Siewierz (pronounced Sye-vyezh )is a small town in Silesian Voivodeship. It's famous by its castle
In early middle ages the town belonged to Silesian Duches of Piast Dynasty. From 1443 to 1790 year it was a capital city of Duchy of Siewierz governed by bishops of Krakow. Duchy of Siewierz was an independent state with its own laws and army. The Duchy was restored by Napoleon for a short period from 1807 to 1815. Its prince became Jean Lannes. From 1870 to 1962 Siewiewrz had a village status.
Siewierz is located near E75, A1 motorway and DK78. S1 expressway connects it with nearby Katowice airport. (only 20 minutes driving). Bus number 738 connects the town directly with the airport.
The town is well comunicated with nearby villages and districts.
- Castle.Gothic castle of Bishops of Krakow, built in 14 century and rebuilt in reneissance style in 16 century. As many Polish castles it was destoyed in Polish-Swedish war called Deluge
- City center and market place. Small center with some 18 and 19 century houses.
- St.Mathhew's church (Polish- kościół św.Macieja). Late baroque church from the end of 18 century with a beautiful interior.
- St.Valentine's church (Polish-kościół św. Walentego).Tiny baroque church from beginning of 17 century.
- St.John the Baptist church (Polish-kościół św. Jana Chrzciciela). Small romanesque church from 12 century, reconstructed in 1947-56. Nowaday it's located on the cemetery just next to A1 motorway.
- Ogrójec Chapel. Small chapel from 18 century.
- Sacred Heart Church (Stolarska street). Contemporary postmodern church with nice and modest interior. There're figurines in the presbytery highlighted by soft, pink light.
- Korczak pond (staw Korczak). Beautiful pond in the forest, quite far from the center
- Forest Education Center (Leśna Izba Edukacyjna). A museum presenting Siewierz region forests wildlife
Forest nearby Siewierz castle can be a good place for small walk. Nearby Czarna Przemsza river is popular kayaking destination.
Taste local food- Żurek Siewierski soup.
- Hotel Natura Residence Buissnes and Spa. Splurge hotel in the forest, about 2 km from the city center. It offers a swimming pool and rooms with WIFI
- Oberża Złota Gęś. Splurge hotel in the town center, rooms with WIFI
- U Kasi. Agrotourist object, barbecue place, garden
- Zajazd Leśny. Year-round bungalows in the forest, restaurant, open air swimming pool, tennis courts
- Motel BZ. Motel located near A1 motorway, free WiFi, restaurant
- Szel-Trans. Guest rooms in Boguchwałowice, open air swimming pool, garden
- Fenix. Guest rooms in Przeczyce, restaurant, accommodation in main building and bungalows
- Gościniec Paradise. Accommodation object in Przeczyce, near the lake.
- Guest Rooms. Located on Buczka street in Boguchwałowice
There's a camping field in Tuliszów and Boguchwałowice (on Przeczyce lake), place for both tents and campers. There's a camping resort in Przeczyce called Marinasurf.
- Wojkowice Kościelne —. Small village famous by Our Lady of Safe Journey sanctuary and more famous by Pogoria IV lake.
- Przeczyce lake- popular summer destination with many beaches and holiday villages Przeczyce, Boguchwałowice and Tuliszów . It's also a well known water sports center
- Brudzowice- small village with a church resembling Le Corbusier's Notre Dame Du Haut
- Czekanka- Holiday village in the woods
- Żelisławice- village with 18 century Zalassowski family chapel and nice church from late 50s.
- Świerklaniec — Village with a famous palace
- Będzin and Czeladź Two old towns with many places to see
- Siemonia and Sączów- Small villages with old churches on Camino de Santiago.
- Rogoźnik — Village with artificial lake and public beach
- Chruszczobród — Small village with 18 century church and grave of Gabriel Taszycki- Kosciusko Uprising pariticipant.
- Sławków — Small city with castle ruins