Sete Lagoas is a city in central Minas Gerais.
- Boa Vista Nautical Park (Parque Náutico da Boa Vista), Av. Prof Maurílio Jesus Peixoto 535, ☎ 31 3774-4422. This large park has sporting facilities, a small zoo with 20 animals, three playgrounds, two skate parks, pedalboats, and a stage for occasional events. edit
- Casarão / Nhô Quim Drumond Cultural Center (Casarão / Nhô Quim Centro da Cultura). An 18th-century manor has been turned into a cultural center dedicated to preserving local music, dance, religion, and folklore. There are several permanent exhibitions and a large amphitheater for dance performances. edit
- Municipal History Museum (Museu Histórico Municipal). Installed in a historic early 19th century house, this museum concerns itself with local history. You might give it a pass if you don't speak Portuguese. edit
- President Kubitschek Tourist Support Center (Centro de Apoio ao Turista Presidente Juscelino Kubitschek). This strange bird-like structure on Lake Paulino contains displays of local crafts and artwork. It also has an event space for occasional cultural exhibitions. edit
- Railroad Museum. Exhibits tools and objects on the inside, and on the outside are parked two antique locomotive engines and an antique passenger car. edit
- Rei do Mato Cave (Gruta Rei do Mato). This 235-meter-long cave has three rooms with caveman paintings dating to 6000 years ago. It also contains many types of formations unique in Brazil. edit
- Serra de Santa Helena, (7 km northeast of the city center). This mountain range, reaching 1076 meters in altitude, has a number of attractions, including the following: ' on the top, as well as Cascata Park' (Parque da Cascata), which has . edit
- Church of Saint Helen (Igrejinha de Santa Helena). Resting atop the highest point of the range, this church was built in 1852. There is a yearly festival and procession on the first Sunday of May. edit
- Cascata Park (Parque da Cascata). This park has 295 hectares of native forest with hiking trails, one of which leads to a waterfall with observatory. The grounds also have numerous sporting facilities and an artificial lake with a beach. Parking available. edit
Sete Lagoas takes its name from the seven lakes in and around town.
- Lake Boa Vista (Lagoa Boa Vista). edit
- Lake Catarina (Lagoa Catarina). edit
- Lake Cercadinho (Lagoa Cercadinho). edit
- Lake Chácara (Lagoa Chácara). edit
- Lake José Félix (Lagoa José Félix). edit
- Lake Matadouro (Lagoa Matadouro). edit
- Lake Paulino (Lagoa Paulino). This one is particularly good for people-watching, as the lake is ringed by bars and other establishments. edit
- Paragliding or hang-gliding - The Serra de Santa Helena has a designated ramp and optimal conditions for cross-country. Conditions are best from September to November.
- Inhotim, Rua B, 20 Inhotim Brumadinho, MG, ☎ 553135719700. A combination of botanical garden and art, the Inhotim park (122 km from Sete Lagoas) well deserves a visit. You can spend the day walking amidst exhuberant tropical vegetation, visiting the art galleries with modern art and instalations and have typical MG food at its restaurant or snack bar. There is also a pizzaria. There are entrance fees. edit