Savusavu is in Vanua Levu, Fiji.
The “Hidden Paradise of Savusavu” has not changed much in the last 50 years. It is only just now becoming an active tourist destination with it’s several luxury resorts and growing number of boutique villas and beach houses for rent. Investment in Savusavu is picking up speed and it seems that everyone wants to own a piece of this hidden paradise.
With the start of construction of a new 5 star luxury resort on Nawi Island in addition to the Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Resort, Tony Robbin’s Namale Resort, Daku Resort and the Koro Sun Resort; Savusavu is set to become a premiere destination for families wanting to experience Fiji while enjoying the comforts of first class accommodations in a truly wonderful setting.
Whether you need fishing gear, scuba equipment, fabrics, tee-shirts, watches, video rentals or just want to enjoy a leisurely walk through the open air vegetable market, Savusavu offers something for everyone. Customs and Immigration offices are also here so clearing your yacht is a simple affair. You’ll find a safe mooring from either of the two marinas located a minute or two walk from the heart of Savusavu and its many local restaurants and bars. There are many different restaurants to choose from in Savusavu. Many of the restaurants feature chefs that have been trained at the leading resorts around Fiji and Savusavu so you may be very surprised at the fine quality of meals available locally.
Fiji Airways is Fiji majority owned and flies to Savusavu from Nadi and Suva.
Savusavu Helicopters Operates from Savusavu and has daily charter flights and transfers from Labasa, Taveuni and Nadi
- Savusavu Helicopters. Provides spectacular scenic tours and day trips around Savusavu. Some of their offerings include 15 and 30 minute scenic flights where you get to see the amazing reefs and bays of Savusavu. They also offer longer trips including Romantic beach escapes, and day trips to Taveuni. Contact them directly at [email protected]
- Liquid State Freediving. Explore the wonders and underwater beauty of Savusavu. Check out their website for more information and to see some great photos and video!
- Diving Diving around Savusavu is not to be missed. The Namena Marine Protected Area (MPA) is located between the 2 main islands of Fiji, Viti Levu and Vanua Levu, to the south east of Savusavu and the north west of Koro Island. It is an area of exceptional reef health. The richness of the marine life in Namena has been cataloged and confirmed by scientists who detail the area as being home to more that 1,000 species of invertebrates, 400 known corals and 445 documented marine plants. The area is home to some of Fiji's most pristine reefs and exceptional dive sites such as Chimneys and North Save a Tack, where you are likely to find several different types of barracuda in huge schools as well as impressive numbers of jacks, red snappers, grey reef sharks, and 3 different types of sea snake. Namena is a migratory pathway for whale species including bottlenose and spinner dolphins, minke, pilot, sperm and humpbacks. Fiji is home to 4 of the world's 7 marine turtle species, and Namena provides nesting beaches for both green and hawksbills. There is also a major seabird nesting site on Namena with approximately 600 pairs of protected red boobies. Jean Michelle Cousteux Resort operate trips to Namena and locally daily.
- J Hunter Pearls J Hunter Pearls produce some of the world’s finest pearls in a superb palette of unique colours – gold, black, chocolate, cobalt, pistachio. Visit their shop or take a tour around their pearl farm and see how these beautiful objects are grown.
- Flora Trocia Gardens, With over 250 species of palms, some of which are very rare and endangered as well as many flowering trees, orchids, heliconia, water lilies and much more. A fun and informative tour.
- Local Market, Visit the Local Market in the center of Savusavu. A fun experience for the entire family.
- Surf and Turf, A popular restaurant in Savusavu Town offering deliciousgourmet sea food and meat dishes
- The Copra Shed, A favorite among the visiting sailors and the expats, the copra shed serves a variety of dishes to suit all tastes
- Grace Road, Using locally sourced fresh produce Grace Road serves cakes, coffee as well as lunch and dinner
- Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Resort, Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Islands Resort is a luxury Resort set amongst a beautifully manicured coconut plantation. 25 luxurious Bures fringe the sparkling waters of Savusavu Bay or face the lovingly tended gardens.
- Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa, Koro Sun Resort offers air-conditioned bungalows and luxury villas with stunning ocean views. Guests have access to a private beach, day spa and fitness centre. Free airport transfers are included.
- Savusavu Hot Springs Hotel, Featuring a restaurant and bar with pool table, plus an outdoor swimming pool, this hotel is situated in the heart of Savusavu town centre. All rooms have a private balcony with panoramic bay views.
- Daku Resort, Daku Resort is located on a coconut plantation overlooking Savusavu Bay and the mountains. The resort offers an outdoor swimming pool, Wi-Fi internet access and kayak and boat rental.
- Savasi Private Island, The unique waterfront villas are nestled amongst beautiful rainforest gardens and coconut trees and are elevated to capture gentle sea breezes and panoramic sea views from every room!