonnaya 50а (Located off the city center. There is no nearby public transport, so be prepared to get a taxi there and back or simply walk.), ☎ +380 652 27-37-27. 11:00 to the last guest. Absolutely fantastic Georgian cuisine. Enormously big menu. Below average prices, 30-60UAH mains. edit
- Cafe Chekhov (Кафе Чехов), ul. Chekhova, 4, . Quite comfortable and tasty place with 19th century atmosphere. It takes a while to wait for a food to arrive. edit
- Pesto Azzurro Trattoria, 30, Sevastopolskaya st; 17/2, Gagarina st, ☎ +380 50 391 1818 ([email protected]), . 9:00-23:00. Fine Italian dining restaurant. edit
- Cafe #1 (Кафе №1), ul. Ushinskogo, 4, ☎ +380 50 469 0433. Nice place to eat. Diverse menu. edit
- 4 Rooms (4 Комнаты), ul. Pushkina, 4/7, ☎ +380 95 476 9556, . Nice atmosphere and food. One of the best places to eat in Simferopol. WiFi edit
- Knyazha vtiha (Княжа Втіха), ul. Turgeneva, 35, ☎ +380 652 25-10-20, . Upscale restaurant serving Ukrainian cuisine. Good food but expensive. edit
Crimean wine, best to buy in supermarkets or in a company outlet shops.
- Pub Proletarskiy (Паб Пролетарский), ul. Kavkazskaya, 16, ☎ +380 652 620-952, 620-950. 10:00-24:00. They brew 3 types of their own beer of quite good quality. Serve European cuisine as well. 20UAH beers. edit
- Cafe Paparazzi (Папарацци), ul. Gogolya, 7, ☎ +380 50 333-68-30. 10:00-24:00. You can play darts here. Quite good food. edit
- Bar Begemotobar (Бар БегеМОТОбар), ul. Gorkogo, 8, ☎ +380 652 547475. 9:00-24:00. They have some good beer and amazing salads, other food available as well. It gets quite loud in the evenings. edit
- Pub Petrovich (Пивной ресторан Петрович). They serve fresh beer from Simferopol beer enterprise (called 'Крым'), the biggest beer enterprise in Crimea. At least, it's interesting to try. edit
- Irey, Lenina St. 25, ☎ 380 66 0000704, . 11:00 to the last guest. Chic place. The club regularly organizes live performances of well-known Ukrainian and foreign artists. Check with their website for upcoming events. edit
- Marmelad, Pushkina St. 8, ☎ 380 652 531253. 07:00 to the last guest. The club organizes original parties with prominent DJs and artists on Fridays and Saturdays. edit
- King, Karla Marksa St. 14, ☎ 380 95 7503227. 10:00 to the last guest. edit
- Kamelot, Gorkogo St. 1, ☎ 380 652 254456. 21:00 - 5:00. Very popular with locals. edit
- Rich, Karla Marksa St. 23/7, ☎ 380 66 9999966. 21:00 to the last guest. edit
- Globus, Kirova Ave. 32, ☎ 380 652 602929. Th-Su: 22:00 to the last guest. This rather small but still popular with locals place. edit
- Ray (Рай), Ryleyeva St. 2, ☎ 380 95 7671169. M,Fr,Sa: 21:00 to the last guest. Located a bit out of the center. edit
- There are many women at the railway and bus stations offering rooms/flats at quite low prices. However, there was one report saying that room had cockroaches, so choose carefully. May be it will help to ask for pictures beforehand.
- Artek Hostel, 5 Gagarina st. (across the street from railway station), ☎ +38 0652 223452, 226403. Communist style building. 290 UAH for a double room, 30UAH for dorm. edit
- Ukraina, 7, Rozy Luksemburg st. (which was renamed to Alexandra Nevskogo st.) (In the centre of the city), ☎ 380 652 532253, . Arguably the best 4-star hotel in the city. Especially after recent renovation and its current royal appeal. However, some drawbacks happen. They have restaurant with good food, although it's a bit pricey. Double 640 UAH. (44.959879,34.084482) edit
- Moskva, 2 Kyivska st., ☎ +380 (652) 620 615, . A Soviet-style hotel refurbished in 2010. Double 640 UAH. (44.945025,34.125158) edit
- Salgir, 9 Lenin Blvd (close to the train station), ☎ +380 (652) 521920, . Double 360 UAH. edit
- Valencia, 8 Odesskaya st., ☎ +380 (652) 51-06-06, . In the very heart of Simferopol. Valencia houses the office of FedEx. Double 400 UAH. edit
- Victoria, 17A Dekabristov st., ☎ +380 (652) 60-00-64, . In one of the most quiet central parts of town and surrounded by the green trees of two parks where you can find attractions for both children and adults. From US$70 double. edit
- Apartments Simferopol (Simferopol Apartments), ☎ 0664156797, . checkin: 13.00; checkout: 11.00. Luxury type Simferopol apartments, centrally location, Internet Wi-FI, Design renovation, Jacuzzi. Travel services, Interpreter, Travel information and help 50$. edit
- Apartments for rent in Simferopol (short & long term rental), 30+ apartments in central area, . A choice of central apartments, from budget to luxury, with Internet. Free airport pickup! from $29/night. edit
- Sportivnaya Hotel, Zhelyabova Street 50, ☎ 380 652 272311 ([email protected]), . 360 UAH double, 280 UAH single, 100 UAH per 2hrs stay. edit
- Hotel Europe, Oktyabrskaya Street 16. from 580 UAH double. edit
- Guest House on Suvorovskyy Spusk, Suvorovskyy Spusk 9. 400 UAH. edit
- Tavria Hotel, Bespalova Street 21. from 400 UAH double. edit
- Terrazzo Guest house, Bespalova Street 35a. 270 UAH. edit
- Jaguar Hotel, Zavods'koi Pereulok 33. 240 UAH. edit
- Simferopol Crimea Travelers Hostel, Tamanskaya st, 3 (bus stop Svoboda), ☎ 380 63 2252896, . edit
- Hotel Lermontov, ul. Lermontova,6, ☎ 38 066 1053311 ([email protected]), . 250-400 UAH double. edit
- Praga Hotel, ul. Karla Libknehta, 39/41, ☎ 380 652 708438, 380 99 5661279 ([email protected], fax: 38 0652 512643), . from 150 UAH. edit
- Vena Hotel, prospekt Pobedy, 65, ☎ 380 99 4485102, 380 652 534120 ([email protected]), . from 280 UAH double. edit
- Imrepial Hotel, ul. Kievskaya, 22, ☎ 380 652 547488, 547489 ([email protected]), . 600 UAH double, 550 UAH single. edit
- Hotel Zvezdnaya, Mate Zalki st, 17-Б (near central bus station), ☎ 380 652 608482, 517647 ([email protected]), . from 380 UAH double, 190 UAH single. edit
- Marsel Hotel, Borodina St, 22, ☎ 380 652 504979 ([email protected]), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. 200 UAH double, 150 UAH single. edit
- TES hotel, Krzhyzhanovskogo Street 38, Molodezhnoye (Located between airport and city itself.). checkin: 12:00; checkout: 12:00. 640 UAH. edit
- Crimean Astrophysical Observatory, close to Nauchnoe village (Simferopol - Sevastopol highway, road junction to Nauchnoe village. It's 25km from Simferopol and 12km from Bakhchisaray), ☎ +380 6554 71-170, +380 96 12 19 873 (10:00 - 17:00) ([email protected]), . after 19:00. It's possible to visit observatory and watch celestial bodies through telescopes. 50UAH. edit
- The radio telescope in Shkol'noe village. About 20km from Simferopol located the first Soviet limited-edition high accuracy radio telescope. Designed to support launches of spacecraft to the Moon and planets of the solar system. The diameter of the main reflector is 32m.
- Caves - located around 17km from the city. Take a minibus from the railway station to the end stop Perevalnoe for 3h, and then either walk 3km to the Red Cave or take a taxi 11km up a nearby mountain to the tremendous Marble Cave, discovered in 1987. A full tour takes 80 minutes and costs 70hr. Shorter tours are cheaper but the full one is well worth it.
- Skiing in Ai Petri is a great getaway from the city.
- Get on the guided tour on the longest trolleybus line in the world with a total length of 94km to nearby mountains, Angarskyi Pass, Alushta or Yalta (departure from railway station near clock tower, tours are in Russian only though).
- Go hiking to the nearby mountains. If you intend to go hiking in Crimea it might be worth writing down phones of Mountain Rescue Service of Crimea (Контрольно-спасательная служба Крыма) 380 652 253158, 380 67 7041319, 380 67 5550001. If the hike is difficult and/or dangerous you need to register with them. They also hire out hiking gear and can provide instructor (guide) for multiple-day hiking or speleological trips .