Scalea is an enchanting resorts in the south-western coast of Italy facing the Tyrrhenian Sea in the Golfo del Pollino called "Riviera dei Cedri".
Lamezia terme is the nearest airport one and a half hours drive . This is acccessible from many other italian airports as well as London Stanstead.Naples Airport is a mere two and a half hours drive
Scalea takes its name from the terraced lay-out up the hillside at the bottom of the Capo Scalea. Another version of the name is a try to derive it from the Greek words "daskalio" or "daskakalia", which indicated in Greek those small islands placed in defense along Scalea coastline. One more version used by many could be that the origin of the name comes from a word "scale" describing the structure of the village very rich in stairs.
One of the oldest cities in Calabria Scalea is placed on the heights and preserves the remains of an ancient wall, when the new one situated towards the beach, with modern hotels, villas and numerous bathing areas.
Scalea is seaside resort, 25 meters from the sea, strongly associated with the net of the beaches in the Riviera of the Cedars and developed to enhance tourist activity absorption in history, landscape advantages, tasting of local food and wine.
The Riviera of the Cedars locates a part of the territory of the province of Cosenzo, overlooks the Thyrrenian sea, the land, which streaches eighty kilometers from Tortora to Paola and includes some mountinous areas. Pay attention to the cedars growing here. This is what gave name to the riviera. Cedars like mild climate with no large temperature changes. The territory of the Riviera of the Cedars includes 22 municipalities and the coastline joins 15 seaside resorts: Tortora Marina, Praia a Mare, San Nicola Arcella, Scalea, Santa Maria del Cedro, Grisolia, Diamante, Belvedere Marittimo, Sangineto, Bonifati, Cetraro, Acquappesa, Guardia Piemontese, Fuscaldo and Paola.
The nearest airport is in Lamezia Terme. From there is possible to use train from Airport Lamezia to Scalea with changes in Paola. Local bus routes are served by company Preite. Bus agencies Flixbus and Eurobus serve inland connections around Italy.
Scalea has a long history. The ancient part of the city is perched on a hill, while the modern part follows an extensive strip of sand propped up by bathing establishments. Take a walk around the Old Town, where it is cool even on the hottest day. You can visit a lot of churches and other ancient monuments. The medieval village was once protected by an ancient walled enclosure has numerous towers, small capes from which you can enjoy one of the most exciting views of the entire region. The most famous monument of the city is the Torre Talao towering above the beach.
Walking around the old town, you will see the staircase of which Scalea takes its name (Scala - staircase). There are many picturesque staircases around of Scalea. One of them is Via C. de Bonis, where the steps rise higher and higher until you reach Cimalonga tower and a small anthropological museum. The very longest staircase Via San Giacomo connects two squares Piazza Cimalonga and Piazza Maggiore De Palma. There are numerous houses along the way, where the walls marked by time and today are decorated by vases full of colorful flowers that give beauty to the whole city.
The main monuments of Scalea are:
- Feudal Palace of the Princes (Palazzo dei Principi) Spinelli is evidence of medieval architecture of the 13th century. Now it is owned by the municipality is home to the Municipal Library and huge halls with valuable 17th century frescoes. The palace has numerous rooms at that time used for royal receptions and for the luxurious occasions immense halls were the backdrop of refined meetings, as well as various cultural events.
- The Norman Palace called Episcopio (12th century), which during the Angevin domination became a real military fortress.
- Palazzo Pallamolla built in the 14th century, a luxurious building with a huge arched window in the atrium and with a gorgeous view of the sea, where the Pallamolla family lived. They moved to Scalea from Provence to develope the trading of that time by the sea. In more recent times it was the headquarters of the Carabinieri or soldiers barracks.
- The indisputable symbol of the city is Talao tower (Torre Talao) of the 16th century, valuable representation of Aragonese architecture in Italy, built on the rock of a small islet, looks like a massive 13-metre square-plan tower on the side developed on three levels. Traces of the wall are visible around the complex. It was built with the aim of defending the Calabrian coast from Turkish atacks.
Today islet completely incorporated into the land and is characterized by the presence of natural cavities, which were inhabited by man of prehistoric times.
From its panoramic terrace you can admire the two faces of the city: the modern Scalea, developed on the edge of the beach below, and the ancient Scalea, which from its headland overlooks the entire coast.
- The Cimalonga Tower of the 15th century, cylindrical Aragonese-style building, once a mandal prison and now home to the Antiquarium, which houses an archaeological museum where a permanent collection from the Laos Archaeological Park is on display. Antiquarium Open 9.00 - 20.00 daily July-September) Tel. +39 098 592 0069
- The Tower of Scalicella or Judas (Torre della Scalicella or "di Giuda"), so called because, according to legend in 1600, the guardian of the tower did not warn the Castle of the impending landing of the Saracens, what subjected Scalea to a violent sacking.
- The Church of Santa Maria d’Episcopio, which the Scalaoti call the "church above", inside of which is worshiped the patron saint of the city, the Madonna del Carmine. It is built in Norman style and has a valuable crucifix, also a wooden sculpture of San Domenico, both from the 15th century. The canvas of the "Annunciation" is attributed to the school of Solimena and the canvas of the "Circumcision" by Paolo de Matteis is from the 17th century.
- Sanctuary Madonna of the Lauro was built in the 18th century. It is donated to those who escaped during the storm there.
- The Church of San Nicola in Plateis was built on the remains of the ancient Byzantine chapel between the 8th and 9th centuries and houses the sarcophagus of the Angevin admiral Ademaro Romano and the tomb of the Cartesian philosopher Gregorio Caloprese. The Scalaoti call it the "church below".
- Piazza Maggiore De Palma with the established pedestrian area is in the historic center of Scalea. It is home to events that take place every year in the summer. This ensures accessibility of the square for tourists to the old town. The Piazza Maggiore De Palma is the basis of the fantastic scenery of the central staircase that extends to the upper part of the old town of Scalea.
- The ruins of the Norman Castle (11th century) dominate over the upper part of Scalea Antica. It was built by the Normans on the remains of a longobard fortress and was even praised by The Boccaccio in the Decamerone.
- The 4 gates of Scalea. This town holds 4 gates, one is called a sea gate, the second is called the bridge gate, from an ancient bridge, in which you see a piece of artillery; the third gate of Cimalonga and the fourth gate of the fort.
One of the most important is the sea gate in Piazza Padre Pio. It was the typical meeting place for fishermen and sailors, while Porta Cimalonga was crossed by the peasants to go to the market or by the merchants who came to the village to sell their goods; Bridge Gate was reserved for feudalists and people of respect; Fort Gate, in addition to the defensive function, was used for the passage of the Prince, his family and his dignitaries.
- Capo Scalea is cliff of eighty meters high and on the flat part of it stands round Dino tower.
- Salera Cliff (scogliera della Salera)
- Cave “Enter and get out” (grotta d'u trasi e jesci). It is a natural tunnel that emerges to the small beach in the thimble shape and called “a Jiditala”.
- Kiss Cave (grotta bacio). The name of the Kisses cave is easily guessable, because it is secret place for lovers.
- Sheep Cave (Grotta della Pecora) is accessible by a boat swimming across the rocky tunnel inside. This cave owes its name from the large rocky sheep head, which overlooks the entrance.
The cliff that goes from the cape Scalea to Ajnella, the Salera cliff, which is full of caves and small bays including the cave Enter and Get out, the cave Jiditala, the Kiss cave, the Sheep cave, the Briganti cave, all around is a fairytale vision of the world.
A beautiful medieval centre with a fairytale sea of Scalea is a small gem set in Riviera of the Cedars.
Scalea is known as the relaxation center since antiquity and it evidences the villas of the Roman era. Scalea is holidays destination for those who loves sunbathing and sea. It is awarded by the blue flag of UNESCO. Eight kilometres of the Tyrrhenian Sea coastline from Ajnella towards Cirella is the clear and crystal water with beaches resort, which is perfect for holidays and relaxing swims.
There are many free beaches with a long tongue of white sand, that allows tourists to take advantage of unequipped beaches accessible at any time of the day.
Beach weather lasts from mid-April to mid-November. Very crowded period is August.
- Lido da Pietro, Lungomare Ruggero di Lauria, 87029 Ajnella
- Lido il Pescespada, Via Ruggiero di Lauria, 9, 87029 Scalea
- Lido La Casetta, Lungomare Ruggero di Lauria, 87029 Scalea
- Spiaggia di Scalea
- La Pantera Rosa Village, Via Tirreno, Scalea
- Lido Baldi, Corso Mediterraneo, 1, 87029 Scalea
- Lido Tequila, Corso Mediterraneo, Snc, 87029 Scalea
- Lido Il Corallo, Corso Mediterraneo, 427, 87029 Scalea
- Lido I Delfini, 87029 Scalea
- Lido delle Sirene, Corso Mediterraneo, 87029 Scalea
- Lido Nettuno, Corso Mediterraneo, 475, 87029 Scalea
- Lido Hermitage, 87029 Scalea
- Lido Mauro, Corso Mediterraneo, 475, 87029 Scalea
- Lido il VIP, Corso Mediterraneo, 87029 Scalea
- Lido Orizzonte di Biagio Cirimele, Corso Mediterraneo, 87029 Scalea
- Lido Boomerang di Roberto
- Paradise Beach Stabilimento Balneare, Corso Mediterraneo 556
- Lido Pucará, Corso Mediterraneo, 539, 87029 Scalea
- Madagascar beach, SS 18 Tirrena Inferiore, 87029 Scalea
- Lido Nausicaa and bathhouse, Corso Mediterraneo, SS 18 Tirrena Inferiore km 262, 87029 Scalea
- Holiday Beach, Corso Mediterraneo, 97, 87029 Scalea
- La Fortezza, 87029 Scalea
- South Beach, Corso Mediterraneo, 87029 Scalea
- Lido Makumbeach, Via del Mare, 16, 87029 Fiume Lao
- Stabilimento Balneare Playa do Brazil, Via del Mare, 16, 87029 Fiume Lao
- Lido Francesco, Alessio e Chiara, Via del Mare, 8, 87029 Fiume Lao
- Lido Rimessaggio El puente, Via del Mare, 12, 87029 Fiume Lao
- Foce Lao, Unnamed Road, 87029, Fiume Lao
Sport fans can enjoy kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, swimming, diving, fishing and other water sports also walking or trekking along the famous and a long bike path.
- Canoeing or Rafting Laoraft Scalea A.S.D. (centro lao action raft)  tel. +39 338 223 6744
- Rafting yahooo  tel. +39 320 441 6639
- Parafly Mediterranean course (south side of the Talao Tower Scalea
- Diving (Sub Scale Center)
- Quad Adventure Scalea
Pollino National Park Below you see possible routes:
- Argentinian River Valley
- The Gorges of Lao
- The Romito Cave
- The Gorge of the Rose
- The Mula
The Pollino National Park headquarters are in the town of Rotonda; park and tourist information offices throughout the region should be able to provide maps and detailed information on hiking in the area.
Procession of Our Lady of Carmine
The Saint Patron of Scalea is the Madonna del Carmine, which is celebrated on July 16 of each year, in the old town Caloprese Square with an infiorata (flower art festival) is set up that occupies a space of almost one hundred meters. That day Scalea is full of flowers on votive chapels, balconies, altars and votive cintes, that during the procession are carried on the heads of women and men walking the streets of old town barefoot.
The decorations also include the basil, which is blessed at the passage of the statue of Our Lady. The basil has a very important value in the religious history of Scalea.
On September 8 the Madonna del Lauro is celebrated, whose statue, is received by the sea from Meta di Sorrento. It is dedicated to the fishermens of the village.
For shopaholics the main shopping streets offer a wide variety and quality of items and clothing. On the streets of the old town a large amount of small shops and stalls, that offer a wide variety of souvenirs and typical local products related to crafts, footwear and countless local food and wine products such as sausages, vegetables in oil or various vegetables.
In Scalea there are countless restaurants, where you can enjoy tasty local food. Don't miss the baked broccoli, stuffed olives, pasta with fennel, the typical almond cake. Food and wine culture present to taste the appetizers and wonderful blue fish, a real local pride, in the most varied preparations, from marinated anicies to the local and flavored herbs. There are also numerous dishes related to the land, local cured meats and sausages, cheeses prepared by local farmers.
It is recommended to taste the friselle with mixture of tomatoes, anchovies and olives or stuffed eggplant, both fried and baked. For a particular ice cream we recommend chocolate flavored with chilli, not to be missed at all!
The restaurants in Scalea offer a truly unique and wonderful seafood cuisine, not only a typical and local traditional cuisine, but also international. There are large variety of restaurants suitable for all pockets mostly concentrated in the countless streets of the old town.
- Antica Trattoria A' Taverna, Vico Municipale III 41, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 388 604 4483. Home cooking restaurant edit
- Cimalonga, Via Vittorio Emanuele III 76, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 339 631 8878. Pizzeria edit
- I Portici, Via Lido 19/21, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 348 365 2339. Pizzeria edit
- Il Corsaro, Corso Mediterraneo 145, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 520 823. Restaurant edit
- Il Metamare, Via Rimoli 3, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 0985 041482. Seafood restaurant edit
- Il Peperoncino Pizzeria Da Asporto, Viale Michelangelo, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 320 066 4446, . Pizza take away edit
- La Piazzetta, Piazza Caloprese, 6, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 580 3138. Restaurant edit
- La Perla del Tirreno, Corso Mediterraneo 97, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 389 967 9391. Seafood restaurant edit
- La Scogliera, Lungomare Ruggero di Lauria 1, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 592 0545. Restaurant pizzeria edit
- La Vecchia Fattoria, Via Fiume Lao 150, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 380 357 8986. Restaurant Pizzeria edit
- Le Armonie Ricevimenti, Viale Raffaello, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 393 977 4278, . Restaurant edit
- Le Mimose, Via Gen.C.A.dalla Chiesa 2, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 0985 20145. Restaurant pizzeria. Live music edit
- Pizzeria Mediterranea, Corso Mediterraneo 379/381, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 340 979 5751. Restaurant pizzeria edit
- Tari, Piazza de Palma Maggiore 8/9/10, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 0985 91777. Restaurant pizzeria edit
- Vesuvio, Via Lauro 147, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 347 921 0167. Restaurant pizzeria edit
- Vigri, Via Ruggiero di Lauria, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 527 0235, . Restaurant edit
- Vularie Siciliane, Via Michele Bianchi 11, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 504 1946. Sicilian restaurant edit
The nightlife of Scalea is well organized shows and stalls that, especially during the peak season are protagonists of the different pizzas. The only flaw is that there are not many clubs or equipped clubs, you can do the small hours in the different pubs and bars on the shoreline. Even the establishments sometimes offer the opportunity to be late into the night listening to good music, sometimes even live. In the squares of the old town are excellent aperitifs, that you can make, with a wide variety of products, or on the promenade and various streets and establishments, that after an intense day in the sun regenerate with refreshing cocktails and tasty food. One of the most beautiful and fascinating discos in Scalea is Acadie Club, which organizes parties, events and DJ sets with the presence of the most famous DJs in the world.
- Birreria Valhalla, Piazza de Palma Maggiore 11, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 373 529 4328. Beer hall edit
- Café Retrò, Via Aldo Scoppetta 21, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 504 1580. Bar edit
- Cavo Lounge, Viale John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 345 578 4434. Bar edit
- La Playa, SS 18 Tirrena Inferiore, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 520 579. Bar Beer Great cocktails edit
- Sweet Café, Corso Mediterraneo 273, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 527 0395. Espresso bar edit
- ViaVai, Via Lauro 68, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 592 0998. Cafe Wine Bar edit
- Afrodite, Via Amba Alagi 9- trav Via Axum, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 393 411 1485 ([email protected]), . B&B edit
- Bonicose, Contrada Bonicose, 87020 Orsomarso, ☎ +39 098 529 391 ([email protected]), . Azienda Agrituristica edit
- Brazzano, Via Piave, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 504 0573 ([email protected]), . Hotel Villa edit
- Campeggio Lao, Corso Variante SS 18, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 521 533 ([email protected]), . Camping edit
- Camping Il Gabbiano, Località Arenile, Variante SS 18, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 520 563 ([email protected]), . Camping edit
- Camping Moby Dick, SS 18 Tirrena Inferiore, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 520 278. Camping edit
- Cielo Tinto, Via Alcide de Gasperi 7, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 333 366 5318. Hotel edit
- Cirelli, Via Lauro 319, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 339 275 3495 ([email protected]), . B&B edit
- De Marco Gamba, Via Madre Teresa di Calcutta 281, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +. Villa edit
- Felix, Corso Mediterraneo, 87209 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 527 2150 ([email protected]), . Hotel edit
- Genova, Via Lido 10, 87029 Scalea, ☎ + 39 098 520 209 ([email protected], fax: "="+39), . Hotel edit
- Giordanelli, Via Fiume Lao, Scalea, ☎ +39 345 596 7532. Villa edit
- Grand Hotel De Rose, Lungomare Mediterraneo, 22, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 520 273 ([email protected], fax: +39 098 592 0194), . Hotel is nestled in amid the greenery of tropical palm trees on the Riviera Dei Cedri, overlooking the Bay of Scalea in Calabria. Grand Hotel De Rose features private beach, roof garden with pool and Jacuzzi, Fitness Center and Beauty Salon, Restaurant and Congress Center. edit
- La Pantera Rosa Village, Via Tirreno 11, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 337 878 878 ([email protected]), . Village edit
- La Rosa dei Venti, ☎ +39 349 538 6633 ([email protected]), . B&B edit
- Lavinium, Vico I Marittimo, 12, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 338 713 5345, . B&B edit
- Mirasol, Via Ruggiero il Normanno 4/Piano 3, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 333 537 4455, . B&B edit
- Panorama Family Club, Via Piano Lettieri 34, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 0985 271773 ([email protected]), . Hotel edit
- Paradiso, Corso Mediterraneo 553, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 0985 21417. Hotel-Restaurant edit
- Parco Dei Principi, Corso Mediterraneo 459, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 0985 20334, . Hotel edit
- San Domenico Family, Viale Raffaello, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 525 6555 ([email protected]), . Hotel edit
- Santa Caterina Village Club, Corso Mediterraneo 172, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 504 3105. Hotel edit
- Scalea, Via Nazario Sauro 20, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 504 0019 ([email protected]), . Hotel edit
- Talao, Corso Mediterraneo 66, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 520 444 (fax: +39 098 520 927), . Hotel Talao is in the splendid setting of the beach at Scalea, a convenient solution for an entertaining seaside vacation. It could be a good base for visiting Maratea and the Golfo di Policastro, the Parco Nazionale del Pollino, the Riviera dei Cedri and Cosenza. edit
- The Belvedere, Via G. Pezzotti 26, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 098 591 919 ([email protected]), . B&B edit
- Villaggio Adalberto, Via Tirreno, 13, 87029 Scalea, ☎ +39 0985 20077 ([email protected]), . Hotel edit
Sea route by boat  allows seeing coastline landscape as cliffs (Arco Magno or Ajnenella cliff), caves, sandy beaches, Dino island at Praia a Mare, isle of Cirella, seaside resorts. From the cliffs of Salera, Monachicchi, Giumenta up to the cave of Tras and Jesce is a fairy-tale and unique world vision.
Isola di Dino, characterized by the presence of two particular caves: the Blue Cave named for its intense blue color of its waters and the Lion's Cave so defined by the presence of a rock that takes the form of a lying lion.
Boat tours also offer swimming and snorkeling in the clear waters of the sea. Divers can explore the sea flora and sea life or take a look at the sunken ships there.
Mountinous route  is only a few kilometers from the coast, where the Orsomarso Mountains start. Rock formations of limestone and dolomites reach 2000 meters high. The highest peak is the Cozzo del Pilgrim of 1987 meters high. The erosive engraved rocks surround the gorges and canyons of the Riviera of the Cedars. All this beauty you can see taking the hiking, trackking, horseback riding, mountains biking, even rafting or paragliding at some places.
Take the religious path called „Way of Miracles“ .
Tyrrhenian coastline cities: Tortora Marina, Praia a Mare, San Nicola Arcella, Scalea, Santa Maria del Cedro, Grisolia, Cirella, Diamante, Belvedere Marittimo, Sangineto, Bonifati, Cetraro, Acquappesa, Guardia Piemontese, Fuscaldo and Paola.
- Tortora Marina is the first town on Italy's Tyrrhenian coast when you enter Calabria from the north crossing the river Noce. It seaside resort boasts by nice terraca and beaches along the sea coastline, Piazza Stella Maris with playground for kids, Ship tower (Torre Nave).
- Praia a Mare, where you can visit the Sanctuary of the Madonna della Grotta. It is also seaside resort. Among the many points of interest is Dino island worth to visit it.
- San Nicola Arcella. This seaside resort stands on a hill and overlooks the sea on a beautiful natural concave that can be admired from the ancient Belvedere, that has recently been restored. It is famous by the Saracen Tower, known as the Napoleonic fort, Ducal palace, Crawford Tower named after the last owner and the "Prince's Palace", country villa overlooking the gulf. Resort has one of the most beautiful white sand beaches in Calabria. The main beach "the Great Arc" is possible to admire from above 20 meters high, where you can reach it by a pedestrian path or with small boat to explore its spectacular frames. San Nicola Arcella has enough well equipped area for the children entertainment.
- Santa Maria Del Cedro is seaside resort. The main points of interest are: remains of the Norman aqueduct, the ancient Greek city of Laos, St. Michael's Castle ruins. The earlier fortress is located on a rocky hill and itself is a rectangular shape and has a circular tower.
Prison of Enterprises earlier used for the forced labor of inmates for the production of oil. Today it is restored and named after the arch. It is the site of cultural events. The Cedar Museum is located there on the first floor.
- Grisolia is seaside resort. It is perched on a hill and separated from the neighbour town of Maiera by a ravine. Center is of the medieval origin with the tangle of alleys, stairs, arches and supports. Ducal Palace, built in 15th century, separates among the other buildings. Sanctuary of San Rocco is the most beautiful among the other churches.
- Cirella, which houses a wonderful amphitheater located in the upper part of the historic center. The main points of interest are: castle, ruins of theatre, wall remains, mausoleum of Tredoliche, church of San Nicola Magno, church of dell'Annunziata and Cirella isle. The Black Cliff of Cirella is one of the most striking cliffs of the Calabrian Tyrrhenian. It extends for several hundred meters to the north and south of Punta di Cirella, from which you can see the island named in the same way. The cliff is mainly composed of limestone rocks.
- Diamante. It is seaside resort with its signature Chilli Festival taking place in September, ideal for full immersion in the spicy Calabrian gastronomy. Other festivals as Jazz Festival, Wine Festival or Film Festival also take place there. Town and the coast, are so attractive that they have been used as the set for several films and TV shows. Diamante is also called the city of murals, because there are 130 paintings to visit on the walls of the houses in the historic center.
- Belvedere Maritimo is seaside resort. The town has two separate areas called as "paese" and "marina". The main points of interest are: Norman castle built around 1000, monastery of "San Daniele" (16th century), Roman tower "Paolo Emilio", church of "Rosario" (Rosary) founded in 1091, wooden Crucifix (17th century).
- Sangineto is the small town divided into two parts: the old town, very characteristic that is located in the mountains and the Lido (Le Crete resort) which is located near the sea. Visit Santa Maria della Neve church of 1200.
- Bonifati is seaside resort. You must-see these subjects: the oldest churches of Calvary and SS. Announced, Shrine of Mary SS. del Rosario, Bonifati Fortress Castle (12th century), palaces: Cape, Favarulo, Scamardi-De Aloe, Barbieri, Prince, Francesco De Aloe, towers: Fella, Porta Malvitana, Cape and Parise. It is worth mentioning the Convent of St. Francis of Paola, dedicated to Santa Maria di Loreto, built between 1518-1520 and The Shrine of the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Rosary dating back to the 17th century.
- Cetraro is seaside resort. The main points of interest are religious subjects.
- Acquappesa is seaside resort with a nise seafront. It has six kilometers coastline with a long beach consisting mostly of gravel and pebbles and forested mountainous area around with winding serpentine roads. In the oldtown visit Church of Santa Maria del Rifugio which is built in neoclassical style.
Not very far there is terme offering sulphurous waters for the treatment of many deceases.
- Guardia Piemontese is seaside resort. The old town is divided into many alleys whose flooring is formed by a set of stones. Possible points to visit are church of St. Apostle Andrew and church of the Holy Rosary, ancient summer residence of Spinelli. Different gates with their own stories as Blood, Carruggio or doors with peepholes, which possible to open only from the outside. Rock of Val Pellice on the Valdese Church Square.
- Fuscaldo is seaside resort. The main points of interest are religious subjects.
- Paola is seaside resort. The main points of interest are religious subjects such as Sanctuary di San Francesco, basilica, dedicated to Santa Maria degli Angeli, church of Santissima Annunziata, church of Santa Maria di Monte Vergine. Don‘t miss the peacock and arch of San Francesco, which are the moust famous symbols of the city and the all historic centre of Paola.
The mountinous area towns are Aieta, Santa Domenica Talao, Papasidero, Orsomarso, La Petrosa, excavations of ancient Laos, Verbicaro, Maiera and Buonvicino.
- Tortora you will reward with superb mountain views, fascinating architecture (Casa Di Garibaldi, Chiesa di San Pietro Apostolo), houses, that seem to spill down the mountain sides, busy, colorful shops and one of the region's most interesting museums. Aa drive to this ancient village is worth it. Archeological museum di Blanda, Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi 257, 87020 Tortora.
- Aieta has the main points of interest in local churches.
- Santa Domenica Talao is almost a terrace which overlooks the entire coast from Scalea to Cirella and and the cedar plantations, which only here mother nature wants to grow.
- Papasidero. Beautiful church of Santa Maria di Costantinopoli and famous by the important archaeological find, the grafito of the "bos primigenius" dating back to the Paleolithic era. Grotta del Romito is in distance of 8 km from Papasidero.
- Orsomarso small village with some churches of Santa Maria Mercury, St. John Baptist and S.S.Salvatore, grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes, ruins of Mercury's castle from the 10th century, clock tower and Mozza column. Nearby stands watermill.
- La Petrosa is a beautiful place to observe the whole panorama of the Lao river valley.
- Between Marcellina and Santa Maria del Cedro are the excavations of ancient Laos.
- Verbicaro village is on the outskirts of Pollino national park. It has museum of Wine housed in the former prison. The main points of interest are religious subjets such as churches of St. Francis of Paola, St.Joseph, Santa Maria del Piano or Mother Church of the Assumption. Admire the fountain di Vico Vignale and clock tower.
- Maiera narrow streets of the old town present several works of the modern art. Admire by Grand gate and the sculpture park. Also don‘t miss churches of Santa Maria del Piano or church of St.Peter, grotta di San Domenico. Maiera has the "Museum of Chilli", which presents the varieties of this spice from all over the world of so-called "red gold".
- Buonvicino is a small rocky village overlooking the river valley and it is listed as the most beautiful village in Italy. It has sanctuary of Our Lady and church of San Ciriaco.