Sieradz (Syeradz) is a city in Łódź Voivodship.
Sieradz is a birthplace of Ary Szternfeld, one of pioneer of USSR space flights program, mostly focused on satellite shuttling .There's a memorial tableau dedicated to him.
The closest airport's Łódź one. Poznań and Warsaw-Chopin airports're located about 2 hours from the city. Sindbad bus company offers connections between some cities in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden and Italy. The buses use to stop on central bus station.
The city isn't much big and all attractions aren't located so far from each others.
- old town. Market place, old buildings, churches and synagogue
- collegiate. Beautiful medieval church
- City museum
- Holy Spirit church. Medieval wooden church located on cemetery.
- cemetery. Cemetery was established in 1810. There're many old graves. It's located near Holy Spirit church.
- Ethnographic Park. Ethnographic park's located near castle hill.
- Sacred Heart church. Contemporary church located on Aleja Grunwaldzka. There's a beautiful sgraffito decorations. The church is famous by two bells named John Paul II, Saint Joseph and Sacred heart.
- There're art exhibition in old post building.
- Rest in Mickiewicza and Staromiejski Park
- Rest on Warta river
- Go kayaking on Warta river
- There's a forest trail in Reduchów (near Miedźna) where you can see rare and protected plants.
- hotel Wróblewscy, Sarańska 8. editHotel located 1 km from city center, free WiFi, restaurant
- Hero Hostel, Bohaterów Września 61. editHostel located 2 km from city center, free WiFi
- Baza Noclegowa Mistral. editObject located 1 km from city center, free WiFi
- Noclegi Pałacyki, Topolowa 16 C. editObject located about 5 km from city center , garden
- Guest Rooms, Żabia 27. editGuest rooms in city center, not far from Warta river, bikers and fishers friendly.
- Noclegi w Rynku, Rynek 6. edit Guest rooms in close city center
- U Eli, Żabia 23. editGuest rooms in city center, WiFi, garden
- Sieradzkie Noclegi, Grota-Roweckiego 2. editGuest rooms in city center, shared bathroom, free WiFi
- Tubądzin — Place of old manor house nowadays heading a museum
- Złoczew — Old town with palace and Buczyna Złoczewska Forest Reserve
- Kalisz — The oldest Polish city
- Jeziorsko lake — popular recreation area
- Zduńska Wola — Multireligious city, birth place of Saint Maksymilian Maria Kolbe.
- Łask — Small town in the woods
- Łódź — The capital city of the voivodeship
- Konin — City famous by big lake complex