The Sierra Nevada is a mountain range in Andalucia in the south east of Spain. They are mainland Spain's tallest mountains, rising to over 10,000 ft (3000+ metres). The highest peak is Mulhacén at 3,479 m.
The Sierra Nevada lie predominately in the province of Granada.
The city of Granada lies in the foothills on the northern side of the Sierra Nevada
- Fly in to Malaga and drive eastwards from there.
- Drive westwards from the city of Almeria
- Alpujarras Valley 2,5 hours from Malaga, 1h15 from Granada
- ski resort 2 hours from Malaga Airport, 45 minutes from Granada airport. In September 2014 (low season) there is one bus that leaves Granada station at 9:00 am, drops off at the base in Pradollano and departs from the same area back to Granada at 5:00 pm. 5 euros each way and takes 45 minutes or 9€ both ways. Tickets can be bought at the central bus station in Granada. Nice day trip from Granada.
The Sierra Nevada National Park (known as the Parque Nacional Sierra Nevada in Spanish) covers part of the Sierra Nevada range and has a number of interesting species of animals.
- Andaventur Granada Adventure Company  - outdoor sports in the Sierra Nevada National park and Granada province, tandem paraglider flights, canyoning, hiking, ski, rock climbing, horse riding.
- Sierra Nevada Ski Resort, (from Granada ring road follow the signs for Sierra Nevada; roughly 2hr drive from Malaga airport and 45min from Granada airport; buses available from Granada), ☎ +34 902 708 090, . Europe's most southern ski resort generally open for skiing and snowboarding from December until the end of April. The resort itself is built on a steep hillside and the base is at 2200m with the highest point at 3300m. There are 103km of pistes and the range of pistes go from a flat beginners area with a "magic carpet" through to Green, Blue, Red and Black. There is also a children's only area called the "Dream Land". Skiing, snowboarding, hiking, dogsledding, skating, spa. edit
- Snowkite Sierra Nevada | Graykite, (Find us at White World next to the main gondola), ☎ +34 958 65 05 12, . Learn to snowkite in a ski resort. Lessons are in a dedicated snowkite zone guaranteed by the Sierra Nevada Ski Station." edit
- Trek Sierra Nevada (Hiking in Sierra Nevada), . Hiking guide for Sierra Nevada offering detailerd descriptions and gpx files edit
- Casa Rural Granada (Vacation rental Granada Sierra Nevada), Los Alayos 24 (just in front of Sierra Nevada [email protected]), ☎ +34 675 137 265, . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 12:00. Gorgeous vacation rental fitting up to 15 people 10 minutes away from Granada downtown (by car or bus) with private garden (1,000 m2), private swimming pool and jacuzzi from 15 euro / person. edit
- Camping Las Lomas Güéjar-Sierra 
- Fundalucia Guesthouse (Cosy guesthouse in the foothills of Sierra Nevada), Barrio Alto 18, 18192 Quéntar, ☎ +34639479631, . checkin: 14; checkout: 11. A cosy guesthouse in a 1000 inhabitants village 13 km from Granada and 32 km from the skiing resort. Easy access to hiking and kayaking on the nearby reservoir. 12.50€ - 17.50€. (37.194114,-3.4628241) edit